All-New Member

Default Batman Newspaper Dailies/Strips from 1953 & 1989-1991

Hello, is anyone aware if the 1953 Batman newspaper strip run and/or the 1989-1991 run was ever reprinted in a collected edition? Or if anyone has heard that DC may do so in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyd5555 View Post
    Hello, is anyone aware if the 1953 Batman newspaper strip run and/or the 1989-1991 run was ever reprinted in a collected edition? Or if anyone has heard that DC may do so in the future?
    The best you can get for now is here:
    https://newspapercomicstripsblog.wor.../01/08/batman/

Also you can keep a look on IDW or Sterling Publishing 's publishings.

Retired

I bought COMICS REVUE back in the day just so I could get all the Batman comic strip from 1989 - 1991.

All-New Member

Thanks, Jim. I had heard it was reprinted over many issues of Comics Revenue and the price seemed high if I recall correctly. Can only hope the entire series is reprinted in a collected edition or two.

All-New Member

Thank you so much, jb681131. I'm not sure how to open the CBR files on the site. With Carmine Infantino and Marshall Rogers contributing artwork to the series I would be surprised if a reprint edition didn't sell well. Can only hope to see one soon.

CBR files are just renamed RARs. They're renamed so that special comics reading software opens them. But you can use WinRAR, WinZIP or similar software to open them instead if you change the extension to RAR.

Likewise, CBZ files are really ZIPs.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-06-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Thank you. I may be doing something wrong. When I first download from the site it is an RAR file. I use Winzip to unzip the file and it becomes CBR files. I don't see a way to open them from there or unzip them. If I rename to RAR I'm back in the loop or having to unzip which makes it back to a CBR.

Incredible Member

I remember reading a lot of them, especially the Max Allan Collins run, on Scans Daily but you'd have to search for it.

The 80s newspaper strip had an interesting take on Two Face's origin that I liked a lot... basically it expanded on the Harvey/Batman dynamic

Incredible Member

Thanks, Jim. I had heard it was reprinted over many issues of Comics Revenue and the price seemed high if I recall correctly. Can only hope the entire series is reprinted in a collected edition or two.
    I've been finding them cheap at conventions for a buck each.

All-New Member

A quick check on MyComic Shop seems to show that Comics Revenue 41-67 were the issues that reprinted the Batman newspaper strip. Is anyone able to confirm?

Thank you. I may be doing something wrong. When I first download from the site it is an RAR file. I use Winzip to unzip the file and it becomes CBR files. I don't see a way to open them from there or unzip them. If I rename to RAR I'm back in the loop or having to unzip which makes it back to a CBR.
    WinRAR unzips CBR files directly.

All-New Member

Thank you!! That worked.

Incredible Member

With IDW having finished reprinting the 60's Batman newspaper strip I'm hoping they will do the 89-91 one next (especially as the 89 movie comic adaption is also getting a hardcover release).