Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't think of a gangster who would unironically call themselves The Joker, at least the way Joker actually uses his name.

Captain Cold fits his powerset and his role within Flash's Rogues Gallery. The comics have been taking him seriously for years, as has the TV show. Fans would complain a lot if you treated him and the rest of The Rogues like jokes.

I don't see how The Flash can't be taken seriously any more then other Superhero properties, especially when there is so much heart and stakes set in every story.
    Batman's rogues have serial killer names or nicknames that other people would give them. Flash's rogues are more playful. I mean a guy can teleport through mirrors but robs banks for a living?

The 15:48 through 18:15 minute marks capture some of my feelings on why a more lighthearted approach should be taken to the Flash's stories:

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-13-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Batman's rogues have serial killer names or nicknames that other people would give them. Flash's rogues are more playful. I mean a guy can teleport through mirrors but robs banks for a living?
    I mean, that can be lobbied at pretty much every major Supervillain when you think about it.

Granted, Mirror Master has done worse then rob banks.