Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

The first three seasons are kinda awesome in an imperfect way,with Season 2 being the strongest of the three. Season 4 it floundered with the Lana/Witches/stones stuff,but Lois was the best thing about this season and the finale was fantastic and almost would have sort of worked as a series finale with a few tweaks. Season 5 was a return to form with a few fantastic episodes (namely "Lexmas" and "Reckoning",but Jonathan's death really marked the end of an era,and the show began a gradual decline in quality that hit rock bottom in Season 7. However there are still good episodes sprinkled about those seasons.

Then,the show found its second wind with Seasons 8,9 and 10. The lack of Lex and Lana forced the new producers to think out of the box and just do a straight up Superman show without the classic suit. The finale is great in spite of the sorta cop out regarding Welling and the costume.

I haven't really watched the show since the revelation of Allison Mack's double life,but I don't think ultimately it will greatly hinder my enjoyment of rewatching it. If there were dark Revelations about Tom Welling,or Rosenbaum,or Erica Durance etc,then perhaps I'd feel differently, but generally I can divorce the character from the person playing them.However,I get where those of you that can't watch it now because of Allison's crimes are coming from.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-07-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.