Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Aqualad is appearing in KSD's Aquaman series.
    Well, that's overdue. He should've been appearing in Aquaman as soon as he debuted in TT.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would love to see lightning on a book, it’s a shame DC don’t use her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I would love to see lightning on a book, it’s a shame DC don’t use her.
    I don't understand DC's logic by not using Thunder or Lightning, especially with Black Lightning having a TV show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    90s Young Justice had Secret, but her powers were a curse and she was depowered just before the team was absorbed into the Teen Titans.
    I think she is a charcter whos Story was told and that should not really brought back (apart from cameos in her now normal human form).

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't understand DC's logic by not using Thunder or Lightning, especially with Black Lightning having a TV show.
    Last I heard, the two weren't even Jefferson's kids, but his cousins. And only minor, non-meta characters at that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Last I heard, the two weren't even Jefferson's kids, but his cousins. And only minor, non-meta characters at that.
    The stupidity of the people in charge of DC comics never ceases to amaze me.

The stupidity of the people in charge of DC comics never ceases to amaze me.
    I haven't read, but assumed it was a byproduct of wanting to de-age their heroes. Not a fan of that, generally.

Though I will acknowledge the daughters weren't always around and just popped up super-hero-aged after the character had existed for 25 years, as far as I know. And I can get how that would be annoying to someone already a fan. And when they switched them off the cousins, they didn't know a popular show wasn't going to be created using them as daughters in a few years.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-08-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

DC had in the past year often the tendency to go for either iconic team line ups or leat the writers create completly new charcters, Thunder and Lightning don't really fit into this.

It would also be the question where to put them and what to do with them.
    Lighting could fit age wise into the Young Justice Generation, but she is iirc not really a developed character (I really don't remember really doing much during her time in JSA series).
    And Thunder is either to old or to young for most of the classic teams, and other team books usually have a very short lifespan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I like your basic line up.

I’d trade out Dolphin for Lagoon Boy, as I really like him.

I’d move Star Girl and Cyclone from the JSA. A demotion?
    I don’t think it is; I think their pedigree w. the OG super team would be pretty intimidating.

Hawkfire i’d throw in just for her being obscure, and able to be written as needed.
    Not a fan of it:
    -Dolphin was always a clown character for me, not in the Class of Aquaman,Garth....
    -to many non powered Humans in it which makes the team to weak..

And SURELY not a demotion as I would like to see YJ as Nr. 2 in the DC Universe only weaker to the JL, but only because of the age.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I haven't read Jessica Cruz, so no comment there. Dolphin and Terra belong in a different generation to me, not Tim's - even if they are rebooted versions, it would drive me crazy (I could not handle Raven, Gar, and Kory on Damian's team, it was just all kinds of wrong). Traci 13 and Jaime and (temporarily) Arrowette are all good for me.

I'd like Anita Fite back, as a regular, not reserve. Not really big on reserve members in general. If you're going to have a large team, then just split the forces or don't use everyone every issue. Worked well for bronze age JLA.

I don't know Lightning, and barely know Sparx. Sparx seems okay for the team. I have only read Static in his Milestone incarnation, and with the bang babies and the newness of it all, that version cannot work in a world heroes already exist in. I know he was brought over though, so DC version might work.
    Static was a member of TT along with Cassie,Tim,Conner and Bart.
    I like him, because he fit well into the team and with his intelligence and his superpowers he is kind of unique.
    I would prefer him to Naomi for example.

I choose Dolphin, because she is REALLY interesting and unique.
    I would like to read more of her and she as Atlantean would also give the team a connection to Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'd keep the current team line-up. They've only had two story arcs.
    It makes NO SENSE:

Cassie,Tim,Bart and Conner have YEARS of experience and should be considered as JL members.

-Bart was a JL member and Flash and was faster than Barry,Wally and Jay.
    -Conner was one of the few who could fight against Superboy Prime.
    -Tim will certainly surpass Bruce on many levels.
    -Cassie is a great leader, this amulet could help her surpass Diana.

They shouldnt be in a team with newcomers or people who are much younger than them.

The current line-up is weak and will only get weaker when they add Naomi,Wonder Twins,Dial for H.
    Besides there are many more interesting choices.

I'd add Aqualad o Aquagirl (Lorena), Lighting, Traci 13 and Blue Beetle.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd add Aqualad o Aquagirl (Lorena), Lighting, Traci 13 and Blue Beetle.
    Not a fan of Lorena, Dolphin is better.

Lorena is only another of the MANY MANY MANY MANY characters who have a degree of super-strenght and not much else.
    If you have a small team, then everyone should be at a high level and interesting with powers which no one else has in the team.

If you give Lorena Meras Powers than ok, but otherwise she is more or less only Cassie but you change flying with swimming.

Than rather Tula from the YJ Anime Series...She at least had magic powers which made her interesting.

Been reading Nightwing, and noticed something that ought to affect the teen teams - he says at one point that he's lost almost two decades of memories. Which since the last thing he remembers before waking up with amnesia is his parents dying (which must have happened when he was 13, because that's how old he was when he became Robin), means he's about 30 years old. As such, so are the other original Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans can't be much younger - a major age up for characters like Beast Boy and Raven, who were both last known to be teenagers, and Starfire, explictly said to be 20 when Wolfman guest wrote a Rebirth Teen Titans issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Been reading Nightwing, and noticed something that ought to affect the teen teams - he says at one point that he's lost almost two decades of memories. Which since the last thing he remembers before waking up with amnesia is his parents dying (which must have happened when he was 13, because that's how old he was when he became Robin), means he's about 30 years old. As such, so are the other original Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans can't be much younger - a major age up for characters like Beast Boy and Raven, who were both last known to be teenagers, and Starfire, explictly said to be 20 when Wolfman guest wrote a Rebirth Teen Titans issue.
    Dick's not currently that old when becoming Robin. Wolfram used 8 back in the '80s, and Dick was definitely not yet 13 in this flashback from Rebirth-era. I, personally, think he should be at least 10 when becoming Robin, but it's bounced around. So maybe mid-twenties? If 21 when Damian was 10 in New52 and he actually aged up, the 24 or 25 now, and 13/14 years of missed memories. Might have added back a few years from pre-Flashpoint like you said, though - he was 8-12 years older than Tim for most of that (ages so inconsistent, but I love timelining). I had assumed Raven and Gar grew up when moved from Teen Titans to regular Titans, but then I assumed Tim aged 3 years when Damian did and was 18, so what do I know?

Was the age given for Starfire back in pre-Rebirth days?

I really hope/wish Raven and Gar would be allowed to grow up. And him be Changeling again, not Beast Boy.