Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Idea for DC TV Series

Hello
    which DC TV Series would you like to see?

I would love to see:

1. Flash
    BUT! like this:
    Season 1: Jay Garrick in his Prime against the Rival
    Season 2: Barry Allen against the Reverse Flash and taking Wally West as kid Flash
    Season 3: Wally West against Zoom and Bart Allen arrives
    Season 4: Barry Allen vs Inertia

2. Superboy
    He is already on Titans, BUT I would more like to see like he was during his time in Hawaii with Roxy,Dubbilex...and also using TTK.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello
    which DC TV Series would you like to see?

I would love to see:

1. Flash
    BUT! like this:
    Season 1: Jay Garrick in his Prime against the Rival
    Season 2: Barry Allen against the Reverse Flash and taking Wally West as kid Flash
    Season 3: Wally West against Zoom and Bart Allen arrives
    Season 4: Barry Allen vs Inertia

2. Superboy
    He is already on Titans, BUT I would more like to see like he was during his time in Hawaii with Roxy,Dubbilex...and also using TTK.
    If they had envisioned "The Flash" as being about the Flash family, (and in different eras) I would have been more than okay with that!

I can imagine a Superboy spin-off from "Titans" where Conner goes to Hawa'ii and becomes more of a "teen" (since he's like a child now) with the jacket and sunglasses. Too bad that's highly unlikely.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

A Superman series where he comes out of retirement. Luthor is in prison but his weapons are still out on the street being used by gangs. Metropolis is basically Gotham now. Batman is dead. Killed by the Joker. The JLA was disbanded years ago. He's in his mid-fifties. Lois was killed years ago by Intergang. More super-beings are appearing every day. Most of his peers are long since retired or dead.
    Assassinate Putin!

A Supergirl series where Kara is still a teenager in high school, sort of like the Midvale episode of the current series. But she secretly has a costume so it isn't just a female version of Smallville.
    It is a villain of the week show, instead of being stuck with one season long arc, where she solves a new crime or other mystery each week. It's mostly Kara, but Supergirl shows up when needed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    A Supergirl series where Kara is still a teenager in high school, sort of like the Midvale episode of the current series. But she secretly has a costume so it isn't just a female version of Smallville.
    It is a villain of the week show, instead of being stuck with one season long arc, where she solves a new crime or other mystery each week. It's mostly Kara, but Supergirl shows up when needed.
    Reminds me of a episode of the current CW Supergirl they did a few seasons ago where it was a mostly a flashback of a misadventure Kara and her sister Alex had in their high school, using teenage actors in their roles.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN- follows the misadventures of James Olsen and his roommate Clark Kent as they navigate life and love in the city of tomorrow. As well as getting caught up in the adventures of Superman (who unbeknownst to James, is secretly Clark Kent).

SUPERMAN- An HBO show focusing on the rise of Clark Kent, a man from nowhere Kansas. A refugee from a doomed planet, who fights to save his adopted doomed planet. The birth of Superman, social media icon and champion of the oppressed. A figure that never sticks around for attention but has made quite a name for himself, as the man of action people so desperately desire. The rise of Alexander Luthor. A wealthy young man with big aspirations who stumbles upon an oligarchial plot to kill this Superman. Lois Lane a TV reporter who feels she's sold out, suddenly having the chance to redeem herself with the story of a lifetime.

BATGIRL- Barbara Gordon's misadventures in and around Burnside, Gotham.

I want to see Priest's comic run on Deathstroke adapted to HBO Max.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    BATGIRL- Barbara Gordon's misadventures in and around Burnside, Gotham.
    This should be a cartoon.
    Assassinate Putin!

We’ve already seen a lot of these characters. I want to see stuff not in Bats Supes shadow.

I’d like a monster of the week style show about DC villains.

A Vic Sage noir style show set in Hub City. No Montoya. She pulls Vic towards the Batman/Gotham landscape. Vic belongs in Hub.

A Dr Mid-Nite 6 episode season based roughly on Wagner’s series.

Swamp Thing. Why that was cancelled, I have no idea. Bring it back.

Animal Man. Do the whole G-Mo post-modern thing. Doom Patrol has been well received. EB execs need to stop thinking the audiences can’t handle the weird.

A supernatural series for DC magic. Dr. Fate, Blue Devil, Zatanna, Constantine, all those types.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Incredible Member

An updated SHAZAM! series based on the 1970s SHAZAM! series.

Spectacular Member

It would never sell but a HBO-style miniseries based on Robinson's The Golden Age

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    SUPERMAN- An HBO show focusing on the rise of Clark Kent, a man from nowhere Kansas. A refugee from a doomed planet, who fights to save his adopted doomed planet. The birth of Superman, social media icon and champion of the oppressed. A figure that never sticks around for attention but has made quite a name for himself, as the man of action people so desperately desire. The rise of Alexander Luthor. A wealthy young man with big aspirations who stumbles upon an oligarchial plot to kill this Superman. Lois Lane a TV reporter who feels she's sold out, suddenly having the chance to redeem herself with the story of a lifetime.
    Not to crap on your parade, but haven't we already done this with Smallville. And pretty much every other version of Superman has started with that story, all the way back to the pilot episode of Adventures of Superman back in the 1950s.
    I rather like what the CW is doing. Taking a Superman that has been Superman for 20 years already and giving him a wife and a child.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    It would never sell but a HBO-style miniseries based on Robinson's The Golden Age
    This made me thing of two other Robinson properties: Starman or The Shade. Kneejerk is to go with Starman but with The Shade, you could really do season-long stories that are set in the present but tie back to elements of his past, so we could see characters like the GA Vigilante or Madame Fatale, going all the way back to the Victorian era...folks who might not be a good fit for a recurring character but solid for a one-off episode (which could also attract some higher-end actors who are good doing a single appearance vs. committing to more). "Big Bads" could include Simon Culp, generations of the Ludlow family, or (borrowing from Hawkman) the Gentleman Ghost.

So...yeah. The Shade.

Robinson's Starman.

If the legal issues with Milestone ever get sorted out, I’d love to see an HBO max series of Blood Syndicate. I’d also give Static and Vixen their own cartoons on the service as well. Along with a long overdue Wonder Woman animated series.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"