Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Detective Comics - A series with a rotating cast of all the detective characters in DC lore solving mysteries. Pulp mysteries, paranormal mysteries, noir, camp, on and on.

The Terrifics - I'd want a HBO Max live-action series for the Terrifics. it should be a action adventure with some comedy.

Green Lanterns - skip the four corpsmen, focus on the team of Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz. This should have a limited episode count each season so they can maximize the budget to get the more cosmic aspects right. I think of all the Lantern pairings, Cruz & Baz provide the most story potential in their interactions and play to demographics that are particularly poignant today.

Blue Beetle - this could be what the CW wants to be, good wholesome inclusive superhero fiction for young adults. Give this the proper budget, creative freedom (the CWverse isn't bad but they are clearly beholden to the CW brand), and a showrunner who can capture the Latinx experience for Jaime.

Midnighter & Apollo - this would have to be on HBO Max, this should be more of a black dramedy, like The Boys but less irreverent.

Silencer - this could be the sleeper prestige show. wife and mother by day, John Wickian antihero by night. The powers are limited in scale so you can really focus on the acting and the action in a more practical/tangible way.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-07-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Detective Comics - A series with a rotating cast of all the detective characters in DC lore solving mysteries. Pulp mysteries, paranormal mysteries, noir, camp, on and on.
    I like it! Also, give each storyline as many episodes as it needs - some might be a one-off, some might be 4 eps, etc. Might also keep you guessing when the mystery will be solved as opposed to "well, there's only ten minutes left so it had to be so-and-so, etc."

An animated miniseries adaptation of Leigh Bardugo's Wonder Woman: Warbringer YA novel.

An Anita Fite live action series.

Cassandra Cain animated series based on her ongoing series.

Vixen animated series with a longer run time and 8 to ten episode seasons.

A Roy Harper/Arsenal t.v. series in the style of "The Equalizer". Also features Jade Nguyen and Artemis Crock based on their Young Justice animated incarnations.

A Checkmate t.v. show on HBO Max or DC Universe.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-07-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like it! Also, give each storyline as many episodes as it needs - some might be a one-off, some might be 4 eps, etc. Might also keep you guessing when the mystery will be solved as opposed to "well, there's only ten minutes left so it had to be so-and-so, etc."
    I like it. Maybe do like three or four solo mysteries every season introducing a different detective with each mystery (DC feels kind of loaded with them) and then make the final mystery a team up with all the detectives. Some will come back in the following seasons, but really want to do the rotating cast thing and explore mystery solvers that wouldn't get on screen otherwise.

"Blue & Gold" - A slapstick comedy featuring Booster and Beetle against the backdrop of the JLI series.

"Dial H for Hero" - Teen drama focusing on Robby Reed's time with the dial, along the lines of Riverdale or Nancy Drew.

"Sugar 'n Spike" - Purely animated, of course.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Not to crap on your parade, but haven't we already done this with Smallville. And pretty much every other version of Superman has started with that story, all the way back to the pilot episode of Adventures of Superman back in the 1950s.
    I rather like what the CW is doing. Taking a Superman that has been Superman for 20 years already and giving him a wife and a child.
    What I'm envisioning would be nothing like Smallville.

I'd go in to the show with Superman already established and operating in a modern context, but he'd be meeting Lois Lane for the first time. I'd drop the Clark Kent Daily Planet thing, and have Clark be a bit of an enigma.

It'd be much more in the vein of MAD MEN, THE WIRE, and stuff akin. Drawing a whole ton of inspiration from the first season of the 55 AoS series.

I would love an adaptation of The Wild Storm in HBO.

Dr. 13, a skeptic dealing in a world where ghosts and aliens roam around.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Dr. 13, a skeptic dealing in a world where ghosts and aliens roam around.
    Speaking of, wasn't there supposed to be a Traci 13 show produced by Elizabeth Banks?