Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    See you say that but considering this is Bendis I'm sure the sales of her series was never really a factor
    well she was also in Superman and his sales are fine so you might have a point. I don't mind really. New characters are sometimes pushed hard when 1st introduced to get the as much exposure as possible and increase odds of them catching on.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It's not as if he has a life outside of being a superhero anymore.
    No, but he should. I prefer superheroes who are characters - with relationships, a home, lives that have some grounding in the non-superhero world - than superheroes who are treated like chess pieces, moved around on a board.

None of the Young Justice team right now seems to have a life outside of being a superhero, given that they're just running through dimensions. We -and they - still don't even know where they came from, or how they know each other, given that their past adventures together don't seem to be in the mainstream continuity. Is Wonder Girl still Wonder Woman's niece, or is in any way connected to Wonder Woman? Does Superboy even know Superman? Who knows?

Personally I don't think that's the best way to create and maintain a narrative setting. (A "shared universe," we say.) Bu that's just me.

And I think "Drake" is just about the most boring, unimaginative, off-brand superhero name they could come up with for Tim. Surely they could have come up with something better.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

At this point, hasn't everything not involving Kara Zor-El and the Marvel Family (who were both fully rebooted for New 52 and haven't been merged with their prior incarnations) been restored? We've seen various flashbacks to old Teen Titans rosters with Cyborg included, and we know that New 52 Kon and Bart have been erased - the old continuity overwrote the first New 52 Teen Titans series. In Supergirl's case, her Teen Titans time needs to be excised but her Young Justice appearances are fine since that was Matrix and not Kara. The team just didn't remember their history - like Wally did in Titans Rebirth, Bart restored everyone's memories.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At this point, hasn't everything not involving Kara Zor-El and the Marvel Family (who were both fully rebooted for New 52 and haven't been merged with their prior incarnations) been restored?
    No. The Justice League are unfamiliar with the JSA, Barry Allen and Iris never got married, Wally West and Linda Park don't have a history together, the new Legion of Super-Heroes reboot has overwritten the old versions, Superman and Lois were raising a son in a period when they were originally childless, Flash Year One overwrote a few Silver Age stories, Bunker was still a Teen Titan alongside Red Robin, Donna Troy's backstory is (as far as I'm aware) still a contradictory hybrid of New 52 and Silver Age Teen Titans.

Donna's last known origin has become false, yeah (when Wonder Woman's own backstory was changed), but no new one has been given yet. It's a mess, as usual for her. They need to just revert to the original pre-Crisis one.

The Legion reboot is easily explained - being so far in the future, stuff that happens in the present alters the timeline. Stuff like Manhattan stealing time from the heroes! Even if the damage is fixed, changes in the interim would change the future. In fact, Doomsday Clock explained this. In Rebirth, we saw that Saturn Girl was in the present, in Arkham, believed to be insane. She was unceremoniously disposed of because the future she came from no longer existed.

JL not knowing the JSA is simply a case of missing memories. They need Wally or Bart to trigger them, but nobody realises that.

Superman Reborn explains the Jon Kent situation - Mxy messed with the timeline to avert his erasure when the pre and post Flashpoint timelines were merged.

The big problems now are Shazam and Supergirl, which unlike most of the DCU are still purely their post-Flashpoint versions.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-08-2019 at 06:03 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Donna's last known origin has become false, yeah (when Wonder Woman's own backstory was changed), but no new one has been given yet. It's a mess, as usual for her. They need to just revert to the original pre-Crisis one.
    They have still referenced Donna's New 52 origin, or her being made to be a weapon for the Amazons, in Titans after Rucka's Wonder Woman run was over. That is the canon they are going with still from what I've seen even if it doesn't match what Rucka did. It is like that for many characters.

Astonishing Member

The Legion reboot is easily explained - being so far in the future, stuff that happens in the present alters the timeline. Stuff like Manhattan stealing time from the heroes! Even if the damage is fixed, changes in the interim would change the future. In fact, Doomsday Clock explained this. In Rebirth, we saw that Saturn Girl was in the present, in Arkham, believed to be insane. She was unceremoniously disposed of because the future she came from no longer existed.
    Right, but all the stories where Clark interacted with the Legion, or where the Legion came to the present day, have been removed from continuity.

JL not knowing the JSA is simply a case of missing memories. They need Wally or Bart to trigger them, but nobody realises that.
    It goes beyond missing memories. In Doomsday Clock, there's the story with Alan Scott being dead, in Justice League and Flash they've been dealing with multiple timelines, time being broken and such.

Superman Reborn explains the Jon Kent situation - Mxy messed with the timeline to avert his erasure when the pre and post Flashpoint timelines were merged.
    Sure, it's been explained, but Superman Reborn still necessarily overwrites and alters a lot of pre-Flashpoint continuity, so I think it's inaccurate to say that everything has been restored. It never will be. The most we can expect, after the Perpetua storyline is over, is a "greatest hits" version of DC continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They have still referenced Donna's New 52 origin, or her being made to be a weapon for the Amazons, in Titans after Rucka's Wonder Woman run was over. That is the canon they are going with still from what I've seen even if it doesn't match what Rucka did. It is like that for many characters.
    Have they even explained how Donna was "born" during the New 52 era, but was also member of the Teen Titans years before that, according to Titans Hunt/Titans Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Have they even explained how Donna was "born" during the New 52 era, but was also member of the Teen Titans years before that, according to Titans Hunt/Titans Rebirth?
    I don't believe so. Just that she was created to be a weapon is what they keep referencing. It really doesn't make sense at all.

That origin is clearly just as much false memories as Diana's New 52 history was.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    No, but he should. I prefer superheroes who are characters - with relationships, a home, lives that have some grounding in the non-superhero world - than superheroes who are treated like chess pieces, moved around on a board.

None of the Young Justice team right now seems to have a life outside of being a superhero, given that they're just running through dimensions. We -and they - still don't even know where they came from, or how they know each other, given that their past adventures together don't seem to be in the mainstream continuity. Is Wonder Girl still Wonder Woman's niece, or is in any way connected to Wonder Woman? Does Superboy even know Superman? Who knows?

Personally I don't think that's the best way to create and maintain a narrative setting. (A "shared universe," we say.) Bu that's just me.

And I think "Drake" is just about the most boring, unimaginative, off-brand superhero name they could come up with for Tim. Surely they could have come up with something better.
    Not really true:
    -Wonder Girl said that she will work and go to school in Metropolis
    -Jinnys Origin was explained this issue
    -Conner was in school before

I really hope that they bring the TT time back in continuity with IC, because its a HUGE part of their life, especially Conners and Cassies.
    But their interactions are really weird, considering that he died in her arms, they had a long relationship and he became a legend after IC.

But I have to say that I am not really a fan of how Conner and Cassie get displayed in the series so far.

I mean like I said they had a relationship, he died in her arms and the sentence with the favorite was strange in this case.
    Conner hasnt had so much spotlight until now, best scene was probably on Earth 3 and coolest with the soldier on Gemworld, but considering that he fought Superboy Prime,Doomsday Clone,Brainiac...it wasnt really great.

This interpretation of Conner is for me so far only better than the Lemire one, but the best for me are still Johns and Kessels.
    Johns had the best fighting scenes and the most powerful Conner and Kessels was awesome on Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    No, of course not. This is Donna Troy w're talking about.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

/edited out
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 11-09-2019 at 12:07 AM.
    Doctor Bifrost