Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Young Justice 10 Preview (Jinny)

Hello,
    just saw the preview of YJ 10.

I liked it, because it finally gave Jinny a backstory and you see more of her.

But I didnt really understand the preview.
    This other woman who looks similar to her is this her aunt/mother?
    And I also didnt understand the scene as she goes into the house, is the girl her girlfriend?

She calls that other woman "Momma", so yeah, it's her mother.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I enjoyed it, but those son's of bitches did it, they really did it, Tim's going by Drake......
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Damian's going to be amused - he already calls Tim that anyway, because he always calls the other Robins their surnames.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Damian's going to be amused - he already calls Tim that anyway, because he always calls the other Robins their surnames.
    So it's barely a codename .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it's barely a codename .
    It's not as if he has a life outside of being a superhero anymore.

Always Rakzo

This was fine. There were a few details concerning Jinny's background, relationship and sexuality that makes her more interesting and the escape from Earth 3 was appropriate.

Still, the constant push that Bendis have been giving to Naomi is getting really obnoxious. She doesn't even properly appear in this issue and yet she's the most prominent character on the cover, she also derailed a few issues of Action Comics because of her forced inclusion. I just wish that Bendis would only limit her to her own miniseries where she was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It's not as if he has a life outside of being a superhero anymore.
    Which is pretty sad when you think about it .

BANNED

Why is Naomi getting the Spider-Man treatment(you know being highly advertised despite being on one page) when most of the characters in the book are more well known and popular than she is?
    Marvel does it with Spider-Man because he's the most popular character they have, Naomi ain't anywhere near that level, especially when again she's like the least popular character in the book.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm looking forward to learning more about Jinny. I want to see what they're going to do with this character.

The most interesting part of this issue (which is a pattern with this run) is the background stories for the characters instead of what current arc. This made Jimmy really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Why is Naomi getting the Spider-Man treatment(you know being highly advertised despite being on one page) when most of the characters in the book are more well known and popular than she is?
    Marvel does it with Spider-Man because he's the most popular character they have, Naomi ain't anywhere near that level, especially when again she's like the least popular character in the book.
    To help weak sales and to introduce her to more DCU regulars. Naomi's title has been far more financially successful.

I wish we got more on why the new id for Tim from the characters pov. It just feels rushed. Where did he even get that costume?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Kind of a cool surprise (at least for me) to get a Nick Derington-drawn expansion of the scene from Batman Universe here! And the Steph Batwoman stuff was really nicely done.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    To help weak sales and to introduce her to more DCU regulars. Naomi's title has been far more financially successful.

I wish we got more on why the new id for Tim from the characters pov. It just feels rushed. Where did he even get that costume?
    From Alt Steph. They have matching belts, if you pay attention. In fact, Steph cried as they left - seems like she's just as much in love with him as her main universe counterpart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

See you say that but considering this is Bendis I'm sure the sales of her series was never really a factor