Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The scene in Rudolph where the Snow Monster looks at them over the tops of the mountains, and then chases them until they escape on an ice floe... pretty damn scary. And whatever they did to create the monster's roar was pretty nasty too. No way that scene would get put into a kids' special today, unfortunately.

not to date myself. but i remember the genie episode of Fraggle Rock making me really uncomfortable. actually, there was a lot about that show that made me uncomfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uk8Ycdeqp0

Oh, now I remember.

I refused to watch the show after that.

Two pages in and no mention of “Watership Down”. It scares me just to type that! Definitely traumatized me as a child. I mean traumatized!! I haven’t even looked at a clip of it since I was 8 or 9.

Mister Sinister on X-Men: TAS. I must have been seven when I first saw him and he absolutely terrified me. I used to think he'd be under my bed and that he would come up to bite me with his pointy teeth (even though he does no such thing in either the cartoon or the comic).
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member

Puppets/Marionettes. Shows over here in Europe with these damn Motherfu....ers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely the Arachnoid:
    Thanks for refreshing my memory. First saw that when I was 12 years old. Wonder what would happen if he went up against Man-Spider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for refreshing my memory. First saw that when I was 12 years old. Wonder what would happen if he went up against Man-Spider.
    The scene where he(the Arachnoid) transformed really freaked me out when I was nine. Also the Swarm episode of Spider-Man & Amazing Friends to boot also freaked me out. Not to mention anything Hulk related until I was fourteen.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 11-06-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    The scene where he(the Arachnoid) transformed really freaked me out when I was nine. Also the Swarm episode of Spider-Man & Amazing Friends to boot also freaked me out. Not to mention anything Hulk related until I was fourteen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8dENan9W8
    In total agreement with you about the Arachnoid's transformation scene. But don't forget the freaky, voice-change after he transformed.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-07-2019 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Made corrections.

I can remember watching Yellow Submarine and those Blue meanies frightened me.Especially the Leader whose was violent and screamed a lot.Very tall men used apples to bonk people over their heads to drain the color from them.They would chase people down.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Ultimate Member

Watership Down

The Dark Crystal

The Sleestaks, the slow moving and hissing sound scared the bejeebers out of me.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-07-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol I loooved that big stupid monster and an
    Kid lol
    "looky what he can do!"

Ha the episode about Muriel's nephew coming to visit and is obsessed with shaving.... ends up shaving poor Courage lol

No lie I this scene in sleeping beauty scared the sh!t outta me

That was a scary scene but when maleficent calls on the powers of hell and turns into a dragon is much scarier. it even hits you more as that was the climax of the movie. its odd though that Disney cartoons are not scary anymore. Many people have anger towards Disney for dumbing down marvel and star wars but the worst reality is, Disney dumbed down their own animations. the life action where Angelina Jolie's maleficent is a good person is even a worse dumbing down than an animated movie like Frozen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

The Sleestaks, the slow moving and hissing sound scared the bejeebers out of me.
    Me too. The dinosaurs weren't scary at all, but when those Sleestaks slithered out and hissed, I was hiding behind a pillow.