Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Infinite Frontier #5 spoilers and discussion

Infinite Frontier IS....ending next week. Yeah this is the penultimate issue and unless something happens the final issue is out next tuesday. As the penultimate issue this is it, all the players we have been following are here. The heroes on Planet-omega, the villains to fight them, Flash on a treadmill, and Darkseid a force in the background running all of this, and mysteries and secrets revealed. Basically its time for a big fight, and if you are a fan of the JSA you will no doubt appreciate this as I did. There plenty of action in it with our heroes and even a good number of callbacks to past run ins with certain characters such as Powergirl and Psycho Pirate. While I wish it was still Xermacio drawing I will say that the art works fine for this issue as clear fight scenes.

Now while I would normally separate this by character and story like I have the past few issues that is basically impossible here considering that the stories and characters have now converged on Planet Omega. So I'm just doing one big spoiler box for everything, hope it works out.

spoilers:
    Alright so first off no one is dead from the crash last issue, everyone made it out okay. So if you were worried you can relax. But Cameron Chase is taking a very Roy Thomas era Bone's to task for what he was doing. Because he made a deal with Darkseid, Psycho Pirate, and the Injustice Incarnate to close off the multiverse and doing it by sacrificing those with multiverse energy to Darkseid, which as Bone's explains to Alan and Obsidian was not supposed to be the whole JSA. He just felt like he could take his time since the JSA had been forgotten and erased and making them the perfect target. To bad X-tract went a little overboard.

Oh and it turns out that X-tract is an old employee of Bones, Cameron Chase....okay that is confusing how I said that, its actually a version of Chase from the original Earth-2 who came back into existence and was apparently an old friend of Bones. Which now asks a lot of questions of Director Bones and Agent Chase's relationship.

Luckily before things get serious Jade knocks out Bones, and catch the sight of Flash running while under the Pirates control. Of course Powergirl has a couple of things to say to him because she very much remembers their interaction from Infinite Crisis. Of course this fight is not just Psycho, the InJustice Incarnate shows up with a chained up Justice Incarnate tied up behind them. Time for a JSA slug out that lasts a few pages. Even President Superman tries to help out but he gets taken out by Machinehead who got his hands on the Earth-23 version of Kryptonite.

When its down to Jade and Roy we learn where all the chains are coming from...Earth Omega. It's creating chains to tie up everyone and the multiverse. Darkseid is literally chaining up the multiverse to grind it to a halt, and who knows what happens after that. But the final piece is Roy, because clearly he's not using the standard black lantern ring. Its an older energy disguised as a black lantern ring that feeds on Roy's past suffering. Psycho tries to get him to play ball but lets slip that Lian is not on the planet so Roy goes full zombie saving the JSA and Justice Incarnate from the chains to save the multiverse.

Unfortunately it may be too late because Darkseid IS....HERE!.
    end of spoilers

Now to wait and see how this all ends next week on this wild multiverse ride.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Reading this issue, I realize my interest in the series is supported by how much I want to see the JSA, Roy Harper and Justice Incarnate done right.
    But the actual story is... a bit of a mess? I just wish DC would move on from the constant Crisis and actually wrote meaninful stories about these characters. This series is mostly a teaser with barely any meat in the bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Reading this issue, I realize my interest in the series is supported by how much I want to see the JSA, Roy Harper and Justice Incarnate done right.
    But the actual story is... a bit of a mess? I just wish DC would move on from the constant Crisis and actually wrote meaninful stories about these characters. This series is mostly a teaser with barely any meat in the bones.
    I mean if it helps they’ve already announced an immediate sequel series in Justice League Incarnate starting in November.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, but its not an endgame either so I'd guess that Incarnate mini will also just be a teaser/build-up for 2022 event.

I'm halfway there, but I got an extremelly silly grin on my face, because of those Infinite Crisis callbacks (you all know which ones I mean)
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 08-31-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Omega Lantern. Seems to me Black Lantern and Ultraviolet Lantern into 1.

Oa and Qward, New Genesis and Apokolips, Earth and Anti Matter Earth by Morrison, Earth 51 and Earth 6, The Elseworld and Earth Omega.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I'm halfway there, but I got an extremelly silly grin on my face, because of those Infinite Crisis callbacks (you all know which ones I mean)
    I`m lame and have never read Infinite Crisis. What are the callbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I`m lame and have never read Infinite Crisis. What are the callbacks?
    Dont worry, Infinite Crisis is from 2006, so I dont blame you :P

Both callbacks, were made during Power Girl (PG) scenes with Psycho Pirate

1- During Infinite Crisis, Psycho Pirate was used by the main villain to keep a select few villains and heroes necessary for his plan under his control, including PG
    But when his control over them got shattered, he was ruthlessly killed by Black Adam (who was pretty amoral/villanous at the time) by crushing his eyes, and then his whole face (all witnessed by PG)

2- Also, just right before Infinite Crisis started, PG had some kind of existencial crisis because her origin and whole life she knew as an Atlantean heir was all a lie and didnt know what to believe anymore.
    That moment of weakness she had, was inmediately exploited by Psycho Pirate, by emotionally torturing her by showing many versions of her "real" origin.
    Psycho Pirate eventually told her the truth (she being a survivor of the original multiverse, that somehow avoided THE reset that affected all beings in existance, except them both), but PG rightfully didnt believe that last bit either.
    She eventually escaped from his manipulations, defeated him (kinda), and was left questioning her whole existance yet again (with this coming into play during the opening issues of Infinite Crisis).

That's what she meant with unresolved business, so we can all agree she is still bitter by the whole incident (which is funny, considering 15 irl-years have passed since then, with lots of multiversal resets on top) :P
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 08-31-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Really enjoyed this mini, definitely did feel like something for continuity junkies (ironic consider the state of the DCU )
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I' don't think I will follow this with the Justice League Incarnate mini.
    I was onboard for Roy, JSA and Barry.
    I'm SOOOOO over DC's fascination with Crises and multiversal calamities.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

My enthusiasm for this series has dampened significantly by the rushed art and the growing realization that this series doesn't seem to have anything to say aside from "DC continuity sure has been convoluted over the past few decades, eh?"

I'd rather have the story focusing on Justice Incarnate than what happens with the JSA whom I honestly couldn't care less about...

It'd have bene better to give the JSA junkies their fix with a book for them and focus on Justice Incarnate here instead of wasting panels on those characters and their stories which have no place in a multiversal crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I' don't think I will follow this with the Justice League Incarnate mini.
    I was onboard for Roy, JSA and Barry.
    I'm SOOOOO over DC's fascination with Crises and multiversal calamities.
    Will Roy be appearing in Catwoman any time soon? We know he's looking for Lian, and he just learned she's safe on Earth-0. And Lian is currently calling herself Shoes (does she even remember her real identity?) and operating as one of Selina's gang as Cheshire Cat.

I have no idea where Barry or the JSA will appear next, unless they'll have books solicited for December next week. Avery's on the Justice League Incarnate team instead of Barry, implying that he's elsewhere.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Will Roy be appearing in Catwoman any time soon? We know he's looking for Lian, and he just learned she's safe on Earth-0. And Lian is currently calling herself Shoes (does she even remember her real identity?) and operating as one of Selina's gang as Cheshire Cat.

I have no idea where Barry or the JSA will appear next, unless they'll have books solicited for December next week. Avery's on the Justice League Incarnate team instead of Barry, implying that he's elsewhere.
    Roy is actually going to be in Titans Academy, from the looks of the covers in the solicitations he’s going back to his Justice League Red Arrow appearance. I know Williamson has said there are plans for Lian and Roy but it may not happen immediately. No word on JSA or Barry yet, but from the sounds of things there may be some series in the work for next year.

On another subject, that Joker Yellow Lantern is just a redone version of the Joker/Sinestro from the Elseworld series where Batman is green lantern right?
    Words to live by.

No, that story has Chill/Sinestro.