Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I enjoyed Jeff Lemire...though maybe quite a few of the central ideas were “borrowed” from Miller Daredevil and Fraction Iron Fist runs...wouldn’t mind seeing him return.
    Now that you mention it, Lemire's run conceptually has a lot of similarities to the Fraction/Brubaker Iron Fist stuff, especially with the different weapon clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, Lemire's run conceptually has a lot of similarities to the Fraction/Brubaker Iron Fist stuff, especially with the different weapon clans.
    Makes a lot of sense actually, it explains why I immediately fell in love with it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Greg Rucka.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Bendis' Ollie is... meh. Not as bad as Percy's or Taylor's (both fall into pretty different, yet stereotypical takes on the character) but still his voice is not as good as I would hope for, particularly because he doesn't address his personal flaws at all (I don't think anyone who knows Ollie as a character would call him "a good man").

Sure, Bendis hasn't written Ollie for too long to completely judge him but at the same time, he's not really good at creating complex characterization as a whole.
    Do Oliver's flaws have to be brought up every time?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't think so, she wrote them very well on the JLU episode. I think she may just prefer Dinah and Babs, but I don't think she dislikes Dinah with Ollie. She was against them marrying, that much I know.
    Idk. I don’t think I’d want her on Green Arrow. I can see her writing him as a total idiot to prop up Dinah.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

Tom Taylor. Without a doubt.

Matt Fraction, Jason Starr or Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Idk. I don’t think I’d want her on Green Arrow. I can see her writing him as a total idiot to prop up Dinah.
    I think if Simone were to have the job of writing them together she would take the time to do right by Ollie.

It would be different if it were just a Dinah book, I think.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Rucka could do amazing things with Ollie.

Invincible Member

It's typecasting, but I'd read Green Arrow by Greg Rucka also.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's typecasting, but I'd read Green Arrow by Greg Rucka also.
    Typecasting? How so?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Green Arrow might be street level but I can't imagine Rucka being interested. What's the angle? Crime? Badass heroine?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Green Arrow might be street level but I can't imagine Rucka being interested. What's the angle? Crime? Badass heroine?
    He might be interested if he's allowed to use Dinah.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He might be interested if he's allowed to use Dinah.
    A strong female character does seem to be Rucka's in to most properties. He has noted that he'll always return to write Diana, Kate or Rene. He may have a story for Dinah that Ollie can bum in on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if Simone were to have the job of writing them together she would take the time to do right by Ollie.

It would be different if it were just a Dinah book, I think.
    Gotta disagree there. She’s really serious about her pet characters.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    A strong female character does seem to be Rucka's in to most properties. He has noted that he'll always return to write Diana, Kate or Rene. He may have a story for Dinah that Ollie can bum in on.
    I guess it depends on whether there's interest. Rucka got to write Lois Lane although I've never seen him particularly favor Black Canary.