Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 758
  1. #571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Always fun to mess w. the Detroit era JLA line up, which was a great mix of old and new characters, and featured no members of The Trinity. It was doomed from the start!
    after a childhood spent collecting back-issues from flea markets, Detroit era was the active line-up when I first started buying the JLA book on the stands, so I've always had a fondness for it. they were a pretty powerful team but seemed to get nerfed constantly just to make them look like amateurs and appeal to Teen Titans fans of the era. oh well. so that being said, I really dig this idea of yours.

  2. #572
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,656

    Default

    Characters Marvel seems to have no interest in using (though I think I read Sofia Strange is supposed to show up somewhere soon). They can be the new New Warriors, or Teen Titans or something.


    BLINDSPOT
    A highly skilled Street leveler and blink and you’ll miss it sidekick to Daredevil turned reluctant team leader.

    TARENE
    She was a female version of Thor before being a female version of Thor became all the rage.

    ALPHA
    Spider-man’s failed sidekick, w. the power to tap into the cosmic forces of the Universe.

    SOPHIA STRANGE
    Dr. Strange’s highly skilled but forgotten daughter, looking to prevent a magical Armageddon.

    GRAVITY
    A small town kid w. Earth shaking power. He uses humor to hide his insecurities.

    ULTRA GIRL
    A human/Kree hybrid pretty much neglected by both her ppl. She finds fighting to be very therapeutic.

    POWERMAN III
    The third, youngest, least known, and most powerful, person to take the name Powerman.

  3. #573
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Characters Marvel seems to have no interest in using (though I think I read Sofia Strange is supposed to show up somewhere soon). They can be the new New Warriors, or Teen Titans or something.


    BLINDSPOT
    A highly skilled Street leveler and blink and you’ll miss it sidekick to Daredevil turned reluctant team leader.

    TARENE
    She was a female version of Thor before being a female version of Thor became all the rage.

    ALPHA
    Spider-man’s failed sidekick, w. the power to tap into the cosmic forces of the Universe.

    SOPHIA STRANGE
    Dr. Strange’s highly skilled but forgotten daughter, looking to prevent a magical Armageddon.

    GRAVITY
    A small town kid w. Earth shaking power. He uses humor to hide his insecurities.

    ULTRA GIRL
    A human/Kree hybrid pretty much neglected by both her ppl. She finds fighting to be very therapeutic.

    POWERMAN III
    The third, youngest, least known, and most powerful, person to take the name Powerman.
    Cool lineup. Especially liking Blindspot, Ultra Girl, and the third Power Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #574
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Characters Marvel seems to have no interest in using (though I think I read Sofia Strange is supposed to show up somewhere soon). They can be the new New Warriors, or Teen Titans or something.


    BLINDSPOT
    A highly skilled Street leveler and blink and you’ll miss it sidekick to Daredevil turned reluctant team leader.

    TARENE
    She was a female version of Thor before being a female version of Thor became all the rage.

    ALPHA
    Spider-man’s failed sidekick, w. the power to tap into the cosmic forces of the Universe.

    SOPHIA STRANGE
    Dr. Strange’s highly skilled but forgotten daughter, looking to prevent a magical Armageddon.

    GRAVITY
    A small town kid w. Earth shaking power. He uses humor to hide his insecurities.

    ULTRA GIRL
    A human/Kree hybrid pretty much neglected by both her ppl. She finds fighting to be very therapeutic.

    POWERMAN III
    The third, youngest, least known, and most powerful, person to take the name Powerman.
    This, I like.

  5. #575
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cool lineup. Especially liking Blindspot, Ultra Girl, and the third Power Man.
    ^^^ty, I like those characters, too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    This, I like.
    ^^^sweet, glad you enjoyed this one!

  6. #576
    Astonishing Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    The All-Winners Squad:

    #1: Captain America
    #2: The Scarlet Witch
    #3: The Torch
    #4: The Sub Mariner
    #5: The Red Guardian
    #6: Mockingbird
    #7: Rifleman
    #8: Mister Anger
    #9: Spider-Man

  7. #577
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^ty, I like those characters, too!


    ^^^sweet, glad you enjoyed this one!
    You're very welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #578
    Astonishing Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The All-Winners Squad:

    #1: Captain America
    #2: The Scarlet Witch
    #3: The Torch
    #4: The Sub Mariner
    #5: The Red Guardian
    #6: Mockingbird
    #7: Rifleman
    #8: Mister Anger
    #9: Spider-Man
    This is the team that I'd introduced a questions section of the book.

  9. #579
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,656

    Default







    STARBRAND
    The Cosmic level team leader.

    DOMINIC FORTUNE
    The OG super spy.

    MADAME WEB
    The clairvoyant crime fighter.

    CENTENNIAL
    The physical powerhouse

    AGATHA HARKNESS
    The not so wicked Witch.

    GATEWAY
    The tranquil teleporter.

    STICK
    The martial arts Master.

    THE GARGOYLE
    Wise beyond his years.

    BLACK FOX
    The gentleman thief.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-20-2022 at 08:45 PM.

  10. #580
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,656

    Default

    Found this pic of the Seventies Titans West line up…

    …and started screwing around to see if I could Marvel-ize it.
    The below lineup isn’t what I had in mind; the build kind of went it’s own way though. I think it wound up looking okay.





    THUNDERBIRD & WARPATH
    These were the characters I started w. as I tried finding a match for Hawk & Dove. The Proudstar brothers share a (vaguely) bird-ish theme and similar costumes. I mean yeah, they’re both like Hank Hall in terms of temperament but it’s not a bad match!

    AMERICAN EAGLE
    Next up was a match for Golden Eagle, who was bird themed like Hawk & Dove but could actually fly. Jason Strongbow, AKA American Eagle after becoming an Agent of Wakanda scored a cool costume upgrade complete w. a jetpack and helmet that fine tuned his already enhanced senses. And guns! Big powerful guns.

    WYATT WINGFOOT
    It took me a minute to realize the big guy wearing civilian clothes in the Titans West pic was Gnarrk the Caveman. I didn’t want a caveman but I did go for a big guy in civvies. At 6’5” 260lbs Wyatt Wingfoot’s a big guy. He’s a solid h2h fighter, a star College athlete w. multiple degrees. He’s a gearhead and expert motorcyclist. I’m making him team leader. He’s got the laidback confidence to take charge of the confrontational Strongbow and volatile Proudstars.

    FIREBIRD
    Bette Kane went by Batgirl back in the day, but eventually became Flamebird. Flamebird. Firebird. I went w. that and picked Bonita Juarez here. She’s a real pyrokinetic powerhouse and not a street leveler, but she fits the team dynamic I somehow wound up with.

    HUMMINGBIRD
    Lilith is one of DC’s few high speed telepaths, and I matched her up w. María Aracely Penalba who goes by Hummingbird. She’s a telepath, an empath, and can use her powers in tandem to learn then manifest a person’s fears, causing them to experience severe panic.

    REPTIL
    Humberto Lopez, the shape shifter w. a dinosaur theme, is my go to guy for when Changeling needs to be matched up. He was def. going to be on the team!

  11. #581
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Found this pic of the Seventies Titans West line up…

    …and started screwing around to see if I could Marvel-ize it.
    The below lineup isn’t what I had in mind; the build kind of went it’s own way though. I think it wound up looking okay.





    THUNDERBIRD & WARPATH
    These were the characters I started w. as I tried finding a match for Hawk & Dove. The Proudstar brothers share a (vaguely) bird-ish theme and similar costumes. I mean yeah, they’re both like Hank Hall in terms of temperament but it’s not a bad match!

    AMERICAN EAGLE
    Next up was a match for Golden Eagle, who was bird themed like Hawk & Dove but could actually fly. Jason Strongbow, AKA American Eagle after becoming an Agent of Wakanda scored a cool costume upgrade complete w. a jetpack and helmet that fine tuned his already enhanced senses. And guns! Big powerful guns.

    WYATT WINGFOOT
    It took me a minute to realize the big guy wearing civilian clothes in the Titans West pic was Gnarrk the Caveman. I didn’t want a caveman but I did go for a big guy in civvies. At 6’5” 260lbs Wyatt Wingfoot’s a big guy. He’s a solid h2h fighter, a star College athlete w. multiple degrees. He’s a gearhead and expert motorcyclist. I’m making him team leader. He’s got the laidback confidence to take charge of the confrontational Strongbow and volatile Proudstars.

    FIREBIRD
    Bette Kane went by Batgirl back in the day, but eventually became Flamebird. Flamebird. Firebird. I went w. that and picked Bonita Juarez here. She’s a real pyrokinetic powerhouse and not a street leveler, but she fits the team dynamic I somehow wound up with.

    HUMMINGBIRD
    Lilith is one of DC’s few high speed telepaths, and I matched her up w. María Aracely Penalba who goes by Hummingbird. She’s a telepath, an empath, and can use her powers in tandem to learn then manifest a person’s fears, causing them to experience severe panic.

    REPTIL
    Humberto Lopez, the shape shifter w. a dinosaur theme, is my go to guy for when Changeling needs to be matched up. He was def. going to be on the team!
    More than ok, I'd say.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #582
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    More than ok, I'd say.
    ^^^hey, thanks a lot!

  13. #583
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^hey, thanks a lot!
    You're welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #584
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    17

    Default

    THE AVENGERS

    Steve Rogers is wrapped up in running the new, UN-sponsored Invaders team. Thor and T'Challa both have kingdoms to run. Carol's the worst. Tony's in a temporary, self-enforced retirement after his latest, Korvac-fueled delusions of grandeur. With the Avengers set to break up once again, Tony passes down the mantle of leadership to one of his oldest friends.

    "Hey, Jan. You mind doing me a favor?"

    The Wasp, in building her new team, picks a few old confidants. Jennifer Walters, the Sensational She-Hulk, and Clint Barton, longtime Avenger Hawkeye, are her first recruits. Sam Wilson is brought onto the team, as it never hurts to have a Captain America around. Her final addition is Melissa Gold, the former Master of Evil-turned-superheroine Songbird, as the Avengers have always stood for giving people a second chance. Just ask Clint!

    The new team is on standby, waiting for the next crisis, when an old hero comes in, tattered and injured: Robert Grayson, the Uranian (once known as Marvel Boy) walks in looking like he just stared death in the face. The thing is, he did. Someone's going around and killing off veteran superheroes. It started with the old Agents of Atlas. 3D-Man, Jimmy Woo, and Venus have all been found dead. Uranian barely escaped with his life.

    As the team goes to figure out who's setting their sights on Marvel's forefathers, Janet and Bob pay a visit to an old friend whose masterful understanding of physics and chemistry may help put them on the right path- Dane Whitman, the Black Knight (and besides, it's not like he's doing anything rn).

    That's our initial lineup and our first story arc.

    Wasp / Janet Van Dyne
    Captain America / Sam Wilson
    She-Hulk / Jennifer Walters
    Black Knight / Dane Whitman
    Uranian / Bob Grayson
    Songbird / Melissa Gold
    Hawkeye / Clint Barton

    Mach-X is brought on as the team's armorer at some point. The second big arc would be the return of Hank Pym, with the influence of Ultron (but not the technomancy powers) purged from him. Jan, ever the forgiving type, allows him to join the team as a sort of rehabilitation. This stokes a bit of a love triangle and/or jealousy between Dane and Hank, as the former sees the Scientist Supreme's admission onto the team as detracting from his status in the group.
    Last edited by CaptainCroatia; 02-07-2022 at 01:09 PM.

  15. #585
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    17

    Default

    The Champions!

    When the Masters of Evil realize that most of Earth's heroes are concentrated in New York, the band of rogues makes a play to hold the city of Chicago hostage! However, the city's superpowered residents aren't going to take this lying down, and so they form the ad hoc team known as THE CHAMPIONS!

    Prodigy / David Alleyne
    -Having moved back to Chicago, David is there when shit hits the fan. He sends out a message to any and all heroes in Chicagoland, and as such, serves as the leader for our band of misfits.

    Nighthawk / Tilda Johnson
    -As part of her new start, she's moved to Chicago and put her scientific expertise into building her own company. However, her old evil compatriots remember her from her days on the other side of the tracks. Despite their offer, Tilda turns up her nose at them. She initially refuses to get involved, but it's only when she sees how this reign of evil is affecting normal people and the downtrodden that she takes action

    Blizzard / Donnie Gill
    -Donnie Gill is also trying to make good, and moved out to the Midwest for a fresh start of his own. Like Nighthawk, he's also offered to join the band of marauders ransacking the city, but he's more enthusiastic about turning them down and fighting evil.

    Tigra / Greer Nelson
    -Tigra's decided to move back home to Chicago, as being near her family would make raising her (half-Skrull) child much easier. When evil attacks, Tigra joins the Champions to make the city a safe place for her and her family.

    Moon Knight / Mark Spector
    -The Fist of Khonshu is also a Chicagoan! He's the only person in the city that's stranger than Mayor Lightfoot, and since his travels have brought him back home, he joins the Windy City's last line of defense.

    Doorman / DeMarr Davis
    -Sure, the former Great Lakes Avengers is a Detroiter and former Wisconsinite, but he's in the area, not doing much, and aware that this sort of situation demands a teleporter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •