Page 116 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1946

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    This is more a Charlton line-up than a Watchmen line up.
    ^^*Well I was thinking how one begat the other recently; I’m okay w. either interpretation!

Have you tried the Detroit era Ultimates?
    ^^^No, but that might be interesting!

This is more a Charlton line-up than a Watchmen line up.
    that seems like a weird criticism to me... if Alan Moore had originally been allowed to use the Charlton characters for his story, the Watchmen as they turned out, wouldn't even exist in the form that they do. so what's the difference, really? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    that seems like a weird criticism to me... if Alan Moore had originally been allowed to use the Charlton characters for his story, the Watchmen as they turned out, wouldn't even exist in the form that they do. so what's the difference, really? lol
    ^^^Like I said, I’m okay w. either. The two teams are forever linked thanks to Moore.

Have you tried the Detroit era Ultimates?
    allow me lol...

From Riv's team, we'll bring Warlock, Clea, Stingray and Flatman along

as for the new recruits...

White Tiger and Silverclaw could both cover the Vixen slot, so we'll leave this one up to the writer lol

Patriot or Winter Soldier would work (in my mind anyway) for the Steel slot, so again, writers choice lol

Cloak and Dagger may not have the same power sets as Vibe and Gypsy, but the whole "street youth" aspect of all four makes it work and I think these two would also have interesting dynamics with the hold-overs

so you end up with:

Adam Warlock
    Clea
    Stingray
    Flatman
    Silverclaw / White Tiger
    Patriot / Winter Soldier
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Last edited by Aarkus; 02-26-2024 at 09:50 AM.

allow me lol...

White Tiger and Silverclaw could both cover the Vixen slot, so we'll leave this one up to the writer lol

Patriot or Winter Soldier would work (in my mind anyway) for the Steel slot, so again, writers choice lol

Cloak and Dagger may not have the same power sets as Vibe and Gypsy, but the whole "street youth" aspect of all four makes it work and I think these two would also have interesting dynamics with the hold-overs

so you end up with:

Adam Warlock
    Clea
    Stingray
    Flatman
    Silverclaw / White Tiger
    Patriot / Winter Soldier
    Cloak
    Dagger
    I like all of the characters you mention here!

Warlock, Clea, Stingray, Flatman, and SIlverClaw are some favorites of mine and need New and GOOD stories! I think them all being on one team could do just that.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

allow me lol...

so you end up with:

Adam Warlock
    Clea
    Stingray
    Flatman
    Silverclaw / White Tiger
    Patriot / Winter Soldier
    Cloak
    Dagger
    ^^^Great build!

Okay, you got me to get off my ass and do one…:

• So we start off w. an odd collection of Ultimates who’ve decided to stick around. I’m actually surprised Adam Warlock’s in the mix. It’s a couple of big steps down from the far reaches of space to a satellite orbiting the Earth to freaking Detroit, Michigan!

• The Yankee Clipper’s (Steel) a patriotically themed young man. His force field belt makes him invulnerable, super strong, and allows him to leap great distances.

• Mary Zero (Gypsy) spent years on the streets, completely alone until she finally got some control over her power to not be seen and remembered.

• Good call on White Tiger (Vixen)! I’m using my favorite version of the character; She’s an evolved tiger who can go from young woman w. mad MA skills to weretiger to full tiger. Plus it sets up a confrontation between The Ultimates and the High Evolutionary, when he comes looking for his “property”.

• Singularity (Vibe) wasn’t in a street Gang but he did run w. a villain team named the Bastards of Evil. His powers aren’t vibrational, they’re gravitational.

I've got a team for you. The THUGS (Trust, Honesty, Loyalty, and Unity - a men's support group). Tired of constantly being assaulted by superheroes as well as going in and out of jail, a group of super powered individuals come together as a support group. By taking their meds and rebranding themselves, this group follows many corporate practices in their new endeavors. The THUGS decide being multi-millionaires is a lot more fun, and less painful, than being a super-villain trying to rule the world. They have a vision board and timeline they follow, and they're now in it for the long haul. Among the many ways the many ways they amass their fortunes are security details, bodyguard services, investments, and most importantly, stealing from their former peers in the underworld. They could say they were turning over a new leaf, but that would be false advertising.

Scorpion (Mac Gargan) - District Manager
    Tiger Shark (Todd Arliss) - Human Resources
    Whirlwind (David Cannon) - Transportation
    Rhino (Aleksei Systevich) - Security
    Speed Demon (James Sanders) - Advertising
    Blackout (Marcus Daniels) - Research and Development

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I've got a team for you. The THUGS (Trust, Honesty, Loyalty, and Unity - a men's support group). Tired of constantly being assaulted by superheroes as well as going in and out of jail, a group of super powered individuals come together as a support group. By taking their meds and rebranding themselves, this group follows many corporate practices in their new endeavors. The THUGS decide being multi-millionaires is a lot more fun, and less painful, than being a super-villain trying to rule the world. They have a vision board and timeline they follow, and they're now in it for the long haul. Among the many ways the many ways they amass their fortunes are security details, bodyguard services, investments, and most importantly, stealing from their former peers in the underworld. They could say they were turning over a new leaf, but that would be false advertising.

Scorpion (Mac Gargan) - District Manager
    Tiger Shark (Todd Arliss) - Human Resources
    Whirlwind (David Cannon) - Transportation
    Rhino (Aleksei Systevich) - Security
    Speed Demon (James Sanders) - Advertising
    Blackout (Marcus Daniels) - Research and Development
    Sounds very good. And yeah, Mac isn't quite as dumb as people tend to assume, so he probably could make a decent district manager.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds very good. And yeah, Mac isn't quite as dumb as people tend to assume, so he probably could make a decent district manager.
    Thanks! I like to think of this as The Masters of Evil mixed with the television show, The Office. A little drama, a little comedy, and in this case, a lot of action. Their first big mission? Stealing the Paste Pot Pete technology for corporate giant, Home Depot!

l…Their first big mission? Stealing the Paste Pot Pete technology for corporate giant, Home Depot!
    ^^^Laugh out Loud!

Evil organizations need competent management

Judomaster, man! Moore never wrote any character based in Judomaster. The only overcompetent hand to hand fighter was Ozy and he was full Thunderlbot/Peter Cannon inspiration. I would say even Ozymandias is a bigger inspiration to modern interpretations of Peter Cannon than the original Morisi wrote.

allow me lol...

so you end up with:

Adam Warlock
    Clea
    Stingray
    Flatman
    Silverclaw / White Tiger
    Patriot / Winter Soldier
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Great build!

Okay, you got me to get off my ass and do one…:

• So we start off w. an odd collection of Ultimates who’ve decided to stick around. I’m actually surprised Adam Warlock’s in the mix. It’s a couple of big steps down from the far reaches of space to a satellite orbiting the Earth to freaking Detroit, Michigan!

• The Yankee Clipper’s (Steel) a patriotically themed young man. His force field belt makes him invulnerable, super strong, and allows him to leap great distances.

• Mary Zero (Gypsy) spent years on the streets, completely alone until she finally got some control over her power to not be seen and remembered.

• Good call on White Tiger (Vixen)! I’m using my favorite version of the character; She’s an evolved tiger who can go from young woman w. mad MA skills to weretiger to full tiger. Plus it sets up a confrontation between The Ultimates and the High Evolutionary, when he comes looking for his “property”.

• Singularity (Vibe) wasn’t in a street Gang but he did run w. a villain team named the Bastards of Evil. His powers aren’t vibrational, they’re gravitational.
    The gautlet has been picked up...twice. I bow to the winners.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    If Michael Scott can pull it off for Dunder Mifflen, then Scorpion can pull it off for the THUGS.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks! I like to think of this as The Masters of Evil mixed with the television show, The Office. A little drama, a little comedy, and in this case, a lot of action. Their first big mission? Stealing the Paste Pot Pete technology for corporate giant, Home Depot!
    You're welcome, and that sounds very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Laugh out Loud!
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Indeed, not to mention, Trapster/Paste Pot Pete could have made all kinds of legitimate money off his glue in the first place, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Indeed, not to mention, Trapster/Paste Pot Pete could have made all kinds of legitimate money off his glue in the first place, so . . .
    Evil old Paste-Pot probably stole pet horses just to make more glue!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!