Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Ran across an old DC team, where cheesy time travel villain The Lord of Time gathered a pirate (The Black Pirate), a Viking (The Viking Prince), an Old West gunslinger (Jonah Hex), a WWI fighter pilot (Enemy Ace), and a patriotic female hero from the Revolutionary War (Miss Liberty).

I started working off that premise and wound up with…:

ZARRKO THE TOMORROW MAN (The Lord of Time)
    Zarrko’s def. a cheesy time travel villain.
    He uses his 23rd century tech to traverse both time and space and gather the individuals he needs.

ABSLOM DAAK
    A 26th century space pirate w. a list of crimes a mile long, after a devastating personal loss, Abslom went on to become a legendary foe of the Daleks, second only to The Doctor. Zarrko grabs him before all that though, so Abslom‘s in full bad guy mode, not having gotten any type of redemption arc.

BODOLF THE BLACK (The Viking Prince)
    The 8th century Viking Warlord was fierce even as regular human. Once he got the ability to Hulk out, he became a threat to the Norse Gods themselves, even beating Thor in combat. Zarrko grabs Bodolf after that victory, offering him a chance of even bigger battles and Bodolf eagerly accepts.

BULLSEYE (Jonah Hex)
    By the middle of the 21st century Old Man Bullseye operates as a Marshall of the Red Skull in a world where the villains finally won. He’s got some wear and tear in him, w. an eye and one hand replaced w. cybernetics and is as psychotic as he ever was. Zarrko doesn’t have any trouble getting him to abandon his world for the chance to kill many interesting ppl across the time stream.

THE PHANTOM EAGLE (Enemy Ace)
    Historically, Phantom Eagle has always been an honorable man, a skilled American WWI fighter pilot of German descent. There’s a modern day version from Counter Earth though; a spiteful, petty, superpowered villain. Zarrko rescues Phantom Eagle just as he was about to be stripped of his power, putting Phantom Eagle in his debt. Zarrko makes sure to tell the man about the failsafe that will send him back to the moment he was taken, if he decides to try and usurp the Tomorrow Man.

LIBERTY GIRL (Miss Liberty)
    A lovely, socially conscious young woman, Liberty Girl was a street level hero who fought crime as part of a team called The First Line in the late 1950s/early 1960s, and died on a mission when a murderous alien creature ripped her guts out. Zarrko waits till AFTER her mortal injuries to take her, then uses his advanced science to basically bring her back to life (and tweak her DNA, taking her well past street level in terms of power). The mental/emotional trauma will make it that much easier to mold her into what he needs. Zarrko also shows the young woman that she died in obscurity, as the day after her murder, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, and the nation never gave her passing a second thought.

Bova, Hellcow, Rintrah, X-Cow & Audumbla!

Together they fight for bovine freedom and hold their large heads high!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I wanted to make a supernatural fighting team, but I also wanted to avoid the big names you always see (Morbius, Dr. Strange, Ghostrider, Blade, etc).

And to steal a name from a very minor supervillain group, here's Night Shift.

Dr. Druid
    Jennifer Kale
    Sleepwalker
    Gargoyle
    John Blaze
    Simon Garth
    Hellcat
    Devil Slayer
    Deathlok
    I like this. Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ran across an old DC team, where cheesy time travel villain The Lord of Time gathered a pirate (The Black Pirate), a Viking (The Viking Prince), an Old West gunslinger (Jonah Hex), a WWI fighter pilot (Enemy Ace), and a patriotic female hero from the Revolutionary War (Miss Liberty).

He uses his 23rd century tech to traverse both time and space and gather the individuals he needs.

ABSLOM DAAK
    A 26th century space pirate w. a list of crimes a mile long, after a devastating personal loss, Abslom went on to become a legendary foe of the Daleks, second only to The Doctor. Zarrko grabs him before all that though, so Abslom‘s in full bad guy mode, not having gotten any type of redemption arc.

The 8th century Viking Warlord was fierce even as regular human. Once he got the ability to Hulk out, he became a threat to the Norse Gods themselves, even beating Thor in combat. Zarrko grabs Bodolf after that victory, offering him a chance of even bigger battles and Bodolf eagerly accepts.

BULLSEYE (Jonah Hex)
    By the middle of the 21st century Old Man Bullseye operates as a Marshall of the Red Skull in a world where the villains finally won. He’s got some wear and tear in him, w. an eye and one hand replaced w. cybernetics and is as psychotic as he ever was. Zarrko doesn’t have any trouble getting him to abandon his world for the chance to kill many interesting ppl across the time stream.

Historically, Phantom Eagle has always been an honorable man, a skilled American WWI fighter pilot of German descent. There’s a modern day version from Counter Earth though; a spiteful, petty, superpowered villain. Zarrko rescues Phantom Eagle just as he was about to be stripped of his power, putting Phantom Eagle in his debt. Zarrko makes sure to tell the man about the failsafe that will send him back to the moment he was taken, if he decides to try and usurp the Tomorrow Man.

A lovely, socially conscious young woman, Liberty Girl was a street level hero who fought crime as part of a team called The First Line in the late 1950s/early 1960s, and died on a mission when a murderous alien creature ripped her guts out. Zarrko waits till AFTER her mortal injuries to take her, then uses his advanced science to basically bring her back to life (and tweak her DNA, taking her well past street level in terms of power). The mental/emotional trauma will make it that much easier to mold her into what he needs. Zarrko also shows the young woman that she died in obscurity, as the day after her murder, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, and the nation never gave her passing a second thought.
    I know the story you speak off. A Gerry Conway and Dick Dillin JLA/JSA crossover. That is quite an intresting line-up. What would be their mission? Who would they be pit against?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Bova, Hellcow, Rintrah, X-Cow & Audumbla!

Together they fight for bovine freedom and hold their large heads high!
    ^^^LOL! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I know the story you speak off. A Gerry Conway and Dick Dillin JLA/JSA crossover. That is quite an intresting line-up. What would be their mission? Who would they be pit against?

Peace
    ^^^I really didn’t think as far ahead as the mission, tbh!

All-New Member

Hey! I've always really liked the idea of some of marvel's darker, supernatural characters teaming up to fight eldritch horrors and then I learned of the Midnight Sons! (Suns?) I'll try and create a little solicitation pitch for my team as I think it'll be fun. I also made it a line-up of 13 because that's just kind of cute.

Due to an unforeseen influx of power to various twisted dimensions through the multiverse, the monster-economy is going way up, which is bad new for the rest of us!
    With time rapidly running out, Dr Strange is forced to assemble the All-New All-Different Midnight Sons for even the slightest chance of protecting our world and sending the devilish creatures back where they came from!

Dr. Strange
    Clea
    Scarlet Witch
    Blade
    Moon Knight
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Ghost Rider (Reyes)
    Magik
    Man-Thing
    Morbius
    Bats
    Punisher
    Dr. Voodoo

I typed this on mobile so apologies if it looks off...

SHURI (Lothar)
    Lothar is Prince of the Seven Nations, a federation of African jungle tribes, and Shuri is Princess of the super advanced African kingdom of Wakanda.

ULTRAGIRL (Flash Gordon}
    To paraphrase Captain Kirk, Flash Gordon’s from Connecticut, he only works in outer space. Ultragirl is from California, but being half Kree, has spent a lot of time in outer space as well.

ELSA BLOODSTONE (The Phantom)
    Like The Phantom, Elsa’s dad had the whole white guy jungle adventure thing going on. Elsa def. knows how to operate in the jungle and hunt regular animals but prefers monsters as they’re more of a challenge.

NICO MINORU (Mandrake)
    Nico’s not a stage magician like Zatanna, but both women have magical parents. Both also dress in dark colors/pretty cool outfits, w. Nico designing a lot of different looks for herself. Both women have had interesting romantic histories. No backwards speak for Nico but she has The Staff of One, which comes w. it’s own set of rules.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-13-2022 at 07:46 PM.

^^^LOL! Love it!
    I would've included a fancy picture like a lot of other folks have but the computer I'm using doesn't have the photoshop skillz.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Amazing Member

ABSLOM DAAK

BULLSEYE (Jonah Hex)

You may want to drop Abslom we may have ownership problems with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I would've included a fancy picture like a lot of other folks have but the computer I'm using doesn't have the photoshop skillz.
    ^^^Pics or no pics that was a great idea for a team!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    You may want to drop Abslom we may have ownership problems with him.
    ^^^No, we’re good!

I’d love to have Big Ben Donovan and Man Mountain Marko in an APA type scenario where they get randomly paired up and realize they work well together. They’d become muscle/protection/butt kickers for hire on both sides of the law, showing up in different Marvel books as their reputation starts to spread.

^^^I flipped the script on the Powerman and Iron Fist formula, using two obscure 80s/90s characters. After crossing paths, they’ll decide to partner up, hiring out to those that can afford them and working pro bono for those who can’t. Despite their cultural and age differences the two quickly become close friends.

MEGALITH
    A Polish born one time Olympic hopeful, Joe Majurac was experimented on by a shady German Cosortium, making him (mostly) bulletproof, w. super strength, speed, and accelerated healing. After emigrating to the U.S. Majurac decided to use his powers as a superhero.

CHOCOLATE THUNDER
    A world class martial artist, Kevin King is also a Military vet/Special Ops Soldier who saw heavy overseas combat. King began his war on crime after coming home and seeing his old neighborhood overrun by thugs, crooked cops, drug dealers, criminal kingpins, and even supervillains.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-07-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Reviving the Strikeforce title for another odd cast of characters on a specific mission. It’s time to get Hank Pym back, dammit.

RACHEL SUMMERS (Donna Troy)
    Rachel’s kinda like Donna in that she’s basically a Junior version of a more established/iconic character. Donna and Rachel have both had their powers tweaked several times and gone through multiple costumes and code names.

THE STRANGER (Bob The Monitor)
    Was gonna go w. a Watcher here, but I’ve always liked The Stranger. I figure he’s working an angle and not leading the charge to find Hank Pym out of altruism.

SCOTT LANG (Ryan Choi)
    Like Ryan, Scott’s a legacy character who’s put his own spin on the identity he’s inherited and made it his own.

WINTER SOLDIER (Red Hood)
    W.S. usually makes for a good Red Hood expy, plus, he’s the one carry over from the original Strikeforce team so that’s cool.

THE GREEN GOBLIN (The Jokester)
    I needed a good guy version of an iconic maniacal villain.

MANTIS (Forager II)
    Forager’s a buggy character from New Genesis and Mantis is a buggy character w. ties to godly stuff as well as being the Celestial Madonna.

SAM ALEXANDER (Kyle Rayner)
    Kyle and Sam are both young space cops from Earth who took over to one degree or another, for older more established space cops from Earth. Kyle and Sam are both pretty damn cool, too!

Around about 1970 Marvel tried to create the first “all inclusive” superteam, a five character squad made up of minorities. The book never got past the planning stages though. Over time Marvel revamped the unused characters and debuted them in various other properties.

WHITE TIGER
    A Hispanic character w. an amulet that gave him energy powers.

SHANG CHI
    An Asian character who could basically defy gravity; his punches and kicks were so precise he could hit you from twenty feet away by pushing the air forward, weaponizing it.

BLACK GOLIATH
    An African American character who shouted “Black Power”, and grew to gigantic size.

THUNDERBIRD
    An American Indian character w. the powers of telepathy, teleportation, invisibility and illusion casting.

LORNA
    Marvel was also going to revive one of their old Timely Comics characters, Lorna The Jungle Queen/Girl in order to have girl hero on the team.

————————————-

Legend has it DC Comics swiped the ideas for these characters, changed them up, switched up their powers, and used them in their popular Super Friends cartoon in 1977.

They gave their Hispanic character telepathy, teleportation, invisibility and illusion casting. They didn't give their Asian character Martial Arts skill giving him air/wind powers instead. Their African American character got the energy powers, lightning to be precise. Their American Indian character was their giant, growing when he shouted “Ineck Chok“. DC even revived their own obscure jungle girl character, Rima.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-28-2022 at 08:01 PM.

This one’s not based on any particular team, I just thought it’d be fun if these guys came to Earth and set up shop in Hawaii.

NOH-VARR
    Confident young Kree Super Soldier.

HERCULES
    Gregarious Greek God of Strength.

SUPER SKRULL
    Has the combined powers of the Fantastic Four.

ULTRA GIRL
    A Kree-human hybrid and flying powerhouse.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-29-2022 at 08:29 PM.

Around about 1970 Marvel tried to create the first “all inclusive” superteam, a five character squad made up of minorities. The book never got past the planning stages though. Over time Marvel revamped the unused characters and debuted them in various other properties.

WHITE TIGER
    A Hispanic character w. an amulet that gave him energy powers.

SHANG CHI
    An Asian character who could basically defy gravity; his punches and kicks were so precise he could hit you from twenty feet away by pushing the air forward, weaponizing it.

BLACK GOLIATH
    An African American character who shouted “Black Power”, and grew to gigantic size.

THUNDERBIRD
    An American Indian character w. the powers of telepathy, teleportation, invisibility and illusion casting.

LORNA
    Marvel was also going to revive one of their old Timely Comics characters, Lorna The Jungle Queen/Girl in order to have girl hero on the team.

————————————-

Legend has it DC Comics swiped the ideas for these characters, changed them up, switched up their powers, and used them in their popular Super Friends cartoon in 1977.

They gave their Hispanic character telepathy, teleportation, invisibility and illusion casting. They didn't give their Asian character Martial Arts skill giving him air/wind powers instead. Their African American character got the energy powers, lightning to be precise. Their American Indian character was their giant, growing when he shouted “Ineck Chok“. DC even revived their own obscure jungle girl character, Rima.
    The MARVEL Friends!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin