Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    THE NEFARIOUS FOUR (because the Frightful Four aren't cutting it)

1. Count Nefaria (Luchino Nefaria)
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...mGWr1uFSEydhwI

2. Gray Gargoyle (Paul Pierre Duval)
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20071017152614

3. Whirlwind (Dave Cannon)
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20131129024336

4. Living Laser (Arthur Parks)
    https://i.imgur.com/IRJ4k3X.jpg?1

i know that they are currently the lethal legion. but "legion" generally implies more than 4 individuals. i think these particular characters work as a twisted version of the celebrity first family. each of them have sought fame at one point in their villain careers.

Nefaria got his start by having his italy-based castle rebuilt brick by brick in the United States; talk about a showman. he was already a wealthy super genius. but that wasn't enough for him. he rose up the ranks of the Maggia. and when that wasn't enough, he took on the Avengers. and then he sought immortality and attained the powers of a god (basically evil superman). plus, he's got that cool graying at the temples thing that Reed Richards is known for.

Living Laser basically started out as an incel with delusions of grandeur. but he has also thought about becoming a superhero at one point. but then he gleefully murdered his psychiatrist. at his core, he just wants to be known and feared/respected. he wanted Lucy Barton, a wealthy socialite, to recognize his greatness. but that quickly became an obsession with Janet Van Dyne, another socialite. he feels entitled to this. perfect addition to the Nefarious Four. like the next two, he's an elemental (light, wind, earth, etc).

Grey Gargoyle, like Parks, feels as if he never got the recognition he deserved. he masqueraded as an up and coming sculptor. he has tasted godhood now. i imagine that it's hard to go back to obscurity. and it's a no-brainer that he's the Thing of this group. beneath the stone exterior is the heart of a romantic (with a hair trigger).

Whirlwind. well he was kind of a big deal before becoming the Human Top. things went south for him when he became infatuated with Janet Van Dyne, at least in his head. i feel like he's the kind of grandstanding hot head that could easily fill in as the Johnny Storm of this group.
    I like it, fun read!

I always thought it was just Whirlwind who had a thing for Jan though. Didn’t know/remember about LL. Granted, there’s plenty of her to go around!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I like it, fun read!

I always thought it was just Whirlwind who had a thing for Jan though. Didn’t know/remember about LL. Granted, there’s plenty of her to go around!
    thanks! Jan is bait for creepers. maybe it's the pheremones that she gives off.

^in reference to Jan. what's funny is that he was stalking his ex, at the time. kind of a fickle dude.

Jeez, that would be such a weird angle to explore, her pheromones driving men nuts!

Jeez, that would be such a weird angle to explore, her pheromones driving men nuts!
    Magneto, Clint Barton, Paladin, Tony Stark, Dane Whitman...lot of guys have fallen for her. it never lasts long, though. something to note though is the circumstances of these encounters. Paladin is a known womanizer. so him pursuing Jan isn't odd. but he's a character who is entirely unpredictable characterization-wise. sometimes he's a swashbuckling do-gooder. sometimes he's little more than a remorseless hitman. it's almost like he has a split personality. Magneto's notorious for dramatic shifts in morality. Dane Whitman's behavior is sometimes unpredictable because of the ebony blade. there's a current of duality in the personalities of most of them, except Clint (even though that relationship came out of nowhere). Stark's an outlier because he was already in the throes of an identity crisis.

then there's Hank, and his well known mental instability. Maybe her pheromones destabilize those w. a wekened immune system mentally.

The God Hand

Umar

Dormamu

Zeus

Surtur

Mephisto

Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The God Hand

Umar

Dormamu

Zeus

Surtur

Mephisto

Nightmare
    I like it!

Puma and American Eagle.

The two form their own heroes for hire team.

Puma and American Eagle.

The two form their own heroes for hire team.
    I can dig it.
    I pitched an American Eagle book where Puma was AE’s mystery financier, so yeah I’m open to a team up!

Bishop as Cable, Frenzy as Domino, Bedlam as Cannonball, Gentle as Warpath, Thornn as Feral, Midnight’s Fire as Shatterstar, Oya as Boomer.

Dark Avengers

Baron Zemo - Captain America

Obidiah Stane (alternatively Justin Hammer) - Iron Man

Gorr the God Butcher - Thor

Abomination - Hulk

Titania - She-Hulk

Star - Captain Marvel

Kilmonger - Black Panther

Red Queen/Hope Pym - Wasp

Eric O'Grady - Ant-Man

Heroes for Hire

Maya Lopez

Elektra

Diamondback

Scott Lang

Bengal

Nightshade

Portal

Jolt

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Bishop as Cable, Frenzy as Domino, Bedlam as Cannonball, Gentle as Warpath, Thornn as Feral, Midnight’s Fire as Shatterstar, Oya as Boomer.
    X-Force Black? I like.

Dark Avengers

Baron Zemo - Captain America

Obidiah Stane (alternatively Justin Hammer) - Iron Man

Gorr the God Butcher - Thor

Abomination - Hulk

Titania - She-Hulk

Star - Captain Marvel

Kilmonger - Black Panther

Red Queen/Hope Pym - Wasp

Eric O'Grady - Ant-Man
    Heroes for Hire

Maya Lopez

Elektra

Diamondback

Scott Lang

Bengal

Nightshade

Portal

Jolt
    I like your Dark Avengers and Heroes for Hire rosters. Would Baron Zemo resume his Citizen V alias, to heighten the parallels with Captain America? Or are the Dark Avengers just countering the Avengers as opposed to impersonating them?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    X-Force Black? I like.
    ^^^thank you so much!

I like your Dark Avengers and Heroes for Hire rosters. Would Baron Zemo resume his Citizen V alias, to heighten the parallels with Captain America? Or are the Dark Avengers just countering the Avengers as opposed to impersonating them?
    ^^^i liked Agent Z’s line ups, too.
    I like the idea of Zemo using the Citizen V persona in both your scenarios as an F-U to Cap.

X-Force Black? I like.

They'd be opposing them using direct parallels. Basically, they'd be trying to one-up them in some way.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-27-2020 at 10:38 PM.