Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1941
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^They'll be working on their relationship throughout the series.
    Pietro and Herc will have a go at it, as Pietro’s temper gets the best of him over the Prince of Power and Crystal spending so much time together, but in the end Herc will offer some heartfelt advice (as someone who’s loved and lost many a wife over thousands of years) and encouragement!

^^^Man I wish!
    Sounds good to me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds good to me.
    ^^^Was trying to think ahead on that one!

When the threat is bigger than you can possibly imagine…The Cosmic Quartet

• Reed Richards w. The Watcher’s powers
    • Uni Power Sue Richards
    • Johnny Storm Herald of Galactus
    • The Infinity Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

When the threat is bigger than you can possibly imagine…The Cosmic Quartet

• Reed Richards w. The Watcher’s powers
    • Uni Power Sue Richards
    • Johnny Storm Herald of Galactus
    • The Infinity Thing
    Whoa...one of the more impressive teams I've seen. Yet, thinking about them makes me want to curl up into the fetal position and pretend I never saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Whoa...one of the more impressive teams I've seen. Yet, thinking about them makes me want to curl up into the fetal position and pretend I never saw them.
    ^^^That made me laugh out loud, thank you!

From another thread, an X-based FF line up.

DR. NEMESIS
    Is super smart.

CECILIA REYES
    Is really smart.

MATCH
    Is a smartass.

THUNDERBIRD
    Hates smartasses.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I have been thinking this over since they announced "THE TERRIFICS!" over in D.C.

Here's my team for exploring and "trying to understand magic"

I feel like these are people who really NEED to understand it because it may be a better guide to what they have going on in their history and
    some more face time. They also fit thematically (or could) the ff's looks and aesthetic.

202581-80109-marko-djurdjevic.jpg
    Ian Mcnee - aka The Norn (our Mr. Fantastic) http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ian_McNee_(Earth-616) - who was "Almost the sorcerer supreme" and who starts off as the team leader and impetus for the team existing .
    So he's the brains and prefers to fight using "Simularicra" of himself that he grows from mushrooms. He can also visually fly and shoot lasers and make concoctions that do all kinds of things. Ian is kind of a neurotic high energy type guy and you give the impression that he's a Vsauce type but with magic instead of science and he recruits...

Juggernaut - Thing- Juggernaut needs to come to terms with what it means to be bonded with an extra-dimensional being how much its affected his life and is not happy. Problem being he's not sure how he can even get "happy ending" or deserves it. (Alternatives? A. Bloodstrike from the folding circle, who is visually good mystical, and no one is writing him or B. Gilgamesh the forgotten one, who needs a little love and we can use any of these guys because they sit in the same general realm)

Cloak - Who stutters and doesn't speak (except telepathically) and thus can't really use magic well but Ians Idea is too use cloaks mastery over darkforce/access to the shadow realm as a place to store magical artifacts that either
    A. Cloak can use
    B. Can be mass produced to help the world.
    or
    C. need to be kept out of the wrong hands (come to find out Cloaks hands might be the wrong ones too). He's been given an artifact that keeps him from needing dagger, and the dynamic change strains them. Also there's something in the dark that he's discovered, and it scares him. Making him take his heroing much more responsible.
    He gets to use both more of his superstrength and his incorporeality i.e. he can stretch (I mean he's a living shadow sometimes so no biggie.)

Dagger equivalent (Invisible Girl)- who has inherited a large amount of wealth, and has recently become more powerful way more (the reason that Ian became aware of them to begin with).
    She create weapons out of her light. Armor. Spears. Shields, Chainsaw greatswords, machine guns... she really starts to get lost in combat and going mad, really wolverine/Ares battlefield brutality stuff.
    The in-betweener is behind most of it but she keeps the powers after arc 1.

Arc 1: "Popularize magic. Make Cellphones.": The In-Betweener! Cloak and Dagger!

A positive and negative charge is how you make a battery, and thats why the in-betweener seeded those powers on earth long ago.
    Ian Mcnee however has other plans. One of his main things is getting "Ordinary Magic" into more peoples hands. The more people who are not afraid of mysticism
    the greater the chance its not stigmatized. So he wants dagger's fortune to invest in the greatest cellphones of all time (as wizards have had crystal balls for years).
    They start to question are they magical or cosmic but The Norn starts teaching "practicality over everything".

Arc 2: "Mr.Marko Goes to hell":
    I have a long scene in mind where Cain Marko (not as juggs) is having a dream where he's walks up to people in a line with a ticket and a pack of papers that says "grievance" on it and says to the guy in front of him "Hey I really need to get this answered" Robbie Reyes turns to him and says "Yeah, well get in line pal". Cain Looks at the other people in the line and its Clearly Damian Helstrom, Werewolf by night, Ghost riders... other mystic heroes/villans" all in some eternal hellscape overlooked by horrors and demons. He wakes up screaming.

Juggernaut did agree to work temporarily for Ian in arc 1, but now goes to him for help as a friend... Ghost rider makes an appearance at some point and says he's had the same dream but that he doesn't need or want a hug from Juggernaut.
    Dagger asks him to join but he says juggs isn't a good guy and that might not be an excellent fit for the rider. Big Bad Guy? They think its "Nightmare" and Confront Trauma (Terrance Ward) about it and they find that jugg hasn't been dreaming but is having waking delusions. They find out a lot of whats going on is Phobos son of ares.
    This incarnation of him is maturing and on earth and the supernaturally possessed people feel most intently but he's a 15 year old and they can't do anything to a rogue Olympian on earth. Uncle herc is more than willing however to lend a hand.

So fight Cosmic guy... fight horror guys... travel to realms of the gods... save a few of the mystic super-skrulls left from secret invasion, "sell cellphones, and life time batteries" THUS getting into trouble with Doom who is the leader in techno-wizardy on earth... PLUS they may be breaking the Arcan Geneva Conventions doing so, get in trouble with wakanda because Cain Marko helps Klaw move a shipment in exchange for an item Ian wants... Epic fight between the Dagger calling herself the horseman of(Conquest) vs Black Panther.... in a drastic heel turn. ..
    ...and find out those-who-sit-above-in-shadow locked the "True Fenrir" away in Cloaks dark dimension. Figure out a way to see the entire multiverse begin developed...fight off extradimensional and multiversal invaders.

All in a days work for the Fantastic 4 *LOL but we can just call it somethin else at that point.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Still on an FF kick; this is a present day sequel to a WWII era team from another thread.

THIN MAN
    The pliable Thin Man starts up a new iteration of the team, using his Kalahia derived tech and resources to do a little bit of good for ppl who still carry the scars of a whole lotta bad.

BLAZING SKULL
    Like team leader Thin Man, the fiery Blazing Skull is perpetually young, and vividly remembers WWII and its atrocities. He’s more than okay helping balance the scales.

THE PHANTOM BLONDE
    The daughter of the Blonde Phantom, Wanda Mason is an easy to underestimate hero who will straight up kick you in the face. She’s learning a lot from her senior teammates.

STONEWALL
    Another WWII Vet, Stonewall has made a lot of questionable and or straight up bad choices over the decades. This mission he feels good about though. This feels right.

Namor
    Beast
    Nova
    Psylocke
    Hercules
    Thing
    Iceman
    Groot

Because pants ... are for lesser heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Namor
    Beast
    Nova
    Psylocke
    Hercules
    Thing
    Iceman
    Groot

Because pants ... are for lesser heroes.
    L-O freaking L!!!

Not so much a team as a collection of characters, but I was recently reminded of the Brightest Day sequel to DC's Blackest Night event, that dealt with twelve heroes and villains that returned from the dead with specific missions/purposes to fulfill. Granted, DC cheated a little bit by killing off a few bigger heroes in the lead-up to the series, so they could be reborn and the book would have some "name value," but it got me thinking what a Marvel version of this might look like. Obviously death is a big rotating door at Marvel (just looking at the old Marvel Handbooks about dead characters, I'd say 80% of them have been reversed) but there are some that have stuck for a bit. So with that, here's my take on Brightest Day, Marvel style.

Disclaimer: I know the resurrection protocols are iffy right now, but I'm still avoiding any mutants who'd spent time on Krakoa who are currently dead, as the mutants responsible for the protocols are seemingly still alive somewhere. I also wanted to stay away from obvious choices, like Captain Mar-Vell and the folks who got a lot of focus in the Chaos War books.

Valkyrie (Aquaman) - Jane Foster is running around out there with the identity, but the classic Brunnhillde character, member of the Defenders and Secret Avengers, was killed off in the War of the Realms event. She's taking Aquaman's place since they're both warriors from somewhat alien realms.

Boomerang (Captain Boomerang) - Uhh, they both use boomerangs.

Thunderbolt (Firestorm) - One of the deeper cuts here, the original Thunderbolt only appeared in a few books in the 70s and 1980. Though his power is super-speed, I'm pairing him with Firestorm since they both gained their powers through some variation of radioactive mishap.

Nomad (Hawk) - After being such a sizeable player in the 80s and 90s, Jack Monroe was killed off to bolster the whole Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier storyline. Pairing him with Hawk since they're both previously teen heroes with very violence-forward tough guy attitudes.

Diamond Lil (Hawkgirl) - One of the few mutants I'm aware of that never came back during the Krakoa era. She's taking Hawkgirl's place since they're both tough fighters with more grounded personalities.

Blazing Skull (Hawkman) - A personal favorite of mine, the golden age predecessor of Ghost Rider was cannon fodder for the umpteenth Marvel Zombies event. I paired him with Hawkman because they're both heroes from the golden age who are still operating, virtually unchanged, into modern day.

Goldfire (Jade) - Another deep cut, Goldfire was a member of the V-Batallion who was killed in their mini-series. I'm pairing her with Jade as both are descendants of golden age heroes (in Goldfire's case, Golden Woman from the Invaders series).

Goliath (Martian Manhunter) - One of the main casualties from Civil War, Goliath had a long history in Marvel from the 70s forward. He's taking the place of Martian Manhunter, which I'll admit is a stretch, but they're both well-liked by their fellow heroes even if they don't really translate to the A-list in real world optics. Besides, one could argue changing size is a variation of shape-changing, just a limited take on it.

Justin Hammer (Maxwell Lord) - Evil industrialist game recognizes evil industrialist game. And honestly, I don't feel any of Tony Stark's later evil business rivals have come close to matching him.

Aegis (Osiris) - One of the new New Warriors from the second series, the Greek-themed hero was a casualty in Hera's war against Hercules. He's paired with Osiris, since they're both young men with magical ties to ancient mythologies.

Death-Stalker (Reverse-Flash) - A villain I really can't believe they haven't brought back at all, even with the shift in tone of Daredevil's stories with Frank Miller's arrival. Paired with Reverse-Flash because, pre-Miller, he was arguably Daredevil's main antagonist, much like Professor Zoom is to the Flash.

Hannibal King (Deadman) - This was where I struggled the most. In Brightest Day, one of the people brought back is Deadman, whose whole shtick is being a ghost. I tried to think of a ghost character who has the same impact as Deadman (Bats? Daniel Drumm?) but couldn't find one I liked. So instead I went with making the undead alive again, so Hannibal King is suddenly human again, with none of the strengths or weaknesses that come with being a vampire.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 08-20-2023 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    That's kinda what Gladiator felt after Sue clobbered him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Not so much a team as a collection of characters, but I was recently reminded of the Brightest Day sequel to DC's Blackest Night event, that dealt with twelve heroes and villains that returned from the dead with specific missions/purposes to fulfill. Granted, DC cheated a little bit by killing off a few bigger heroes in the lead-up to the series, so they could be reborn and the book would have some "name value," but it got me thinking what a Marvel version of this might look like. Obviously death is a big rotating door at Marvel (just looking at the old Marvel Handbooks about dead characters, I'd say 80% of them have been reversed) but there are some that have stuck for a bit. So with that, here's my take on Brightest Day, Marvel style.

Disclaimer: I know the resurrection protocols are iffy right now, but I'm still avoiding any mutants who'd spent time on Krakoa who are currently dead, as the mutants responsible for the protocols are seemingly still alive somewhere. I also wanted to stay away from obvious choices, like Captain Mar-Vell and the folks who got a lot of focus in the Chaos War books.

Valkyrie (Aquaman) - Jane Foster is running around out there with the identity, but the classic Brunnhillde character, member of the Defenders and Secret Avengers, was killed off in the War of the Realms event. She's taking Aquaman's place since they're both warriors from somewhat alien realms.

Thunderbolt (Firestorm) - One of the deeper cuts here, the original Thunderbolt only appeared in a few books in the 70s and 1980. Though his power is super-speed, I'm pairing him with Firestorm since they both gained their powers through some variation of radioactive mishap.

Nomad (Hawk) - After being such a sizeable player in the 80s and 90s, Jack Monroe was killed off to bolster the whole Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier storyline. Pairing him with Hawk since they're both previously teen heroes with very violence-forward tough guy attitudes.

Diamond Lil (Hawkgirl) - One of the few mutants I'm aware of that never came back during the Krakoa era. She's taking Hawkgirl's place since they're both tough fighters with more grounded personalities.

Blazing Skull (Hawkman) - A personal favorite of mine, the golden age predecessor of Ghost Rider was cannon fodder for the umpteenth Marvel Zombies event. I paired him with Hawkman because they're both heroes from the golden age who are still operating, virtually unchanged, into modern day.

Goldfire (Jade) - Another deep cut, Goldfire was a member of the V-Batallion who was killed in their mini-series. I'm pairing her with Jade as both are descendants of golden age heroes (in Goldfire's case, Golden Woman from the Invaders series).

Goliath (Martian Manhunter) - One of the main casualties from Civil War, Goliath had a long history in Marvel from the 70s forward. He's taking the place of Martian Manhunter, which I'll admit is a stretch, but they're both well-liked by their fellow heroes even if they don't really translate to the A-list in real world optics. Besides, one could argue changing size is a variation of shape-changing, just a limited take on it.

Justin Hammer (Maxwell Lord) - Evil industrialist game recognizes evil industrialist game. And honestly, I don't feel any of Tony Stark's later evil business rivals have come close to matching him.

Aegis (Osiris) - One of the new New Warriors from the second series, the Greek-themed hero was a casualty in Hera's war against Hercules. He's paired with Osiris, since they're both young men with magical ties to ancient mythologies.

Death-Stalker (Reverse-Flash) - A villain I really can't believe they haven't brought back at all, even with the shift in tone of Daredevil's stories with Frank Miller's arrival. Paired with Reverse-Flash because, pre-Miller, he was arguably Daredevil's main antagonist, much like Professor Zoom is to the Flash.

Hannibal King (Deadman) - This was where I struggled the most. In Brightest Day, one of the people brought back is Deadman, whose whole shtick is being a ghost. I tried to think of a ghost character who has the same impact as Deadman (Bats? Daniel Drumm?) but couldn't find one I liked. So instead I went with making the undead alive again, so Hannibal King is suddenly human again, with none of the strengths or weaknesses that come with being a vampire.
    I like your roster. Very well-considered. Not to mention, yeah, Goliath dying in Civil War was an atrocity and a travesty, so I'm glad for him being included in this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

^^^This was a really fun read!
    I can’t believe you used Thunderbolt(!). I always felt he had a great look.

Tried doing a Marvel cosmic team based on the OG Justice League, but genders flipped.

Xenith the Strontian, formerly a member of the Star Masters (one of Marvel's first cosmic teams in Earth-616), is a cousin of Gladiator and a solid Superman stand-in.
    Gamora is the most dangerous woman in the universe and a solid sub for the Batman.
    Beta Ray Bill is the lone male on the team, much like Wonder Woman was the only woman of the Original Seven JL. And he has a big-ass magic sword now.
    Lyja is a shape-shifting alien with superpowers.
    Nova (Frankie Raye) ended up being my replacement for the Flash. There's not a lot of female out-and-out speedsters, but Frankie has the speed that comes with being a Herald of Galactus in addition to her other abilities.
    Marrina is an aquatic alien who can sub in for Aquaman.
    Quasar (Avril Kincaid) is a cosmic space hero who can use her quantum bands to create energy constructs.

The Annihilators were high-tier cosmic heroes who haven't appeared in a while. Many of the members have departed or died (but I don't think they ever officially disbanded). It falls to Beta Ray Bill to rebuild the team.
    Xenith has gone down a bad path post-Star Masters, winding up imprisoned by the Nova Corps after teaming up with Vulcan, allegedly having gone mad. Bill was a teammate of hers in the Starmasters and offers her a chance at redemption.
    Gamora is recruited by Bill from the Guardians to help keep the team in line. He's not sold on Xenith's turn and wants someone to have his back if things go sideways.
    Lyja is the Kree/Skrull Alliance's (I hate even typing that out, the idea of a united Kree/Skrull polity is so stupid) representative on the team.
    Bill wants someone with the Power Cosmic. His former teammate the Silver Surfer is otherwise occupied, so he recruits Nova to fill in for him.
    Alpha Flight is on the way back (but there seems to be no mention of Marrina in the upcoming solicits), but Marrina opts to leave Earth rather than rejoin the team and deal with the schism between mutant and non-mutant members. She winds up in Knowhere (apparently it's in orbit around Jupiter now) where she meets Bill and opts to join the team.
    Avril Kincaid succeeds Wendell Vaughn as Bill's teammate in the Annihilators after leaving the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Last edited by Celtic1967; 08-22-2023 at 10:02 AM.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?