Page 34 of 119 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yep. S.T.A.R.S and Freedom Force are oposing forces. I like the insertion of political intrigue into comics (when properly done, and not in such an obviously partidary way as it seems to be done nowadays). Look back to the late 80's/early 90's, when DC had the JLI, who clashed with the Suicide Squad, who clashed with Checkmate, and so on... Freedom Force's main goal would be to show up S.T.A.R.S. and damage the image of the program. Their "official" status would also frequently put them at odds with freelance organizations such as the Avengers, the FF and the X-Men. Conflict in the good, ol' Marvel way.

Peace
    Hmm, sounds good so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yep. S.T.A.R.S and Freedom Force are oposing forces. I like the insertion of political intrigue into comics (when properly done, and not in such an obviously partidary way as it seems to be done nowadays). Look back to the late 80's/early 90's, when DC had the JLI, who clashed with the Suicide Squad, who clashed with Checkmate, and so on... Freedom Force's main goal would be to show up S.T.A.R.S. and damage the image of the program. Their "official" status would also frequently put them at odds with freelance organizations such as the Avengers, the FF and the X-Men. Conflict in the good, ol' Marvel way.

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, sounds good so far.
    Yes it does! This idea’s got a lot of potential.

Los Vengadores

Captain America-------------------Roberta Mendez
    Iron Man---------------------------Antonio Stark
    Hulk--------------------------------Clayton Cortez
    Antman/Wasp----------------------Rita DeMara (Yellowjacket)
    Spiderman-------------------------Enrique Guzman (Aracnido)
    Black Widow/Spider Woman------Anya Corazon (Spider Girl)
    Thor--------------------------------Quetzalcoatl
    Black Panther----------------------Hector Ayala (White Tiger)
    Falcon------------------------------Joaquin Torres
    Quicksilver-------------------------Gabriel Cohuelo (Velocidad)
    Vision-------------------------------Victor Mancha

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael11 View Post
    Los Vengadores

Damn, that’s a solid line up! I’m green w. envy.

Hmm, sounds good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yes it does! This idea’s got a lot of potential.
    Thanks.

Peace

Thanks.

Peace
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael11 View Post
    Los Vengadores

Very cool Avengers lineup. I like that you came up with a name for Aracnido. He was one of my favorites from the original Spider-Verse, design-wise, anyway.

. I like that you came up with a name for Aracnido. He was one of my favorites from the original Spider-Verse, design-wise, anyway.
    I’d never heard of him, but yeah, his costume is really eye catching!

I have NOT been a fan of the Immortal Hulk spin-off, Gamma Flight.
    I will however, snatch up a couple of their characters for this build. With tongue firmly in cheek here comes Marvel’s version of The Terrifics…

DOC SAMSON (Mr. Terrific)
    I’m bringing him back to all his lush haired ruggedly handsome glory. When you’re Marvel’s go-to psychiatrist, you end up treating some of the most powerful and or unstable characters ever; on Earth, in space, even other dimensions. You need a good team to get you out of some crazy situations, no pun intended.

GEIGER (Phantom Girl)
    Delilah Dearborn as the requisite female on the team, and often the voice of reason. She doesn’t line up w. Phantom Girl in terms of powers, but she and Doc have matching costumes which is great for where I’m going w. this.

ABSORBING MAN (Metamorpho)
    Crusher Creel’s a good choice here, I think. Like Metamorpho, his power set is visually fun to play with. Creel’s usually topless and I’m sticking w. that, but from the waist down his belt pants and boots will be the same as Doc, to have that unified team look.

CAPTAIN ULTRA (Plastic Man)
    I wanted someone like Plastic Man here; seen as goofy but actually quite powerful. I hit pay dirt when I learned that Captain Ultra and Doc had worked together before, in one of Iron Man’s old ongoing titles. He def. wouldn't change his costume but he’d slap a Doc Samson lightning bolt logo on his chest plate to show solidarity.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-21-2021 at 08:12 PM.

I’d never heard of him, but yeah, his costume is really eye catching!
    I have NOT been a fan of the Immortal Hulk spin-off, Gamma Flight.
    I will however, snatch up a couple of their characters for this build. With tongue firmly in cheek here comes Marvel’s version of The Terrifics…

DOC SAMSON (Mr. Terrific)
    I’m bringing him back to all his lush haired ruggedly handsome glory. When you’re Marvel’s go-to psychiatrist, you end up treating some of the most powerful and or unstable characters ever; on Earth, in space, even other dimensions. You need a good team to get you out of some crazy situations, no pun intended.

GEIGER (Phantom Girl)
    Delilah Dearborn as the requisite female on the team, and often the voice of reason. She doesn’t line up w. Phantom Girl in terms of powers, but she and Doc have matching costumes which is great for where I’m going w. this.

ABSORBING MAN (Metamorpho)
    Crusher Creel’s a good choice here, I think. Like Metamorpho, his power set is visually fun to play with. Creel’s usually topless and I’m sticking w. that, but from the waist down his belt pants and boots will be the same as Doc, to have that unified team look.

CAPTAIN ULTRA (Plastic Man)
    I wanted someone like Plastic Man here; seen as goofy but actually quite powerful. I hit pay dirt when I learned that Captain Ultra and Doc had worked together before, in one of Iron Man’s old ongoing titles. He def. wouldn't change his costume but he’d slap a Doc Samson lightning bolt logo on his chest plate to show solidarity.
    It sure is, and I like this team roster. Hell, considering how badly everyone in the MU seems to be needing it, I'd go for a book about Samson's therapy sessions with various luminaries of Marvel, really delve into and help them with a lot of issues that have gone unresolved and ignored over the years.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Been taken with this team roster for years before but I love it now since most are pretty relevant for a Defenders team. You have Doctor Strange to lead as all Defenders teams should tend to have. Then you have a Valkyrie (except this time we have Jane Foster) and a Hulk (now Jennifer Walters). You have a fun father and daughter dynamic with both Scott's Ant Man and Cassie's Stature. You have Brian Braddock's proper return as Captain Avalon and a fellow Excalibur member and cosmic ally (hitting the Silver Surfer spot) with Lockheed. Finally alongside the Vets you get some younger legacy characters who aren't quite newbies but will still benefit from the older members - Cassie back as Stature, Kamala's Ms Marvel and Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider.

I think this team would be well timed - you've have Stephen back of course (or maybe a Cable twist with a younger version of the character) for his new movie. Jane Foster, She Hulk, Ms Marvel and Stature all about to be relevant in the MCU. Captain Avalon setting up a future appearance by Brian in the MCU. And fan favs like Ant Man, Lockheed and Ghost Rider. I would love to see this team be a reality someday.

All-New Member

I would build a new version of The Crew.
    Street level grit involving superpowers.
    the opening arc would be the sons of the serpent acquiring hi tech weaponry in order to start a race war, but that's not the only twist:
    someone has been providing them with a form of super soldier serum, giving them boosted strength.

my team of heroes:
    Battlestar
    White Tiger
    Cloak
    Dagger
    and led by Sam Wilson, The High Flying Falcon!

It sure is, and I like this team roster. Hell, considering how badly everyone in the MU seems to be needing it, I'd go for a book about Samson's therapy sessions with various luminaries of Marvel, really delve into and help them with a lot of issues that have gone unresolved and ignored over the years.
    That’s how I figured the comic would work. we’d get to eavesdrop on characters’ sessions. I was also thinking of maybe support group meetings for some characters.

That’s how I figured the comic would work. we’d get to eavesdrop on characters’ sessions. I was also thinking of maybe support group meetings for some characters.
    If the civilian friends, family, and other loved ones of superheroes can have support group meetings (see the Lookups in Nick Spencer's ASM 9-10), why not the superheroes themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel26 View Post
    I would build a new version of The Crew.
    Street level grit involving superpowers.
    the opening arc would be the sons of the serpent acquiring hi tech weaponry in order to start a race war, but that's not the only twist:
    someone has been providing them with a form of super soldier serum, giving them boosted strength.

my team of heroes:
    Battlestar
    White Tiger
    Cloak
    Dagger
    and led by Sam Wilson, The High Flying Falcon!
    Sounds good to me. Which White Tiger would you be using, though, Ava Ayala or Kevin "Kasper" Cole?

The Mystics
    *Ghost Spider
    *Kid Arachnid
    *Hulk
    *Mr. Anger Leader
    *Shotgun

If the civilian friends, family, and other loved ones of superheroes can have support group meetings (see the Lookups in Nick Spencer's ASM 9-10), why not the superheroes themselves?
    Yes!
    Guys like Demolition Man and Bantam, who wound up homeless despite having powers.

Or refugees from destroyed universes: