Page 61 of 126 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ooohh... I like it.
    ^^^Ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Avengers: Coast to Coast
    The idea for this team basically started from Scooby Doo. These would be a group of heroes that drive around the country in a van, stopping here and there to fight crime.

Once I had the idea of a van, it had to be a high tech van. So we bring in Hank Pym, who's made a van that's basically a tardis. Inside it's the size of an apartment and driving it around the country is to test it as much as it is to fight crime. He's the leader of the group and the only one of the team that really gets how the machine works.

U.S. Agent thinks he's the leader of the team and is quick to pull rank. "Has anybody else here been Captain America? Just me? I guess that makes me in charge." He's like the A-hole jock of the team. Nobody here really likes the guy but he is good in a fight.

Rage ... wasn't supposed to be here. There was a typo in the computer system that was supposed to invite Cage to join the team instead. Still, he's happy to be here. I wanted to bring back his extreme 90s look but have him play as more of the Shazam type. He's a kid who's power puts him in the body of an adult.

Speaking of Captain Marvel, Genis-Vell is still bonded with Rick Jones and still doesn't quite get earth customs or even earth logic. He does want to be a hero though and his limited cosmic awareness is helpful pointing the team to where ever it needs to go next.

I want to bring back Machine Man's old classic look, but keep his more modern personality. He's somehow both a bigger A-hole than Agent and yet is somehow still more likable. He tends to take advantage of Genis's naivety and lack of knowledge about earth. Hank he can help, but will often irritate, because while Hank is smarter than he is, Machine Man is able to think and calculate much quicker. And if Agent ever needs to go off drinking, Machine Man will be the guy right there with him.

Having lost her Madam Web powers and regained her old abilities, Julia Carpenter has taken up her old Spider-Woman costume and Arachne name again. She's traveling with the team in hopes that it will help her figure out who she is again. As a mother, she's the most protective of Rage (which sometimes irritates him, but otherwise he's appreciative of it.). She views herself and Hank as the two adults of the team, and while she doesn't take a leadership role, she does help try to guide them.
    ^^^This is cool.
    I especially like how you got Rage on the team/your take on him as a character. Nice characterizations overall, really!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

The "Watchers" are a group of vigilantes who were conscripted by S.H.I.E.L.D. to bring the tyrannical Latverian-Wakandan Empire to heel during the early 2000s, they were formed from the remnants of a similar team called The Invaders whose own compelling missions remain classified even to this very day.

Spider-Woman II (Silk Spectre II) - Mayday Watson-Richmond is the daughter of world famous model/actress/designer Mary Jane Watson, the first Spider-Woman, and a reluctant second-generation hero who was forced into her current role by her mother. She is also the wife of multi-billionaire Neal Richmond a.k.a. Nighthawk II, with whom she shares many similarities, hence the obvious attraction.

Dimensional Man (Rorschach) - Joshua Farkas is a borderline psychopathic vigilante born to members of The Cult of the Endclave. He is highly intelligent private eye and is capable of absorbing the lifeforces of those he touches but has not skimped out on learning various forms of martial arts in order to defend himself from any threat he may eventually come to face.

Captain Universe (Dr. Manhattan) - Avoidant and distant, the Kree ex-soldier Mar-Vell who goes by the pseudonym Phillip Lawson, has been growing more and more disgusted with Humanity ever since his exposure to the realm of Subatomica permanently transformed him into the living avatar of The Enigma Force. The abilities bequeathed to him are too numerous to count, making him effectively omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.

Iron Man (Ozymandias) - Arno Stark, known as "The Smartest Man on Earth", is perhaps the most formidable and manipulative non-powered vigilante on the planet. After his girlfriend, Sunset Bain, was murdered by a corporate saboteur he has sought a way to place what he calls a "suit of armor" around the entire world. However, despite being widely known for his belief in "no masks", the man called Arno Stark seems to be adept at wearing many of them.

Nighthawk II (Nite Owl II) - Neal Richmond is the adopted son of multi-billionaire playboy Kyle Richmond, the original Nighthawk, and the husband of Mayday Watson-Richmond, the current Spider-Woman, whom he fell in love with sometime halfway into their campaign against the Latverian-Wakandan Allied Forces. Richmond is a moral and resolute man with a genius-level intellect that rivals Arno Stark. He is smart and skilled in many forms of martial arts but otherwise has no special traits or attributes.

The Punisher (The Comedian) - The product of a Super-Soldier Cloning experiment gone horribly awry, "Ben Reilly" is a violent and brutal psychopath who has only ever been a hero in name only, committing countless war crimes too horrific and disturbing to recount with impunity. Extremely intelligent, cunning and vicious, he is not only skilled in self-taught combat techniques and marksmanship but also possesses the powers of the original Spider-Woman, Mary Jane Watson. Hence his Skull Spider-like motif, which he patterned after his favorite spider...the Steotoda Nobilis or "False Widow".
    ^^^Hell of an Elseworlds type scenario!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Hell of an Elseworlds type scenario!
    Thanks, I had to keep reworking this one until everything fell into place, so I am pretty proud of it.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-03-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

^^^This is cool.
    I especially like how you got Rage on the team/your take on him as a character. Nice characterizations overall, really!
    Glad you liked it.

At one point I'd considered adding Howard the Duck as the teams's Scooby Doo/van driver, but decided against it.

Glad you liked it.

At one point I'd considered adding Howard the Duck as the teams's Scooby Doo/van driver, but decided against it.
    ^^^Howard the Duck is hard to resist, though!

Building an Avengers team using the classic Alpha Flight line up as a template, I wound up w. a pretty stacked roster.

IRON MAN & RESCUE (Guardian & Vindicator)
    The armored up team leader and his distaff counterpart.

THE BEAST (Sasquatch)
    A genius bruiser who experimented on himself and turned furry.

SPEEDBALL (Puck)
    The team funny guy, who bounces all over, and is notoriously hard to hurt.

DR. STRANGE & CLEA (Shaman & Talisman)
    What’s better than one Sorcerer Supreme? Two Sorcerers Supreme.

WAR MACHINE (Box)
    The bigger, bulkier, armored up guy who packs heavy firepower.

PHOENIX FORCE ECHO (Snowbird)
    With the PF, Echo has the bird motif and goddess like power.

STARBRAND & STARBRAND (Northstar & Aurora)
    The high flying, brightly shining heroes w. matching powers.

NAMORITA (Marinna)
    Beautiful Atlantean warrior, and underrated powerhouse.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 12-12-2022 at 02:09 PM.

^^
    I like it!

THE ENIGMA CORPS

I made this team for my Age of Marvels: New Universe team book The Enigma Corps, the team concept is loosely based on the Exiles, a group of people made up of individuals from alternate futures band together after Mephisto and The Magus join forces to create their own perfect future out of the remains of the ones they wish to see destroyed. Characters not featured are Alkinoos, Jill Harper, Immortus and Benjamin Richard Parker, as they are support characters, not teammates.

Prince Wayfinder (Mimic): Hailing from the year 15,003 A.E., Prince Wayfinder is the sole survivor of the planet Ithacon and had only just set out on his journey to find the legendary Sword in the Star three years prior when his timeline was derailed at some point in the distant past, his existence on the other hand was not derailed as Mephisto hoped it would be and Wayfinder instead fell through a crack in time, arriving in The Nexus of All Realities.

Aleta Ogord (Blink): Aleta Ogord is an Arcturan from the late 30th Century who was given powers by a being called The Hawk God alongside her adopted brother Stakar. Aleta's timeline was derailed a year before she would have gotten pregnant with Stakar's children, the disruption instead resulted in her falling through a fissure in time and encountering Prince Wayfinder somewhere inside The Nexus of All Realities.

Iron Lad (Morph): Hailing from the year 3016 A.D., Nathaniel Richards had only just fled from his future self Kang the Conqueror when the timeline destabilized around him and he fell into The Nexus of All Realities, where he encountered Aleta and Wayfinder, who had been traversing the Nexus for approximately a year and a half in normal time at that point.

Spider-Girl (Nocturne): The daughter of Peter and Mary Jane Parker, May "Mayday" Parker and her twin sister Anna had been attempting to clear their father's name by taking up the moniker of Spider-Girl. However, Mayday's timeline was violently disrupted while she was out on patrol and she fell into The Nexus of All Realities.

Cosmic Ghost Rider (Thunderbird): Unlike the others, the Cosmic Ghost Rider had been trapped in the Nexus for quite some time before Mephisto and The Magus began seeking their perfect future and was only freed from imprisonment thanks to Wayfinder and his new crew.

Thundra (Magnus): Hailing from a future timeline where the Germans won the Second World War, Thundra was a fiercely powerful genetically-engineered warrior who had visited the main timeline many times before but had only just returned home when it ceased to exist before her very eyes, dumping her in The Nexus of All Realities.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-12-2022 at 04:35 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

^^
    I like it!

THE ENIGMA CORPS

I made this team for my Age of Marvels: New Universe team book The Enigma Corps, the team concept is loosely based on the Exiles, a group of people made up of individuals from alternate futures band together after Mephisto and The Magus join forces to create their own perfect future out of the remains of the ones they wish to see destroyed. Characters not featured are Alkinoos, Jill Harper, Immortus and Benjamin Richard Parker, as they are support characters, not teammates.

Prince Wayfinder (Mimic): Hailing from the year 15,003 A.E., Prince Wayfinder is the sole survivor of the planet Ithacon and had only just set out on his journey to find the legendary Sword in the Star three years prior when his timeline was derailed at some point in the distant past, his existence on the other hand was not derailed as Mephisto hoped it would be and Wayfinder instead fell through a crack in time, arriving in The Nexus of All Realities.

Aleta Ogord (Blink): Aleta Ogord is an Arcturan from the late 30th Century who was given powers by a being called The Hawk God alongside her adopted brother Stakar. Aleta's timeline was derailed a year before she would have gotten pregnant with Stakar's children, the disruption instead resulted in her falling through a fissure in time and encountering Prince Wayfinder somewhere inside The Nexus of All Realities.

Iron Lad (Morph): Hailing from the year 3016 A.D., Nathaniel Richards had only just fled from his future self Kang the Conqueror when the timeline destabilized around him and he fell into The Nexus of All Realities, where he encountered Aleta and Wayfinder, who had been traversing the Nexus for approximately a year and a half in normal time at that point.

Spider-Girl (Nocturne): The daughter of Peter and Mary Jane Parker, May "Mayday" Parker and her twin sister Anna had been attempting to clear their father's name by taking up the moniker of Spider-Girl. However, Mayday's timeline was violently disrupted while she was out on patrol and she fell into The Nexus of All Realities.

Cosmic Ghost Rider (Thunderbird): Unlike the others, the Cosmic Ghost Rider had been trapped in the Nexus for quite some time before Mephisto and The Magus began seeking their perfect future and was only freed from imprisonment thanks to Wayfinder and his new crew.

Thundra (Magnus): Hailing from a future timeline where the Germans won the Second World War, Thundra was a fiercely powerful genetically-engineered warrior who had visited the main timeline many times before but had only just returned home when it ceased to exist before her very eyes, dumping her in The Nexus of All Realities.
    ^^^Very cool.
    Some deep dives in Prince Wayfinder (who I either totally forgot or never heard of) and Aleta Ogord!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Very cool.
    Some deep dives in Prince Wayfinder (who I either totally forgot or never heard of) and Aleta Ogord!
    spoilers:
    It wouldn't be surprising if you have never heard of Prince Wayfinder as he's only made a tiny handful of appearances in that form. He's better known today as The Enigma Force and doesn't have a corporeal form anymore. He's also the ancient ancestor of Arcturus Rann and X-23, with the latter being the future heir to The Enigma Force and clearly his favorite seeing as how he lovingly gave her the nickname "My Little Star", something I can only see a family member doing. Oh and Rocket Raccoon made his first appearance as one of Wayfinder's supporting cast members in Sword in the Star.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It wouldn't be surprising if you have never heard of Prince Wayfinder as he's only made a tiny handful of appearances in that form. He's better known today as The Enigma Force and doesn't have a corporeal form anymore. He's also the ancient ancestor of Arcturus Rann and X-23, with the latter being the future heir to The Enigma Force and clearly his favorite seeing as how he lovingly gave her the nickname "My Little Star", something I can only see a family member doing. Oh and Rocket Raccoon made his first appearance as one of Wayfinder's supporting cast members in Sword in the Star.
    end of spoilers
    ^^^Ty! Damn, that’s really interesting backstory!!!

QUESTION:
    What do you get when you put together three C-listers, an ex-Avenger, a talking duck, his gorgeous girlfriend, and a misunderstood muck monster?

ANSWER:
    The Key West Defenders.

After a particularly heinous adventure, Doc Strange and the rest of the Defenders big guns take off, leaving only Nighthawk, Hellcat, and Valkyrie as the core members.

After a bunch of contrived coincidences they wind up relocating to the Sunshine State (Nighthawk owns several Florida properties they can use as an HQ) and building an odd new team, the main purpose of which is to safeguard the Nexus of All Realities.

This team has early shades of the West Coast Avengers and the Exiles, as the Defenders will end up reality hopping and taking on all sorts of old seventies villains.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 12-14-2022 at 03:03 PM.

^^
    I'd pay cash money for that series!

New Exiles.jpg

THE NEW AVENGERS

In another world, only Spider-Man and Wolverine returned from the original Secret Wars, leaving the world devoid of mighty heroes like the Avengers, Fantastic Four and X-Men. It has been seventeen long years and En Sabah Nur has returned from beyond the grave to bring about his Age of Apocalypse. With the fate of both Mutant and Human alike on the line, an aging Wolverine leads a new team of Avengers into battle against the X-Men's most dangerous adversary!

Wolverine: Though he has begun to show signs of aging, Wolverine is still the best at what he does...which is leading The Avengers now apparently and what a team...Parker's daughters, Hyperion of the freakin' Squadron Supreme, Thundra and Arno Stark? What could possibly go wrong?

Spider-Girl & Spiderling (Mayday and Annie Parker): The daughters of Peter and Mary Jane Parker have established themselves as an effective crime fighting duo over the past several years, earning the praises of New Yorkers everywhere...including their fathers biggest critic: J. Jonah Jameson! With the Sensational Spider-Girls on the job, Apocalypse won't know what hit him!

Hyperion & Thundra: The reclusive lovebirds have spent the last several years living amongst Hyperion's people, The Eternals but when fate places them in New York City on the day Apocalypse declares war on humanity, they decide to come out of retirement for one last big showdown before they start their family in earnest.

Iron Man 2020 (Arno Stark): The true son of Howard and Maria Stark took control over Stark Industries after Tony never returned from Battleworld and has since become a mercenary for hire, using a new suit of Iron Man armor he developed to help him get the job done. While Arno has no desire to play the hero, Apocalypse is bad for any future business opportunities that may arise, so there really isn't any choice.

^^
    I'd pay cash money for that series!

New Exiles.jpg

THE NEW AVENGERS

In another world, only Spider-Man and Wolverine returned from the original Secret Wars, leaving the world devoid of mighty heroes like the Avengers, Fantastic Four and X-Men. It has been seventeen long years and En Sabah Nur has returned from beyond the grave to bring about his Age of Apocalypse. With the fate of both Mutant and Human alike on the line, an aging Wolverine leads a new team of Avengers into battle against the X-Men's most dangerous adversary!

Wolverine: Though he has begun to show signs of aging, Wolverine is still the best at what he does...which is leading The Avengers now apparently and what a team...Parker's daughters, Hyperion of the freakin' Squadron Supreme, Thundra and Arno Stark? What could possibly go wrong?

Spider-Girl & Spiderling (Mayday and Annie Parker): The daughters of Peter and Mary Jane Parker have established themselves as an effective crime fighting duo over the past several years, earning the praises of New Yorkers everywhere...including their fathers biggest critic: J. Jonah Jameson! With the Sensational Spider-Girls on the job, Apocalypse won't know what hit him!

Hyperion & Thundra: The reclusive lovebirds have spent the last several years living amongst Hyperion's people, The Eternals but when fate places them in New York City on the day Apocalypse declares war on humanity, they decide to come out of retirement for one last big showdown before they start their family in earnest.

Iron Man 2020 (Arno Stark): The true son of Howard and Maria Stark took control over Stark Industries after Tony never returned from Battleworld and has since become a mercenary for hire, using a new suit of Iron Man armor he developed to help him get the job done. While Arno has no desire to play the hero, Apocalypse is bad for any future business opportunities that may arise, so there really isn't any choice.
    ^^^That is a suh-weet premise and line up, man! I love it.

QUENTIN QUIRE (Psimon)
    It was only a matter of time before QQ (an Omega-level Telepath/Telekinetic w. a genius intellect) went rogue, taking a few like minded individuals w. him and starting his own (Fearsome Five inspired) team in order to pursue his own agenda.

AMELIA VOGHT (Shimmer)
    Amelia has the power to transmute anyone or anything she touches, and even herself, into a loose, virtually insubstantial mist over which she has complete control. In this state she's capable of global level teleportation, which gives QQ the ability to operate anywhere he wants, whenever he wants.

BLOCKBUSTER (Mammoth)
    Is he really smart? No. No he’s not. Is he really strong? Yes. Yes he is. AKA, Blockbuster is the most experienced person on QQ’s team, having spent decades maiming and killing for fun and profit.

ROULETTE (Jinx)
    A powerful psionic, Roulette’s power manifests in the ability to alter probability. She generates a good luck field around herself, and can bad luck the hell out of her enemies. She’s QQ’s game changer.

WIZ KID (Gizmo)
    A technopath w. a genius I.Q., Wiz Kid tools around on an anti-grav, heavily mechanized wheelchair. He often uses its components to create any device QQ might call for in the field, as well as devices to attack and defend w. in battle.

Daughters of Darkness

When Jennifer Kale found a mystic threat too powerful and too dangerous for to overcome herself, she used her powers to summon a group of champions to prevail against evil. Or, as she put it "Time to Secret Defenders this $#^%!" However, now due to the mystic energies tossed around in the conflict, the team is magically bound.

Jennifer Kale: Somewhere in-between Dr. Strange and John Constantine. She's seem to much in her short years and it's jaded her horribly.

Lynn Micheals: She's been a vigilante, an agent of SHIELD, and a mercenary. Her biggest interest is survival. However for all her competence, she considers herself a fraud. People expect her top be Frank Castle and she's not. While normally I'm against "realistic tacticle" costumes, I think here it would fit. I'd also give her a shorter hair cut.

Elsa Bloodstone: No. You're thinking of a different Elsa Bloodstone. Ulysses Bloodstone has had many daughters and he's not that creative when it comes to names. Elsa is our "Buffy." She's fought monsters, but she's still far too new at this to have encountered real horror.

Dead Girl: Dead Girl is sometimes a ghost, sometimes a zombie, and something something else entirely. Her state comes not from supernatural means, but from the mutant power to communicate and manipulate the dead ... in this case including herself. It's unknown if she can permanently die or not or what death even is to somebody like her. However she's pretty much upbeat about it and when it comes to confronting the supernatural, being able to affect them without being supernatural herself can come in real handy.

Angela: Perhaps the most quick to anger member of the group. Angela has at various times thought she was from Heaven and later from Asgard, but there have been a lot of people lying in her past. She treats monster hunting less like a curse of a honorable quest and more like a 9 to 5 job. It's just what she does.

Typhoid Mary sometimes Bloody Mary. Sometimes Mary Walker. Sometimes just Mary. She's a psycho and a liability to every one around her. None of the team trust her, but she's stuck with them now.

Daughters of Darkness

When Jennifer Kale found a mystic threat too powerful and too dangerous for to overcome herself, she used her powers to summon a group of champions to prevail against evil. Or, as she put it "Time to Secret Defenders this $#^%!" However, now due to the mystic energies tossed around in the conflict, the team is magically bound.

Jennifer Kale: Somewhere in-between Dr. Strange and John Constantine. She's seem to much in her short years and it's jaded her horribly.

Lynn Micheals: She's been a vigilante, an agent of SHIELD, and a mercenary. Her biggest interest is survival. However for all her competence, she considers herself a fraud. People expect her top be Frank Castle and she's not. While normally I'm against "realistic tacticle" costumes, I think here it would fit. I'd also give her a shorter hair cut.

Elsa Bloodstone: No. You're thinking of a different Elsa Bloodstone. Ulysses Bloodstone has had many daughters and he's not that creative when it comes to names. Elsa is our "Buffy." She's fought monsters, but she's still far too new at this to have encountered real horror.

Dead Girl: Dead Girl is sometimes a ghost, sometimes a zombie, and something something else entirely. Her state comes not from supernatural means, but from the mutant power to communicate and manipulate the dead ... in this case including herself. It's unknown if she can permanently die or not or what death even is to somebody like her. However she's pretty much upbeat about it and when it comes to confronting the supernatural, being able to affect them without being supernatural herself can come in real handy.

Angela: Perhaps the most quick to anger member of the group. Angela has at various times thought she was from Heaven and later from Asgard, but there have been a lot of people lying in her past. She treats monster hunting less like a curse of a honorable quest and more like a 9 to 5 job. It's just what she does.

Typhoid Mary sometimes Bloody Mary. Sometimes Mary Walker. Sometimes just Mary. She's a psycho and a liability to every one around her. None of the team trust her, but she's stuck with them now.
    ^^^This is a really good line up!
    It’s nice mix of powers, skills, personality types. Kick ass!