Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Kamala Khan: Ms. Marvel 2024 Appreciaton

Here's to a great 2024 for Kamala Khan!

It really was a tough call where this thread belongs - Marvel or X-books forums. Of course, while she's an X-Man currently, we can't be sure what'll happen after July, when the X line relaunches. Luckily, we should know by the time Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menace finishes. That book was announced as soon as The New Mutant finished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Kamala made a small cameo in The Fall of the House of X #1
    Thanks for making the 2024 thread! Cant wait for Mutant Menace to come out! XD
    IMG_0580.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MarvelManiac; 01-04-2024 at 12:41 PM.

Amazing Member

Apologies I’m kinda new to posting on the forum and don’t know the functions very well, how do I make the pictures big like the the posts above? ><

IMG tags in square brackets, and host it off site, attachments often get shrunk and you don't want that.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Ah ok, I’ll put the IMG tags in square brackets then! If you don’t mind me asking, what site do you use to host your images?

2023 sure has been quite the wild ride for Kamala, huh?

Early 2023: No Solo/Team Books, while randomly showing up in Zeb's (infamous) ASM run
    Mid 2023: Her (extremely controversial) death in ASM, and funeral book
    Late 2023: Her literal rebirth as an mutant (while still keeping her inhuman origins), getting an extremely well-received mini, and the spotlight in the x-books (and team)

With the X-men vs ORCHIS conflict reaching its conclusion in the following months, I really hope Kamala the big Ws this 2024 ! It would be greatly appreaciated !

Also, as someone who likes to read about behind-the-scenes stuff, but cant seem to find reliable sources for it, I hope you can help me with my following question!

Regarding Kamala's Death and Resurrection as a mutant:

-Was she shoe-horned into Zeb's ASM run with the sole intention of setting-up her death? or was her appearance there unrelated, but decided to go with it anyways?
    -In the case of being the former, how does it work?
    a) "Can you please take care of Kamala's death?" the higher-ups asked Zeb calmly
    or
    b) Zeb volutereed to do it

I am genuinely curious on the decision-making works in these particular scenarios :P

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    Ah ok, I’ll put the IMG tags in square brackets then! If you don’t mind me asking, what site do you use to host your images?
    I use Imgur if I need to reupload something. Sometimes I'll just copy an image url from another site (for example, when posting a solicit).

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Also, as someone who likes to read about behind-the-scenes stuff, but cant seem to find reliable sources for it, I hope you can help me with my following question!

Regarding Kamala's Death and Resurrection as a mutant:

-Was she shoe-horned into Zeb's ASM run with the sole intention of setting-up her death? or was her appearance there unrelated, but decided to go with it anyways?
    -In the case of being the former, how does it work?
    a) "Can you please take care of Kamala's death?" the higher-ups asked Zeb calmly
    or
    b) Zeb volutereed to do it

I am genuinely curious on the decision-making works in these particular scenarios :P
    I need to track down the interview but no, She went into spidey because Zeb wanted to use and the mutant stuff came later. The death was entirely to build hype

found it, gang war panel
    https://www.thepopverse.com/nycc-mar...-liveblog-2023

"The idea to kill and bring Kamala back came from a Marvel retreat, and Nick felt there was no bigger stage than Amazing Spider-Man. "We didn't know this when we put her in Amazing Spider-Man #7," Nick"
    Last edited by mung; 01-04-2024 at 09:35 PM.

So what was the original plan for her? Clearly the plans for her post-Dark Web changed. I'm guessing the original intent was that she'd still be in ASM now?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So what was the original plan for her? Clearly the plans for her post-Dark Web changed. I'm guessing the original intent was that she'd still be in ASM now?
    Probably a bigger role than what she ended up getting, maybe it would have turned into a team up book. We made a big deal about how little she appeared in the book before being killed, but in hindsight it's likely Zeb cancelled all his plans when editorial told him they were taking her.

Thanks for all the info Mung !

Spectacular Member

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-forever-ri...len-interview/

The cover of Issue #1 has a cast of characters. Is that your core cast? Or are they part of a much larger ensemble?

That's also complicated. The cast of the +10 period is probably smaller than you think. A few core characters drive the plot and give you a vision of the future.

We've got Kamala Khan as Captain Krakoa. She's an X-Man now, so it's like, "Let's give her a dark future." Everyone gets a dark future when they join the X-Men. That's how it works.[Laughs]

What's it like writing her in this role as Captain Krakoa?

When you have a character who's beloved by so many people, including me, taking them and putting them in this different position means you want to do good by them. When you're showing a little older version of a teenage hero, you want to show they're a great person. Because people really like that "hero they can be" aspect.

She's an interesting mix. Writing her as a slightly older leader, you see bits of her personality as it is now still there, but you also get the person who can do their taxes better. [Laughs] She's not Cyclops or anything, but she's an incredible team leader. She delegates. She gets people to do stuff. She's really empathetic. She's a hero. That's part of her charm.
    Looks like Kamala is filling the Cyclops role of Field Leader in the Rise of Powers of X comic

Makes sense. She has experience being the former leader of the Champions, and if this is 10 years in the future, this Kamala is 28 years old. I'd expect similar from the 45 year old Kamala in Avengers Twilight.