The New Annihilators

Captain Universe (Prince Wayfinder)
    The Phoenix (Jean Grey)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell)
    Doctor Spectrum (Joseph Ledger)
    Ikon of the Spaceknights
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    I think I would personally leave Jean with the Mutants and use Moondragon instead... beyond that tho, I like this. would read.

This comes from reading danielsan52‘s thread about where some of the Thunderbolts are.

No re-inventing the wheel here. I’d just like a T-Bolts team that harkens back to the original team.

Mach-X, Songbird, and Atlas would be the team’s big three. Songbird would take the leadership position. I don’t think the others would have a problem w. that.

Genis Vell would be the team’s heavy hitter, and a way for the team to get involved in the occasional cosmic adventure.
    Plus you’d have Songbird’s future husband (in at least a couple of alternate timelines) and her ex-lover on the same team.

I’d have Jolt come back. She became the heart of the T-Bolts really quick, and she’s gone through a LOT of crap for the team. She needs to get back on her feet.

Dallas Riordan would be there as Citizen V. She has a long history w. the team (especially Atlas), and I like the Citizen V identity way better than Vantage.

And, because I don’t have to worry about who has the rights to the character, I’d bring in Charcoal. He and Jolt had become real good friends before he had to be written out of the original series, and I’d like to see them as platonic best buds.

Germany’s answer to/version of, The Avengers…:

HAUPTMANN DEUTSCHLAND
    Despite his soft spot for children and puppies, Germany’s national hero Markus Ettlinger is notoriously short tempered, and seems to have a problem w. (nearly) everyone on this new Govt. sanctioned team. He’s determined to whip them into shape, though!

BLITZKRIEG
    Back from the dead, electric dynamo Franz Mittelstaedt is trying to fit back into the world of the living and reconnect w. his estranged family.

IRON CROSS
    Clare Gruler’s the daughter of the original Nazi operative Iron Cross, who’s Inhuman power of molecular bonding activated only once, fusing her w. her father’s armor which she can now manifest at will.

MAXIMILIAN FRANKENSTEIN
    Young Frankenstein has a genius level intellect (of which he’ll remind you at every opportunity), and an infamous family tree he’s not one bit ashamed of.

MAGIK
    Dark magical powers aside, Amanda Sefton’s a vibrant young woman looking to enjoy her life, do good things, and maybe rekindle her romance w. Nightcrawler.

NIGHTCRAWLER
    After so many years away, N.C. feels like a tourist in his own homeland. Luckily he has Amanda Sefton (who he may still have feelings for) to lean on. This new team will take some adjusting to, but he’s excited to see where things go.

MAN-KILLER
    Back in Germany to settle her recently deceased mother’s Estate, powerhouse Katrina Van Horn is a offered a full Govt. pardon in exchange for her services on the team and accepts. She figures she can always resume her criminal activities back in America if she gets bored playing hero.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 03-24-2024 at 05:17 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Marvel’s answer to/version of, The Avengers…:

HAUPTMANN DEUTSCHLAND
    Despite his soft spot for children and puppies, Germany’s national hero Markus Ettlinger is notoriously short tempered, and seems to have a problem w. (nearly) everyone on this new Govt. sanctioned team. He’s determined to whip them into shape, though!

BLITZKRIEG
    Back from the dead, electric dynamo Franz Mittelstaedt is trying to fit back into the world of the living and reconnect w. his estranged family.

IRON CROSS
    Clare Gruler’s the daughter of the original Nazi operative Iron Cross, who’s Inhuman power of molecular bonding activated only once, fusing her w. her father’s armor which she can now manifest at will.

MAXIMILIAN FRANKENSTEIN
    Young Frankenstein has a genius level intellect (of which he’ll remind you at every opportunity), and an infamous family tree he’s not one bit ashamed of.

MAGIK
    Dark magical powers aside, Amanda Sefton’s a vibrant young woman looking to enjoy her life, do good things, and maybe rekindle her romance w. Nightcrawler.

NIGHTCRAWLER
    After so many years away, N.C. feels like a tourist in his own homeland. Luckily he has Amanda Sefton (who he may still have feelings for) to lean on. This new team will take some adjusting to, but he’s excited to see where things go.

MAN-KILLER
    Back in Germany to settle her recently deceased mother’s Estate, powerhouse Katrina Van Horn is a offered a full Govt. pardon in exchange for her services on the team and accepts. She figures she can always resume her criminal activities back in America if she gets bored playing hero.
    Pretty interesting lineup, though wouldn't that technically be Germany's answer to the Avengers within the Marvel Universe?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well yeah, it would be in the Marvel Universe.

Well yeah, it would be in the Marvel Universe.
    Fair point, though I meant to say I was a bit confused at saying "Marvel's answer to/for the Avengers" and specifically referencing heroes/members of German background.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty interesting lineup, though wouldn't that technically be Germany's answer to the Avengers within the Marvel Universe?
    Well you mean like a German version of the Red Guard(Russian) team? enh... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well you mean like a German version of the Red Guard(Russian) team? enh... maybe?
    Something like that, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The New Annihilators

Captain Universe (Prince Wayfinder)
    The Phoenix (Jean Grey)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell)
    Doctor Spectrum (Joseph Ledger)
    Ikon of the Spaceknights
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Love this team, CU!

The Phoenix and Captain Universe working together would be so great to see!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fair point, though I meant to say I was a bit confused at saying "Marvel's answer to/for the Avengers" and specifically referencing heroes/members of German background.
    ^^^oh THATS why you asked! Thank you, will fix!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

The Unstoppable Avengers

The Hulk
    The Juggernaut
    Thundra
    Thor w/The Destroyer Armor
    Hyperion
    Iron Man w/Hulkbuster Armor
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

^^^oh THATS why you asked! Thank you, will fix!
    You're welcome, and yeah. Have a great day, hopefully.

You're welcome, and yeah. Have a great day, hopefully.
    ^^^Any day I don’t have to wear pants is a great day!

A throwback Initiative team for when Marvel was in the midst of their Skrull invasion, based out of Washington State…:

• With 28,000 miles of shorelines, team leader Namor has easy ocean access, and has a contingent of Atlantean troops stationed nearby ready to deploy at a moment’s notice.

• Quicksilver likes to boast that he can cover the whole of Washington all by himself.

• Gladiator’s on loan from the Shi’ar Empire, as no matter the current political climate between them and Earth, the Skrulls annexing such a pivotal planet is not something they want.

• Moondragon doesn’t really want to be back on Earth, but she knows the planet’s heroes would lose badly to the Skrulls without her.

• Quentin Quire is just counting the days until he takes charge of the team.

• Monet must have lost some kind of bet to be slumming in this backwoods State, but she’ll do what’s required of her.

Now, the team doesn’t have particular codename or anything, but behind their backs, The Avengers, FF, etc. refer to them as…THE POMPOSITY.

A throwback Initiative team for when Marvel was in the midst of their Skrull invasion, based out of Washington State…:

• With 28,000 miles of shorelines, team leader Namor has easy ocean access, and has a contingent of Atlantean troops stationed nearby ready to deploy at a moment’s notice.

• Quicksilver likes to boast that he can cover the whole of Washington all by himself.

• Gladiator’s on loan from the Shi’ar Empire, as no matter the current political climate between them and Earth, the Skrulls annexing such a pivotal planet is not something they want.

• Moondragon doesn’t really want to be back on Earth, but she knows the planet’s heroes would lose badly to the Skrulls without her.

• Quentin Quire is just counting the days until he takes charge of the team.

• Monet must have lost some kind of bet to be slumming in this backwoods State, but she’ll do what’s required of her.

Now, the team doesn’t have particular codename or anything, but behind their backs, The Avengers, FF, etc. refer to them as…THE POMPOSITY.
    Ha, good one! Great one, even!