Page 36 of 126 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Could’ve sworn I did this one before, but I can’t find it anywhere, so yeah.

MADCAP (Merryman)
    He’s more Harlequin-y than Jester-ish but he’s a good fit.

ORKA (Awkwardman)
    He’s dressed in blue and is a water based strong guy.

TRICKSHOT (White Feather)
    A really great archer, but not very well known by most ppl.

WHITE RABBIT (Tough Bunny)
    This one's pretty straightforward.

FROG-MAN (The Blimp)
    One's dressed in green and just floats around. One's dressed in green and just hops. Kind of a reach, but the story hinges on, has Frog-Man talked the others into being heroes or, have they turned Frog-Man into a villain like his dad.

A fun Big Three-ish type line up from another thread.
    Might try and build around it eventually.

America Chavez
    The Powerhouse. Along w. the standard flying brick powers of strength invulnerability and super speed, America’s got a kind of Hyper-Cosmic Awareness, can travel the multiverse and even time, via Star shaped Portals she can generate.

Iron Patriot
    The Brains. A prodigy, Toni Ho’s an expert engineer, and acquired three doctorates by the age twenty. She’s invented a series of Iron Man inspired situation specific armors she uses to go into battle.

American Dream
    The Leader. In an alternate future timeline, AD grew up idolizing Captain America, training herself physically, taking up his mantle, gaining experience, leading an Avengers team and inheriting Cap’s mighty Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The Mystics
    *Ghost Spider
    *Kid Arachnid
    *Hulk
    *Mr. Anger Leader
    *Shotgun
    6th Member: Shadow Tracer

I'd give them their own book, the first issue of which would set Kingpin up as their first rogue arc.
    Last edited by TheRay; 11-28-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Espirata
    Living lighting
    White tiger
    Spectrum
    Moonknight
    Night Thrasher
    Wind shear
    Shaman
    Blue marvel

Just coz I like the characters

The Avengers Team led by Captain America:
    Spider-Man (Cap's first recruit, says he'll only do it for Cap, no one else)
    Ghost Spider (Critical in founding the team because she's from an Earth without one)
    The Falcon (Instrumental in preventing a mutant war)
    The Punisher (Reluctant to follow orders at first, he relents when Cap agrees to allow him to lead and select his own missions occasionally)
    The Thing (Joins to help keep Punisher in line, should the need arise)

A space faring team based on the OG Avengers line up and the first change to that line up.
    It’d have a cheesy name like Avengers of The Galaxy or The Galactic Avengers.

BETA RAY BILL - Space Thor!

XEMNU - The first Hulk!

ROM - The Iron Man!

BUG - The insect themed guy!

MANTIS - The insect themed gal!

Of course, Xemnu will almost immediately and violently leave the team.
    After that debacle, the team looks to relax and is out testing their new space vessel when they happen upon the frozen body of the last person anyone would expect. And…he’s alive.

CAPTAIN MARVEL - The Living Legend!

Powerful but forgotten or underunsed characters:

Sundown - Hercules-level strength and invulnerability, Captain Marvel-level energy rays, Wolverine-level healing factor, teleporter, can fly, can grow to giant size, can manipulate dark energy. He isn't used because he is too powerful but realistically, he shouldn't be left to waste by the high-ups in the MU.

Sundragon - Cosmic powers and psychic powers. Sort of a mini-Phoenix.

Spitfire - A speedester is always useful.

Aarkus - The original Vision. Very versatile.

Sebastian Druid - Another guy with a a lot of versatility.

Aaron the Sorcerer - We need a real magic-user.
    Last edited by Habis; 12-09-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Powerful but forgotten or underunsed characters:

Sundown - Hercules-level strength and invulnerability, Captain Marvel-level energy rays, Wolverine-level healing factor, teleporter, can fly, can grow to giant size, can manipulate dark energy. He isn't used because he is too powerful but realistically, he shouldn't be left to waste by the high-ups in the MU.
    Ah, I thought I was the only one who missed this character and that thought it was a real waste for Marvel not to use such a powerful character. However, the way Marvel is nowadays, he'd be cannon fodder for, say, Kate Bishop.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Ah, I thought I was the only one who missed this character and that thought it was a real waste for Marvel not to use such a powerful character. However, the way Marvel is nowadays, he'd be cannon fodder for, say, Kate Bishop.

Peace
    Well, it could be argued that his problem is, he is far too powerful and too versatile. He is almost like a sane Sentry, able to punch around the Avengers, X-Men, 4F, Dr. Strange and Spider-man at the same time... if you make him a hero, the rest of the team are redundant.

Add to that, he could create any number of superhumans like himself if he just re-created his serum... As a hero, he could single-handedly create a Golden Age... The Masters of Evil are causing trouble? No problem, deploy 10 Sundowns and they will capture them in like 5 seconds. Thanos has defeated the Avengers? Send 100 Sundowns. The Kree armada has landed on Earth? Unleash 1,000 Sundowns and enjoy the fireworks...

On the other hand, he doesn't really have the personality of a villain... this is a guy so calm and cool-headed that he served his ten years sentence in a normal prison despite being able to walk out at any time he wished, all the while resisting all the people trying to goad him into causing trouble...

You could write interesting stories about him being controlled by villains, or his serum being stolen and used for evil, but it would be hard to make him a regular character...

Months of the Year
    January/Antman
    February/Thanos
    Smarch/The Destroyer
    March/Giant Man
    April/Goliath
    May/Runner
    June/Wasp
    July/Hawkeye
    August/The Collector
    September/Nighthawk
    October/The Grandmaster
    November/Moondragon
    December/Golden Archer

Peace
    ^^^I've never heard of Sundown either. It’s amazing he’s flown under my radar so long.

Well, it could be argued that his problem is, he is far too powerful and too versatile. He is almost like a sane Sentry,
    ^^^or a DC character.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I've never heard of Sundown either. It’s amazing he’s flown under my radar so long.
    Sundown was intoduced in a couple of Annuals (Untold Tales of Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man), by Kurt Busiek and Tom Lyle, many years ago (i'm not sure, but I think Roger Stern co-wrote). Busiek, of course, is a master in character work, and you could see the untapped potential the guy had (aside from being a real heavy-hitter). Lyle's second and more modern design for the character, in the Amazing annual, was also very dynamic and exciting.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 12-09-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Sundown was intoduced in a couple of Annuals (Untold Tales of Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man), by Kurt Busiek and Tom Lyle, many years ago (i'm not sure, but I think Roger Stern co-wrote). Busiek, of course, is a master in character work, and you could see the untapped potential the guy had (aside from being a real heavy-hitter). Lyle's second and more modern design for the character, in the Amazing annual, was also very dynamic and exciting.

Peace
    Oh that’s very cool.
    I’m big Busiek fan, and I fell for Tom Lyle’s artwork when I started collecting DC’s Starman (Will Payton), which Lyle co-created with…Roger Stern. All the pieces are coming together!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Oh that’s very cool.
    I’m big Busiek fan, and I fell for Tom Lyle’s artwork when I started collecting DC’s Starman (Will Payton), which Lyle co-created with…Roger Stern. All the pieces are coming together!
    HUGE fan of Stern and Lyle's Starman. I like Robinson's Starman. It's a classic. But Will Payton will always be my favorite Starman.

Peace

HUGE fan of Stern and Lyle's Starman. I like Robinson's Starman. It's a classic. But Will Payton will always be my favorite Starman.

Peace
    Will’s my favorite Starman, too!
    Robinson’s Starman’s a classic no doubt, but I’m a fan of a good old fashioned superhero comic, and Lyle/Stern Starman was a great example of that.