Page 50 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

^^^ive enjoyed your line ups! The T'Challa for Teth-Adam works really well. If these two existed in the same universe I’m pretty sure they’d despise each other.
    thanks!

the irony of that very true statement, is that I've seen a few folks use Black Adam and Namor to sub for each other in their builds... and all this time, I thought it was the pointy ears

I'm picturing a post-New Avengers team, headed up by Wolverine, when he was in every book Marvel published for a minute there... initially, he starts out Secret Avengers-style, recruiting mission-specific teams... but after 16 issues or so, he opts for a stable line-up, consisting of: two younger heroes, whom he intends to mentor; and a pair of powerful "loose cannons", whom he wants eyes on at all times. given his affiliations at the time, the title of the book and unofficial "name" of the team, would be Avengers Task Force... I'd probably even get snarky with it, call it "The ATF" as the in-story shorthand/acronym, and ask the cover artist to design a mock-up of the USA's ATF logo, replacing Alcohol with Avengers and so on...

anyway, as for the team itself...

in issue one, it looks like this:

Wolverine (Martian Manhunter - long-lived, heart-of-the-team type who has been on all the teams and mentored many of his next-generation peers)
    Winter Solider (Nightwing - the OG side-kick to the OG "peak human" superhero)
    Quicksilver (Flash - the premier Silver Age speedsters)
    Namor (Aquaman - kings of Atlantis)
    Kitty Pryde (Gypsy - younger "mentee" to the team leader's "mentor")

and by issue seventeen, it stabilizes to the following members:

Wolverine
    Cloak & Dagger (Gypsy & The Ray - gender-swap/role-reversal thing going there, and as a bonus, C & D were canonical Mutants at that point in publishing history)
    Joe Fixit (Despero/L-Ron merger - both characters are, essentially, alternate personalities of someone who has been a long-time enemy of the team leader)
    Sentry (Triumph - the "powerful, forgotten, mentally-unstable/loose-cannon hero" archetype)
    Last edited by Aarkus; 04-17-2022 at 07:37 PM.

The Infinity Gems have proven time and time again that they are too dangerous to be allowed to exist. Now a group of heroes has gathered to destroy them and end the threat once and for all: a staff-wielding immortal, an exiled king, a hearty warrior, an agile bowman, a boisterous brawler, a selfless hero, a brave adventurer, a steadfast companion, and an impulsive hothead. Together, they are
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be an interesting team-up, and an interesting scenario.

Clone Support Network

Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen
    Claudine Renko/Miss Sinister
    Benjamin "Ben" Reilly/Scarlet Spider/Spider-Man (Beyond)/"Chasm"
    Kaine Parker/Scarlet Spider II
    Ultimate Jessica Drew
    Ashley Kafka/Queen Goblin
    "Shift"
    Gabrielle "Gabby" Kinney/Honey Badger/Scout

Not so much a team, as they are a support network for clones cruelly cast out into an uncaring world, or at least that's how Madelyne Pryor would tell it. Figuring there could be strength in numbers, she uses her psychic (and demonic) powers to seek out and track down fellow clones who've been dealt a bad hand from life and by those around them. Starting off as more of a disguised revenge scheme, she begins to find herself unwittingly actually giving a damn about those she's recruited for "support network," especially the naiver and more "innocent" younger members like Shift, Gabby, and Ultimate Jessica. With Claudine "Miss Sinister" Renko, she has a kindred spirit in terms of having been victimized by Mister Sinister, even sharing her deep-seated hatred for Nathaniel Essex. Of course, Kaine is the most distrustful of Madelyne and her intentions, but in his mind, he's just there to make sure this whole thing doesn't get out of hand --- especially where his "brother" Ben Reilly is concerned, even if Madelyne claims she's using her powers to heal the psychospiritual damage inflicted on Ben (and Ashley) by the Beyond Corporation's machinations.
    I'd read that.

-Pav, who thinks a series focused on Marvel clones could prove very interesting...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    thanks!

the irony of that very true statement, is that I've seen a few folks use Black Adam and Namor to sub for each other in their builds... and all this time, I thought it was the pointy ears
    ^^^the ears def. help yes!

It’s weird though, how BA’s ears seem to come and go at random.

I'm picturing a post-New Avengers team, headed up by Wolverine, when he was in every book Marvel published for a minute there... initially, he starts out Secret Avengers-style, recruiting mission-specific teams... but after 16 issues or so, he opts for a stable line-up, consisting of: two younger heroes, whom he intends to mentor; and a pair of powerful "loose cannons", whom he wants eyes on at all times. given his affiliations at the time, the title of the book and unofficial "name" of the team, would be Avengers Task Force... I'd probably even get snarky with it, call it "The ATF" as the in-story shorthand/acronym, and ask the cover artist to design a mock-up of the USA's ATF logo, replacing Alcohol with Avengers and so on...

anyway, as for the team itself...

in issue one, it looks like this:

Wolverine (Martian Manhunter - long-lived, heart-of-the-team type who has been on all the teams and mentored many of his next-generation peers)
    Winter Solider (Nightwing - the OG side-kick to the OG "peak human" superhero)
    Quicksilver (Flash - the premier Silver Age speedsters)
    Namor (Aquaman - kings of Atlantis)
    Kitty Pryde (Gypsy - younger "mentee" to the team leader's "mentor")

and by issue seventeen, it stabilizes to the following members:

Wolverine
    Cloak & Dagger (Gypsy & The Ray - gender-swap/role-reversal thing going there, and as a bonus, C & D were canonical Mutants at that point in publishing history)
    Joe Fixit (Despero/L-Ron merger - both characters are, essentially, alternate personalities of someone who has been a long-time enemy of the team leader)
    Sentry (Triumph - the "powerful, forgotten, mentally-unstable/loose-cannon hero" archetype)
    ^^^ this was fun to read!
    I laughed at your plans for an ATF logo, that’s funny af…

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    The Infinity Gems have proven time and time again that they are too dangerous to be allowed to exist. Now a group of heroes has gathered to destroy them and end the threat once and for all: a staff-wielding immortal, an exiled king, a hearty warrior, an agile bowman, a boisterous brawler, a selfless hero, a brave adventurer, a steadfast companion, and an impulsive hothead. Together, they are
    ^^^Oh damn this is really good.
    Can you IMAGINE how many characters this would put your team on the bad side of?!?

Astonishing Member

A Hitch Hikers Guide to The Galaxy Team

Arthur Dent- Spiderman
    Ford Prefect- Impossible man
    Zaphod- Bi Beast
    Marvin- The Vision- The colorless Joyless version
    Trillian- .Jackpot

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'd read that.

-Pav, who thinks a series focused on Marvel clones could prove very interesting...
    It sure could be. Thanks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    A Hitch Hikers Guide to The Galaxy Team

Arthur Dent- Spiderman
    Ford Prefect- Impossible man
    Zaphod- Bi Beast
    Marvin- The Vision- The colorless Joyless version
    Trillian- .Jackpot
    I haven’t thought of the Hitchhiker's Guide in so long!
    Great picks, too!

Astonishing Member

I haven’t thought of the Hitchhiker's Guide in so long!
    Great picks, too!
    Thank you so much!

A gender flipped version of the OG Thunderbolts called…

You may ask, is this supposed to be heroic team?
    Hell if I know. Some of these characters are pretty irredeemable.

MADAME MASQUE (Baron Zemo)
    Both characters are badass normals w. conniving minds and usually have plans within plans. They’ve each worn masks to hide disfigured faces. Zemo can trace his family back at least 13 generations. Not sure how far back MM can go but her dad, Count Nefaria, has had run ins w. The T-Bolts (and Avengers, and X-Men…).

JORO SPIDER (The Fixer)
    Joro’s ruthless (good second in command/dragon material), and an ex A.I.M. agent skilled at espionage. She’s at least smart enough to know what the best inventions are to steal, and her cybernetically controlled power enhancing exo-rig reminds me of Fixer’s cyber harness he used as Techno.

KLAW (Screaming Mimi)
    With a body made of solid sound and his prosthetic sound converter, Klaw can generate powerful sonic blasts, sonic force-fields, and create solid objects of pure sound. No mere thug, as a physicist and engineer specializing in the field of sonics, Klaw can use his powers to maximum effect and often takes opponents by surprise.

CRIMSON DYNAMO (The Beetle)
    While Beetle’s Mach-I armor called to mind a human fighter jet, Galina Nemirovskaya‘s armor is more of a tank. With a background in science, history, and warfare, Galina’s considered one of the best Crimson Dynamo operators ever. She seems to have defected to the U.S. w. classified Russian technology though, which prob. means someone’s gonna want to come and get it back.

WILL O’ THE WISP (Moonstone)
    There are enough similarities in the powersets of both characters to make me feel good about this choice. A scientist who gained his powers after a lab accident, WoW can fly, generate powerful energy bursts, increase/decrease his density for super strength/intangibility. He can use the light he creates in a strobe like manner to mesmerize people into performing certain simple acts.

MANKILLER (Atlas)
    A former professional skier turned career criminal, MK is one of those fun characters that pops up whenever bad guys are needed for a job. She really seems to enjoy her work and likes testing herself in combat. She’s super strong and invulnerable, and thanks to getting her hands on Pym particles she can now alter her size at Will.

A gender flipped version of the OG Thunderbolts called…

WILL O’ THE WISP (Moonstone)
    There are enough similarities in the powersets of both characters to make me feel good about this choice. A scientist who gained his powers after a lab accident, WoW can fly, generate powerful energy bursts, increase/decrease his density for super strength/intangibility. He can use the light he creates in a strobe like manner to mesmerize people into performing certain simple acts.
    nice, I had forgotten that character but remember liking his power set in the 80s Handbooks. never noticed the similarities to Moonstone prior to this.

Amazing Member

Weapon Plus

Since the Dawn of Super Powered Hero’s back in the times of old many super beings such as the likes of the super strong Ajax, Diomedes with his Magic Helmet and Shield, the power of Achilles, Finn McCool’s Wisdom, Cuchulainn’s “Warp Spasm” and others over the century’s after seeing them in action many have tried to make super powered humans to use as Weapons – Super People that have one purpose to kill and defend their Country or whatever they are told to do that dark legacy has shaped the Marvel Universe from Black Widow to Captain America. Under various names They have suppled super empowered fighters for years by using Various cults and groups to sell them to the highest bidder and shaping other programmes.

The Weapons have shaped wars such as the Crusades, the Hundred Years’ War, The Revolutionary War, Eighty Years’ War, Sino-Japanese War, World War 1, World War 2, and others that we never heard of.

They keep coming back no matter how many times they are taken out now they have a new plan.

Sell superpowers that is right for you and your Country for the right fee you will get the perfect national hero tailor made and they will work for you and be loyal to your country yes there will be team ups.
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 05-08-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    Weapon Plus

Since the Dawn of Super Powered Hero’s back in the times of old many super beings such as the likes of the super strong Ajax, Diomedes with his Magic Helmet and Shield, the power of Achilles, Finn McCool’s Wisdom, Cuchulainn’s “Warp Spasm” and others over the century’s after seeing them in action many have tried to make super powered humans to use as Weapons – Super People that have one purpose to kill and defend their Country or whatever they are told to do that dark legacy has shaped the Marvel Universe from Black Widow to Captain America. Under various names They have suppled super empowered fighters for years by using Various cults and groups to sell them to the highest bidder and shaping other programmes.

The Weapons have shaped wars such as the Crusades, the Hundred Years’ War, The Revolutionary War, Eighty Years’ War, Sino-Japanese War, World War 1, World War 2, and others that we never heard of.

They keep coming back no matter how many times they are taken out now they have a new plan.

Sell superpowers that is right for you and your Country for the right fee you will get the perfect national hero tailor made and they will work for you and be loyal to your country yes there will be team ups.
    That would be an awesome way to deepen and expand the lore behind Weapon Plus.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

nice, I had forgotten that character but remember liking his power set in the 80s Handbooks. never noticed the similarities to Moonstone prior to this.
    Ty, glad you saw the similarities! I was kinda reaching on that one…