Page 10 of 127 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

It gave it a certain 'weight', if that makes any sense, made it feel more like a machine that could, however implausibly, actually exist, and less like CGI magic.
    That’s exactly what I was getting at, yes. They did a really great job just building our suspension of disbelief.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I liked the more mechanical feel to it, before all the nano-whatever and floating components and shapeshifting weapons came into play in the later movies. It gave it a certain 'weight', if that makes any sense, made it feel more like a machine that could, however implausibly, actually exist, and less like CGI magic. For that reason, I've always been more partial to battlesuits like Mach V, kind of clunky and in-your-face mechanical, over skintight bodysuits like Guardian/Vindicator, which somehow contain the same level of tech, while wearing like spandex.
    Speaking of Guardian/Vindicator, I realized sometime ago that they were fairly similar to the Power Rangers in concept --- the suits may be technically spandex, but in-universe, they're wired with all kinds of internalized high-tech circuitry that enhances, augments, or supplements the wearers' physical abilities. I could also make a comparison with the MCU Spider-Man costumes, which are spandex in real life, but are explicitly designed in-universe with advanced circuitry and other tech that supplements Spider-Man's existing abilities. In the event that Alpha Flight gets adapted into the MCU, I could see the Guardian/Vindicator suits being designed similarly to the MCU Spider-Suits.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of Guardian/Vindicator, I realized sometime ago that they were fairly similar to the Power Rangers in concept --- the suits may be technically spandex, but in-universe, they're wired with all kinds of internalized high-tech circuitry that enhances, augments, or supplements the wearers' physical abilities. I could also make a comparison with the MCU Spider-Man costumes, which are spandex in real life, but are explicitly designed in-universe with advanced circuitry and other tech that supplements Spider-Man's existing abilities. In the event that Alpha Flight gets adapted into the MCU, I could see the Guardian/Vindicator suits being designed similarly to the MCU Spider-Suits.
    Even comics!Black Cat got into it, with how the Tinkerer designed her a catsuit with micro-servos lining under the leather that multiplied the exertion of Felicia's muscles to slightly enhance her strength (plus equilibrium-maintaining earrings and multi-spectrum contact lenses).
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Even comics!Black Cat got into it, with how the Tinkerer designed her a catsuit with micro-servos lining under the leather that multiplied the exertion of Felicia's muscles to slightly enhance her strength (plus equilibrium-maintaining earrings and multi-spectrum contact lenses).
    In retrospect, that would make sense compared to the 90s animated series making her a Captain America-style super-soldier. As far as I can recall of her suit in the comics, it augments her strength to "peak human" levels and her speed and agility to an indeterminate "enhanced human" level. And yeah, on the other side of comics, the strength-boosting micro-servos were also used in the future Batsuit from Batman Beyond.

Marvel's Secret Six

Thunderball - Takes the role of Bane as the big guy with a bigger brain than you'd think.

Titania - takes Knockout's role as a super strong redhead woman.

Lady Deathstrike - takes Scandal Savage's place as the claw wielder with a healing factor.

Kraven - takes Catman's place as the hunter.

Bullseye - the Deadshot stand in.

Songbird - the woman with a sonic cry.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-29-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel's Secret Six

Thunderball - Takes the role of Bane as the big guy with a bigger brain than you'd think.

Titania - takes Knockout's role as a super strong redhead woman.

Lady Deathstrike - takes Scandal Savage's place as the claw wielder with a healing factor.

Kraven - takes Catman's place as the hunter.

Bullseye - the Deadshot stand in.

Songbird - the woman with a sonic cry.
    That sounds like a formidable and scary team. Would Songbird be leading them, by any chance?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

But that would make Titania and Lady Deathstrike.....do tell more. Is even a minimal hint of attraction between Deathstrike and Titania feasible to maintain the Scandal-Knockout parallels?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

But that would make Titania and Lady Deathstrike.....do tell more. Is even a minimal hint of attraction between Deathstrike and Titania feasible to maintain the Scandal-Knockout parallels?
    Would be nice, but she's happily married to Absorbing Man and both of them are currently aligned with Gamma Flight as organized by the former Sasquatch, Walter Langkowski, last time I checked.

I considered doing that but I'll just stick to them being team mates. Doesn't mean something can't happen between Deathstrike or Songbird though.

That sounds like a formidable and scary team. Would Songbird be leading them, by any chance?
    I was thinking of making Thunderball the leader but now that I consider it, Songbird has more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I considered doing that but I'll just stick to them being team mates. Doesn't mean something can't happen between Deathstrike or Songbird though.

I was thinking of making Thunderball the leader but now that I consider it, Songbird has more experience.
    Maybe Thunderball and Songbird as co-leaders, if that helps.

Maybe Thunderball and Songbird as co-leaders, if that helps.
    Yeah, that could work.

Hmmm. Due to the lock on 2019 threads and bumps of their replacements, there are a couple of places i could post this, and choose this because it has the most responses of those choices. Plus, it's inspired by a post on it's DC sister posting.

Anyway...

I thought a (non-Squadron Sinister) Marvel villain team based on the JLA might be fun.

Currently I'm thinking:

Count Nefaria = Superman
    Taskmaster = Batman
    Titania = Wonder Woman
    Black Racer = Flash (Speed Demon seemed like a cheat, since he was made for the Squadron Sinister)
    Lightmaster = Green Lantern
    Tiger Shark = Aquaman
    Super Skrull = Martian Manhunter
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Night Thrasher
    Ironheart
    Kid Nova
    Miles Morales
    White Tiger
    Power Man

These are a few of the recruits. Thrash is mostly training and setting up their headquarters. This would form once the younger heroes are outlawed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    THE ZODIAC

Aries (Shingen Harada)
    Taurus (Dario Agger)
    Gemini (The Strucker twins)
    Cancer (Ezekiel Stane)
    Leo (Imus Champion)
    Virgo (Dr. Deidra Wentworth)
    Libra (Janice Lincoln)
    Scorpio (redacted)
    Sagittarius (Darren Cross)
    Capricorn (Kashmir Vennema)
    Aquarius (Sinclair Abbott)
    Pisces (Sunset Bain)
    Sheesh, I have no idea who most of these characters are!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.