Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1938

Damn, you guys have been rolling!
    It’s great to finally have time to read all these.

The Defending X-Men…:

The leader, the brute, the aristocrat, the space traveler, the warrior, the rich guy (with wings), the cat.

The Defenders of Las Vegas…:

DOCTOR DRUID
    The Doc has finally found his calling. In Las Vegas his “magic act” is going over like gangbusters, and he sells out 8-10 shows a week on the Strip, which is totally making him rich. Still, that old superhero itch flares up once in a while.

ARKON
    The Warrior King’s finally found a place on Earth where his Royal status (and tons of gold) gets him the respect he deserves. It took some convincing to get him to help out w. the team, but really, a threat to the city is, indirectly, a threat to him, and Arkon does not abide threats.

JOE FIXIT
    Joe’s boss Mr. Berengetti also sees Las Vegas getting destroyed as bad business, and directs Joe to run w. the team and keep them…honest.

JACK OF HEARTS
    Tired of his extended stay in space, Jack returns to Earth, moves to Las Vegas and…hires an agent. With his powers and playing card motif Jack sets up in a very Booster Gold Kind of way, picking up lucrative endorsement deals and selling merchandise hand over fist, capturing the occasional bad guy for the cameras. Imagine his surprise when an actual city level threat rears its head.

THUNDRA
    It took some convincing on Thundra’s part, to get her man Arkon to join her on the team. With him on extended vacation (exiled to Earth) she’s loathe to relocate. She rather likes Las Vegas and so will help protect it.

THE HUMAN FLY
    A Las Vegas icon, The Fly’s been putting on shows, performing stunts, and conducting super heroics there since the seventies, how, no one knows.

JACKPOT
    As she constantly plays both sides of the law against eachother, judging the odds is kind of Jackpot’s thing, and odds are these new “super friends” of hers will come in handy down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

DOCTOR DRUID
    The Doc has finally found his calling. In Las Vegas his “magic act” is going over like gangbusters, and he sells out 8-10 shows a week on the Strip, which is totally making him rich. Still, that old superhero itch flares up once in a while.

ARKON
    The Warrior King’s finally found a place on Earth where his Royal status (and tons of gold) gets him the respect he deserves. It took some convincing to get him to help out w. the team, but really, a threat to the city is, indirectly, a threat to him, and Arkon does not abide threats.

JOE FIXIT
    Joe’s boss Mr. Berengetti also sees Las Vegas getting destroyed as bad business, and directs Joe to run w. the team and keep them…honest.

JACK OF HEARTS
    Tired of his extended stay in space, Jack returns to Earth, moves to Las Vegas and…hires an agent. With his powers and playing card motif Jack sets up in a very Booster Gold Kind of way, picking up lucrative endorsement deals and selling merchandise hand over fist, capturing the occasional bad guy for the cameras. Imagine his surprise when an actual city level threat rears its head.

THUNDRA
    It took some convincing on Thundra’s part, to get her man Arkon to join her on the team. With him on extended vacation (exiled to Earth) she’s loathe to relocate. She rather likes Las Vegas and so will help protect it.

THE HUMAN FLY
    A Las Vegas icon, The Fly’s been putting on shows, performing stunts, and conducting super heroics there since the seventies, how, no one knows.

JACKPOT
    As she constantly plays both sides of the law against eachother, judging the odds is kind of Jackpot’s thing, and odds are these new “super friends” of hers will come in handy down the road.
    Clever as usual!

gender-flipped version of the OG, 1975 Champions

WINTER SOLDIER (Widow) pretty obvious connections here...

VALKYRIE (Hercules) Olympian while male warrior/Asgardian black female warrior

SNOWBIRD (Angel) winged motif and a tendency to be underestimated by antagonists

CRYSTAL (Iceman) Crystal has always had a sort of naive sense of wonderment toward earth, that aloof semi-innocence makes her a good stand-in for Bobby. not to mention her powers and the whole Inhuman/Mutants thing

RACHEL GREY (Ghost Rider) was originally going to use Kushala, but then I realized Rachel is GR-esque, in the sense that her general fire/flame-motif and power boost from the Phoenix are both akin to the Ghost Riders - fire/flame motif, and their powers also come from an external, immensely powerful entity (in their case, Zarathos)

not to toot my own horn, but I think this team in the modern era would be a far more interesting read than the 1975 characters would, just sayin'
    Last edited by Aarkus; 12-30-2023 at 06:05 PM.

gender flipped New Warriors:

FRAKTUR (Nova) *Maklu'an member of the Nova Corps

KRANG (Namorita) *Atlantean Warlord - ^^their mutual characteristics could be the basis for an attraction to develop here^^

WARBIRD III (Darkhawk) *Sh'iar connection, winged motif

MONET (Speedball) M's seriousness is the antithesis of Speedball's goofiness, but, they do both have pasts in the alternate guise of Penance....

LUMINOUS (Justice) *since M already has telekinesis, a super-speed chaos-witch seemed like an appropriate power-substitution here. she has the whole blue-white visual motif going as well

SUNFIRE (Firestar) *duh

COLLEN WING (Rage) *a disciplined, martial-artist, zen-like yin to Rage's unbridled, furious "fists first, questions later" yang

VIV VISION (Night Thrasher) *this one might cause you to scratch your head, until you realize that both characters are skilled fighters, hackers, and have a good deal of resistance to telepathy, albeit for different reasons

ARANA (Scarlett Spider) *again, duh. would like to see Anya return to her black and white outfit

I feel like being around all these other powerful women, would probably give both Krang and Sunfire a bit of a complex to deal with... lol

a fun reason for this team to exist: Fraktur has discovered that her long-lost cousin, Fin Fang Foom, resides somewhere on earth, and she wants to find him. she has also learned that a lowly earth-man - i.e. The Mandarin - has been using a handful of Maklu'an artifacts rather recklessly. she wants to reclaim her people's technology from him, and reasons the best way to do this would be with help from a lesser-known team of earth heroes, who can fly somewhat under the radar with her on these missions
    Last edited by Aarkus; 12-30-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    gender flipped New Warriors:

FRAKTUR (Nova) *Maklu'an member of the Nova Corps

KRANG (Namorita) *Atlantean Warlord - ^^their mutual characteristics could be the basis for an attraction to develop here^^

WARBIRD III (Darkhawk) *Sh'iar connection, winged motif

MONET (Speedball) M's seriousness is the antithesis of Speedball's goofiness, but, they do both have pasts in the alternate guise of Penance....

LUMINOUS (Justice) *since M already has telekinesis, a super-speed chaos-witch seemed like an appropriate power-substitution here. she has the whole blue-white visual motif going as well

SUNFIRE (Firestar) *duh

COLLEN WING (Rage) *a disciplined, martial-artist, zen-like yin to Rage's unbridled, furious "fists first, questions later" yang

VIV VISION (Night Thrasher) *this one might cause you to scratch your head, until you realize that both characters are skilled fighters, hackers, and have a good deal of resistance to telepathy, albeit for different reasons

ARANA (Scarlett Spider) *again, duh. would like to see Anya return to her black and white outfit

I feel like being around all these other powerful women, would probably give both Krang and Sunfire a bit of a complex to deal with... lol

a fun reason for this team to exist: Fraktur has discovered that her long-lost cousin, Fin Fang Foom, resides somewhere on earth, and she wants to find him. she has also learned that a lowly earth-man - i.e. The Mandarin - has been using a handful of Maklu'an artifacts rather recklessly. she wants to reclaim her people's technology from him, and reasons the best way to do this would be with help from a lesser-known team of earth heroes, who can fly somewhat under the radar with her on these missions
    I kinda like the idea of this team. It's a nice variety with a sort of core idea to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I kinda like the idea of this team. It's a nice variety with a sort of core idea to play with.
    ^^^I feel the same!

I also liked the Champions line up. Unexpectedly powerful!

My take on the Nineties Avengers, as Cap puts together a less powerful more street level team after losing most of his heavy hitters (Herc, Sersi, Crystal, Black Knight…) due to a big shake up.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    It’s not the first time he’s had to start from scratch. Cap is actually pretty good at this.

FALCON
    Awful costume, but a great friendship. The Falcon will always be there when Cap needs him.

VISION
    The synthezoid thought it was logical to stay and help Cap rebuild the team. He even suggested Cap recruit…

SCARLET WITCH
    Wanda’s been doing her own thing and keeping her distance from her ex, Vision. It’s damn hard to say no to Cap, though.

NOVA
    By this point Nova’s been a New Warrior a while now. But a chance to be an Avenger? Yeah he’s taking that opportunity no doubt.

LUKE CAGE
    Only recently cleared of murder charges, Cage is debating whether or not to go back to his blue & yellow look.

IRON FIST
    Just now back from the dead, Iron Fist is trying to figure out how he feels about that, and is intent on rebuilding his friendship w. Luke Cage.

The Defending X-Men…:

The leader, the brute, the aristocrat, the space traveler, the warrior, the rich guy (with wings), the cat.
    Cool team!

Happy New Year 2024 to you Riv! and to the other fans on here.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

DOCTOR DRUID

ARKON

JOE FIXIT

JACK OF HEARTS

THUNDRA

THE HUMAN FLY

JACKPOT
    I like Thundra, Arkon and Dr Druid as members!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Cool team!

Happy New Year 2024 to you Riv! and to the other fans on here.
    ^^^Thanks! And happy new year!!!

I like Thundra, Arkon and Dr Druid as members!
    ^^^Me too, I think Arkon and Thundra are a good couple, and Dr. D has been the butt of so many jokes he could use a comeback!

^^^Thanks! And happy new year!!!

^^^Me too, I think Arkon and Thundra are a good couple, and Dr. D has been the butt of so many jokes he could use a comeback!
    I agree with Arkon and Thundra.

Yeah, poor Dr D, lol. Well, his original look probably inspired those jokes. I like the hooded pic you showed.

I agree with Arkon and Thundra.

Yeah, poor Dr D, lol. Well, his original look probably inspired those jokes. I like the hooded pic you showed.
    ^^^haha, yes! He can look cool when drawn right, but mostly he’s never been drawn right!

My take on the Nineties Avengers, as Cap puts together a less powerful more street level team after losing most of his heavy hitters (Herc, Sersi, Crystal, Black Knight…) due to a big shake up.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    It’s not the first time he’s had to start from scratch. Cap is actually pretty good at this.

FALCON
    Awful costume, but a great friendship. The Falcon will always be there when Cap needs him.

VISION
    The synthezoid thought it was logical to stay and help Cap rebuild the team. He even suggested Cap recruit…

SCARLET WITCH
    Wanda’s been doing her own thing and keeping her distance from her ex, Vision. It’s damn hard to say no to Cap, though.

NOVA
    By this point Nova’s been a New Warrior a while now. But a chance to be an Avenger? Yeah he’s taking that opportunity no doubt.

LUKE CAGE
    Only recently cleared of murder charges, Cage is debating whether or not to go back to his blue & yellow look.

IRON FIST
    Just now back from the dead, Iron Fist is trying to figure out how he feels about that, and is intent on rebuilding his friendship w. Luke Cage.
    funny enough, Wanda, Rich and Luke would be powerful enough to effectively replace Sersi, Crystal and Hercules anyway. Rich pretty much has Hercules strength levels, as well as Sersi's energy manipulation and telekinesis. Wanda covers Sersi's telepathy and transmutation abilities, along with Crystal's elemental skills and then some. with Cage there to back them up, your version doesn't even lose much in terms of raw power the way I see it.

Having Danny there is a nice nod to Black Widow's brief membership in an earlier iteration of that team, Rich is a nice nod to Quasar's brief tenure, Cage is a nice nod to She-Hulk's brief tenure... I don't think you really nerfed the team at all lol! in fact, your members are probably even more powerful than their predecessors, just with a slightly different distribution of overall power level! haha
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-05-2024 at 03:42 AM.