Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Night Thrasher
    Ironheart
    Kid Nova
    Miles Morales
    White Tiger
    Power Man

These are a few of the recruits. Thrash is mostly training and setting up their headquarters. This would form once the younger heroes are outlawed
    I like that setup. A newer New Warriors, perhaps?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Hmmm. Due to the lock on 2019 threads and bumps of their replacements, there are a couple of places i could post this, and choose this because it has the most responses of those choices. Plus, it's inspired by a post on it's DC sister posting.

Anyway...

I thought a (non-Squadron Sinister) Marvel villain team based on the JLA might be fun.

Currently I'm thinking:

Count Nefaria = Superman
    Taskmaster = Batman
    Titania = Wonder Woman
    Black Racer = Flash (Speed Demon seemed like a cheat, since he was made for the Squadron Sinister)
    Lightmaster = Green Lantern
    Tiger Shark = Aquaman
    Super Skrull = Martian Manhunter
    Thanks for the Bump, edpower...-thumbs up-
    I kinda let this one peter out, as I started posting Marvel builds in your Ersatz Team thread. This is like a circle of life thing but completely different!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that setup. A newer New Warriors, perhaps?
    that's kind of the idea. i wasn't sure about calling them the 'New Warriors.' wasn't sure if the name had any cache nowadays. but they'd operate a lot like Counterforce did during Dark Reign.

EDIT... maybe they could just be the New Outlaws.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-08-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Sheesh, I have no idea who most of these characters are!
    and they like it that way. their influence in the Marvel Universe is mostly unseen but they'd also be the power behind a lot of the supervillain attacks.

Aries (Shingen Harada) aka the latest Silver Samurai (was aligned with the Hellfire Club, has his own iron man-esque armor, & presumably a ton of money)

Taurus (Dario Agger) aka the Minotaur (runs ROXXON and has been a general nuisance in Thor's book)

Gemini (The Strucker twins) Wolfgang von Strucker's test tube kids

Cancer (Ezekiel Stane) aka Obadiah Stane's son and techno-anarchist

Leo (Imus Champion) he's a large framed business tycoon who once solo'd the Avengers (Thor included) & Squadron Supreme (Hyperion included)with prep time in an annual

Virgo (Dr. Deidra Wentworth) aka Superia (the Captain America villain & one of A.I.M's high council)

Libra (Janice Lincoln) aka the newest Beetle (Tombstone's daughter who recently organized her own Sinister Six)
    Scorpio (redacted)

Sagittarius (Darren Cross) aka Yellowjacket (Ant-Man's first official rogue)

Capricorn (Kashmir Vennema) she's the head of Vennema Multiversal which means that she's a villainess in several dimensions - mostly a captain america villain - she has also led her own faction of A.I.M

Aquarius (Sinclair Abbott) aka Spymaster (he's the guy that murdered Happy Hogan)

Pisces (Sunset Bain) aka Madame Menace (of Machine Man fame & one of the current antagonists of Iron Man's run)

that's kind of the idea. i wasn't sure about calling them the 'New Warriors.' wasn't sure if the name had any cache nowadays. but they'd operate a lot like Counterforce did during Dark Reign.
    Counter-Force might work, especially if they're supposed to be a counterweight to the shadier or darker aspects of what's currently happening in the Marvel Universe. That aside, there's always a cache for 90s nostalgia, never mind the likes of the Avengers getting on their high horses about the New Warriors when a number of their own have been responsible for even worse catastrophes and been allowed back into the ranks.

and they like it that way. their influence in the Marvel Universe is mostly unseen but they'd also be the power behind a lot of the supervillain attacks.

Aries (Shingen Harada) aka the latest Silver Samurai (was aligned with the Hellfire Club, has his own iron man-esque armor, & presumably a ton of money)

Taurus (Dario Agger) aka the Minotaur (runs ROXXON and has been a general nuisance in Thor's book)

Gemini (The Strucker twins) Wolfgang von Strucker's test tube kids

Cancer (Ezekiel Stane) aka Obadiah Stane's son and techno-anarchist

Leo (Imus Champion) he's a large framed business tycoon who once solo'd the Avengers (Thor included) & Squadron Supreme (Hyperion included)with prep time in an annual

Virgo (Dr. Deidra Wentworth) aka Superia (the Captain America villain & one of A.I.M's high council)

Libra (Janice Lincoln) aka the newest Beetle (Tombstone's daughter who recently organized her own Sinister Six)
    Scorpio (redacted)

Sagittarius (Darren Cross) aka Yellowjacket (Ant-Man's first official rogue)

Capricorn (Kashmir Vennema) she's the head of Vennema Multiversal which means that she's a villainess in several dimensions - mostly a captain america villain - she has also led her own faction of A.I.M

Aquarius (Sinclair Abbott) aka Spymaster (he's the guy that murdered Happy Hogan)

Pisces (Sunset Bain) aka Madame Menace (of Machine Man fame & one of the current antagonists of Iron Man's run)
    I like your outline of your concept for the Zodiac, though I'd add that Dario Agger is currently the main antagonist of Immortal Hulk, unapologetically representing capitalism at its worst and symbolizing the very corruption in the human society that Hulk/Banner aims to bring down. I could see him taking charge of this Zodiac out of sheer brazen nerve.

Marvel's Global Guardians

Falcon (U.S.A)

Talisman (Canada)

Darkstar/Reena Stanicoff (Russia)

Bengal (Vietnam)

Idie (Nigeria)

Aero (China)

Hercules (Greece)

Gamora and the Saving Graces.

From what I can see Gamora won't be in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy comic so I think this frees her up to be in her own team of space-faring mercenaries.

Gamora

Nebula

Frankie Raye

Mantis

Lyja

Praxagora

Counter-Force might work, especially if they're supposed to be a counterweight to the shadier or darker aspects of what's currently happening in the Marvel Universe. That aside, there's always a cache for 90s nostalgia, never mind the likes of the Avengers getting on their high horses about the New Warriors when a number of their own have been responsible for even worse catastrophes and been allowed back into the ranks.

I like your outline of your concept for the Zodiac, though I'd add that Dario Agger is currently the main antagonist of Immortal Hulk, unapologetically representing capitalism at its worst and symbolizing the very corruption in the human society that Hulk/Banner aims to bring down. I could see him taking charge of this Zodiac out of sheer brazen nerve.
    he is kind of top dog right now. there isn't an official leader in this particular group; just people jockeying to be have their goals get priority. Roxxon gives Dario a little more pull. they might all be being played by Scorpio. wasn't sure who i wanted to fill that role; maybe the new Kraken.

At the end of The Twelve, Mastermnd Excello set up a private security firm and enlisted the Phanton Detective and (the original) Black Widow as operatives. If you added detectives Spider Woman and Hanibal King as additional operatives, I think you'd have a nifty team.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Secret Invaders:

Black Panther (Azzuri)
    The Aviatrix
    Gabe Jones
    Namora
    John Aman
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

he is kind of top dog right now. there isn't an official leader in this particular group; just people jockeying to be have their goals get priority. Roxxon gives Dario a little more pull. they might all be being played by Scorpio. wasn't sure who i wanted to fill that role; maybe the new Kraken.
    Hmm, that might work, and the new Kraken was the one from Secret Empire, right? They ever reveal who he was?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

From what I can see Gamora won't be in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy comic so I think this frees her up to be in her own team of space-faring mercenaries.

Gamora

Nebula

Frankie Raye

Mantis

Lyja

Praxagora
    Ooh, Frankie Raye and Lyja on the same team. That promises some spice. Or some lowkey Johnny Storm shade-throwing.

Have to look up Praxagora, though. Not familiar with that one.

I want a team with Moondragon, Frankie Raye, Phyla Vell, 'Her'/Paragon and say, Sersi. Serious women with serious power, ready to throw down some cosmic whupping. Save Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Beta Ray Bill and / or Nova for the boy's cosmic team.

Marvel's Global Guardians

Falcon (U.S.A)

Talisman (Canada)

Darkstar/Reena Stanicoff (Russia)

Bengal (Vietnam)

Idie (Nigeria)

Aero (China)

Hercules (Greece)
    ^^^Wow, that’s a nice, clean line up is how I want to describe it. This team could go all over and have all sorts of villains to fight.

Gamora

Nebula

Frankie Raye

Mantis

Lyja

Praxagora
    ^^^This? This has such great potential!
    And like Sutekh said...:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, Frankie Raye and Lyja on the same team. That promises some spice. Or some lowkey Johnny Storm shade-throwing.

Hmm, that might work, and the new Kraken was the one from Secret Empire, right? They ever reveal who he was?
    they didn't. and that allows any other writer to do something special with him.

i'm expecting it to happen at some point. but there really should be a team of mutants who are not krakoans (either by choice or because they aren't welcome). I could see characters like Gypsy Moth, Whirlwind, Solaar (he'd have to be resurrected 1st of course), etc forming a team simply for strength in numbers. there are just some mutants who have never felt all that connected to the x-verse. i don't see the emergence of Krakoa changing that. i don't have a concrete idea for a lineup. so it's whoever you'd like to see basically...

who's your 'Emissaries of Evil?'

Whirlwind (Dave Cannon)
    Gypsy Moth (Sybil Dvorak)
    Mandrill (Jerome Beechman)
    Solaar (Silas King)
    Typhoid Mary (Mary Walker)
    etc...