Page 113 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1954
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Hobie Brown. Back in his Prowler identity. Frenzy. As smart as she is fast, strong, and invulnerable. Comanche. An archer, a bladesmith, and a motormouth. Mr. Fish. Nobody laughs at Mr. Fish! Blur. Super speedster from a reality that no longer exists.
    I like this team. Could be some very interesting interpersonal dynamics there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like this team. Could be some very interesting interpersonal dynamics there.
    ^^^Thank you!

The hardest part was actually coming up w. a name for the team.

Was reading the "Heroes Reborn Avengers" thread just now and was thinking about how the best way to do an Avengers team is to have a solid mix of characters with their own books and characters without, so you can still have character growth within the team title unimpacted by the solo books. Taking that idea to the extreme, here's a team of previous Avengers members who've never had their own solo title, either in the Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, whatever. And we're talking having headlined their own series, mini, or one-shot, so a solo story in, say, an anthology book doesn't disqualify them. I'm mainly looking at the main Avengers team, regardless of how it was known at the time, not any of the tangential off-shoots like Avengers A.I. or even Uncanny Avengers. Times when there were two existing main teams, like New Avengers/Mighty Avengers or East Coast/West Coast, are allowed.

The team is:

Stingray - Stingray has been on the Avengers periphery for a long time, originally as a staff member but then as a regular reserve member at any big "all hands on deck" gathering. It's time for him to join the team full-time as he fills the role of team scientist, as well as wearing a suit that makes him an asset even away from the water. He's also the elder statesman here, with most of the other members still being in their twenties to early thirties (if not younger).

Lionheart - The resident warrior type, Lionheart brings the more regal and dry British air to the line-up, with a foot firmly in the mystical world. She's also representative of a slightly more international vibe with this line-up and stands alone as the sole Chuck Austen contribution to Avengers lore that doesn't completely suck, which in and of itself is an accomplishment.

Manifold - Since his debut in Secret Warriors, Manifold has become a solid utility player, bouncing between Avengers books and X-titles. With the X-Men universe restructuring, he should return to an Avengers line-up greatly downsized from his previous tenure, giving him and his powers a chance to shine.

Firebird - Much like Stingray, Firebird has always been more of an "official associate" of the team than a full member, though she has had a bit more action as a reservist. Though mainly associated with the Rangers, she's gotten some spotlight moments in more Avengers-leaning titles that proves her deserving to be a full-fledged member of the main team.

Justice - Arguably the most "superhero-ish" of the team, Justice made his bones with the New Warriors before taking on a position with the Avengers. He's since really exemplified what it is to be an Avenger, even as he's found himself in a teacher role at Avengers Academy, leading a resistance against the Initiative, even toying with bringing the New Warriors back. He'd wind up taking the leadership position here, doubting himself all the way but proving himself when it really counts. Bonus: his future as Vance Astro of the Guardians provides lots of potential storylines here.

Silverclaw - Despite barely being used since Busiek left the book and ranging between a "love/hate" character and utter apathy, Silverclaw brings a unique powerset to the group and a fresh outlook, still being the most rookie of the members at time of assembly. Also, of all the members, she probably has the ability to be explored and expanded on the most, given her limited usage. Perfect opportunity to turn her into a potential fan favorite.

Mantis - Mantis has come a long way since her initial Avengers membership, and is likely the best-known (if not most popular) member due to the Guardians movies. She checks the boxes of having strong connections to intergalactic goings-on, being the undisputed hand-to-hand fighter of the group, and would be on the other side of Justice as far as mental abilities go, with her focus on telepathy versus telekinesis, with precog powers allowing her to direct the team towards their next mission.

Demolition Man - How can anyone not love this guy at this point? Despite a pretty simple power set that makes him a C-level brick of the group, Demolition Man is still the ultimate dark horse, the ultimate wildcard, the ultimate survivor of anything the insanity of the MCU throws at him. From being a professional wrestler to being homeless to having been killed and brought back twice, D-Man will provide a broad, full-hearted, borderline comical spark in a line-up that admittedly has a number of somewhat contemplative or pensive figures.

There you go! Pretty sure I did my due diligence but let me know if I'm wrong on any of these.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-07-2024 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Was reading the "Heroes Reborn Avengers" thread just now and was thinking about how the best way to do an Avengers team is to have a solid mix of characters with their own books and characters without, so you can still have character growth within the team title unimpacted by the solo books. Taking that idea to the extreme, here's a team of previous Avengers members who've never had their own solo title, either in the Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, whatever. And we're talking having headlined their own series, mini, or one-shot, so a solo story in, say, an anthology book doesn't disqualify them. I'm mainly looking at the main Avengers team, regardless of how it was known at the time, not any of the tangential off-shoots like Avengers A.I. or even Uncanny Avengers. Times when there were two existing main teams, like New Avengers/Mighty Avengers or East Coast/West Coast, are allowed.

The team is:

Stingray - Stingray has been on the Avengers periphery for a long time, originally as a staff member but then as a regular reserve member at any big "all hands on deck" gathering. It's time for him to join the team full-time as he fills the role of team scientist, as well as wearing a suit that makes him an asset even away from the water. He's also the elder statesman here, with most of the other members still being in their twenties to early thirties (if not younger).

Lionheart - The resident warrior type, Lionheart brings the more regal and dry British air to the line-up, with a foot firmly in the mystical world. She's also representative of a slightly more international vibe with this line-up and stands alone as the sole Chuck Austen contribution to Avengers lore that doesn't completely suck, which in and of itself is an accomplishment.

Manifold - Since his debut in Secret Warriors, Manifold has become a solid utility player, bouncing between Avengers books and X-titles. With the X-Men universe restructuring, he should return to an Avengers line-up greatly downsized from his previous tenure, giving him and his powers a chance to shine.

Firebird - Much like Stingray, Firebird has always been more of an "official associate" of the team than a full member, though she has had a bit more action as a reservist. Though mainly associated with the Rangers, she's gotten some spotlight moments in more Avengers-leaning titles that proves her deserving to be a full-fledged member of the main team.

Justice - Arguably the most "superhero-ish" of the team, Justice made his bones with the New Warriors before taking on a position with the Avengers. He's since really exemplified what it is to be an Avenger, even as he's found himself in a teacher role at Avengers Academy, leading a resistance against the Initiative, even toying with bringing the New Warriors back. He'd wind up taking the leadership position here, doubting himself all the way but proving himself when it really counts. Bonus: his future as Vance Astro of the Guardians provides lots of potential storylines here.

Silverclaw - Despite barely being used since Busiek left the book and ranging between a "love/hate" character and utter apathy, Silverclaw brings a unique powerset to the group and a fresh outlook, still being the most rookie of the members at time of assembly. Also, of all the members, she probably has the ability to be explored and expanded on the most, given her limited usage. Perfect opportunity to turn her into a potential fan favorite.

Mantis - Mantis has come a long way since her initial Avengers membership, and is likely the best-known (if not most popular) member due to the Guardians movies. She checks the boxes of having strong connections to intergalactic goings-on, being the undisputed hand-to-hand fighter of the group, and would be on the other side of Justice as far as mental abilities go, with her focus on telepathy versus telekinesis, with precog powers allowing her to direct the team towards their next mission.

Demolition Man - How can anyone not love this guy at this point? Despite a pretty simple power set that makes him a C-level brick of the group, Demolition Man is still the ultimate dark horse, the ultimate wildcard, the ultimate survivor of anything the insanity of the MCU throws at him. From being a professional wrestler to being homeless to having been killed and brought back twice, D-Man will provide a broad, full-hearted, borderline comical spark in a line-up that admittedly has a number of somewhat contemplative or pensive figures.

There you go! Pretty sure I did my due diligence but let me know if I'm wrong on any of these.
    ^^^I got just two words for you, Kaijudo.

Son of a bitch that was great!

And now for something completely unnecessary, the new Ultimates which function as a metahuman think tank, and are set up as a family unit of sorts.

Blue Marvel and Photon as the awesome “parents”.
    Prodigy And Iron Heart as the always competing “siblings”.
    Moon Girl as the precocious “kid sister”.
    Centennial as the crotchety old “grampa”.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

The team is:

I like many of the characters on this team!

^^^I got just two words for you, Kaijudo.

Son of a bitch that was great!
    Hahaha, yes it was!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

And now for something completely unnecessary, the new Ultimates which function as a metahuman think tank, and are set up as a family unit of sorts.

Cool idea!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Cool idea!
    ^^^Thanks!
    I figure DC doesn’t have a monopoly on the Marvel Family.

Or do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Cool idea!
    ^^^Thanks!
    I figure DC doesn’t have a monopoly on the Marvel Family.

Or do they?
    No, I don't think they have a monopoly on the basic concept. That said, excellent idea there.

All-New Member

I could see David and Lunella really getting along, her all energy and enthusiasm and him encouraging her, while Riri is jealous/angry that she's not the smartest in the room.

reminds me a bit of the Future Foundation version of the FF as well... but going with the Marvel family vibe, wouldn't Devil Dino also be here, in the spirit of the Talking Tiger (or whatever he's called lol)?

No, I don't think they have a monopoly on the basic concept. That said, excellent idea there.
    ^^^I can already imagine myself hanging up the framed cease & desist order in my man cave!

Quote Originally Posted by anansi View Post
    I could see David and Lunella really getting along, her all energy and enthusiasm and him encouraging her, while Riri is jealous/angry that she's not the smartest in the room.
    ^^^There'd def. be an adjustment period. Kind of like how early eps of The Brady Bunch focused on the kids all feuding w. each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    …wouldn't Devil Dino also be here, in the spirit of the Talking Tiger (or whatever he's called lol)?
    ^^^I was hoping someone would ask!
    DD would for sure be there, as the “family pet”.

I even have a story idea that would involve some dimension hopping, landing everyone on DD’s home world (Earth-78411). On the way back to Earth-616 though, he’d be replaced by the evil version of himself from Earth-63163.

We’d have the good DD trying desperately to get back home while the evil DD tried to hide his identity from the Marvel Family while plotting against them!

Cool team. Which Patriot are you going with, if I may ask?

You're welcome, and I'm hoping she wasn't a casualty of the inciting incident leading to Civil War.
    Oh, I guess I was thinking about the younger, former Young Avenger, Eli Bradley. But I'm thinking the former The Crew Patriot could be interesting, too. lol.

^^^I can already imagine myself hanging up the framed cease & desist order in my man cave!

^^^There'd def. be an adjustment period. Kind of like how early eps of The Brady Bunch focused on the kids all feuding w. each other.

^^^I was hoping someone would ask!
    DD would for sure be there, as the “family pet”.

I even have a story idea that would involve some dimension hopping, landing everyone on DD’s home world (Earth-78411). On the way back to Earth-616 though, he’d be replaced by the evil version of himself from Earth-63163.

We’d have the good DD trying desperately to get back home while the evil DD tried to hide his identity from the Marvel Family while plotting against them!
    Wait...there is a good dinosaur and a bad one?

....And the bad one likes silk scarves and robes, while sipping champagne and holding a gun???? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Oh, I guess I was thinking about the younger, former Young Avenger, Eli Bradley. But I'm thinking the former The Crew Patriot could be interesting, too. lol.
    Josiah X, who was the uncle of Eli Bradley? Yeah, either of them would be great to see come back. At least the recent Marvel's Voices was good on the Eli front, though I would still clamor for Josiah X's return.