Page 119 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1904

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ha, good one! Great one, even!
    ^^^I wanted to field the most arrogant team possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I wanted to field the most arrogant team possible!
    Where’s Northstar?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

A throwback Initiative team for when Marvel was in the midst of their Skrull invasion, based out of Washington State…:

• With 28,000 miles of shorelines, team leader Namor has easy ocean access, and has a contingent of Atlantean troops stationed nearby ready to deploy at a moment’s notice.

• Quicksilver likes to boast that he can cover the whole of Washington all by himself.

• Gladiator’s on loan from the Shi’ar Empire, as no matter the current political climate between them and Earth, the Skrulls annexing such a pivotal planet is not something they want.

• Moondragon doesn’t really want to be back on Earth, but she knows the planet’s heroes would lose badly to the Skrulls without her.

• Quentin Quire is just counting the days until he takes charge of the team.

• Monet must have lost some kind of bet to be slumming in this backwoods State, but she’ll do what’s required of her.

Now, the team doesn’t have particular codename or anything, but behind their backs, The Avengers, FF, etc. refer to them as…THE POMPOSITY.
    so many thoughts here. I always thought Gladiator and Moondragon would be fun as teammates on a cosmic team, but putting them on earth is its own kind of genius.... something something pointy ears + "live long and prosper" jokes.... my kid and I were discussing Monet a couple weeks back and we both agreed that anyone with her abilities would and probably should have a bit of a superiority complex. I'd probably say the same for Kalark and Heather.... speaking of whom, I'm also betting Heather would absolutely LOATHE Quentin... probably wouldn't take to kindly to any of the men trying to bark orders at her, for that matter. this would be all kinds of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Where’s Northstar?
    I was about to say the same thing, glad I checked first lmao. he even adds to the pointy-ears quotient

Where’s Northstar?
    wait, on second thought.... you could even write it where, a few issues in, Pietro ends up not being fast enough to prevent come sort of catastrophe... so Namor ramps up the tension by calling Northstar in for "whenever they need someone who can move faster than a broadcast signal" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    so many thoughts here. I always thought Gladiator and Moondragon would be fun as teammates on a cosmic team, but putting them on earth is its own kind of genius.... something something pointy ears + "live long and prosper" jokes.... my kid and I were discussing Monet a couple weeks back and we both agreed that anyone with her abilities would and probably should have a bit of a superiority complex. I'd probably say the same for Kalark and Heather.... speaking of whom, I'm also betting Heather would absolutely LOATHE Quentin... probably wouldn't take to kindly to any of the men trying to bark orders at her, for that matter. this would be all kinds of fun.
    Moondragon and Monet would be hilarious too. Heather would be like "Oh goody, we have three people on the team who can pick up buildings, that's nice.... wait.... why can't I read your mind?"

Where’s Northstar?
    ^^^Honestly?
    Quicksilver beat him out by virtue of me finding a pic w. his arms crossed that matched up w. Namor and Gladiator.

wait, on second thought.... you could even write it where, a few issues in, Pietro ends up not being fast enough to prevent come sort of catastrophe... so Namor ramps up the tension by calling Northstar in for "whenever they need someone who can move faster than a broadcast signal" lol
    ^^^Oh that is F’ing GOLD!

^^^Glad you liked it, I thought it’d be fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Moondragon and Monet would be hilarious too. Heather would be like "Oh goody, we have three people on the team who can pick up buildings, that's nice.... wait.... why can't I read your mind?"
    ^^^ha!!!

^^^Oh that is F’ing GOLD!
    you already found the mine lol. maybe I'll take credit for adding to the pot

here's another idea to stir it further...

Kalark watches the whole speedster debacle play out, then calmly approaches Namor/Northstar/Quicksilver with a raised eyebrow and rhetorical questment: "why was any of this even necessary? I'm faster than both of them combined"

on another note, I think you also ended up with a Marvel team that could wipe the floor with the Justice League without just copying the Squadron Supreme

you already found the mine lol. maybe I'll take credit for adding to the pot

here's another idea to stir it further...

Kalark watches the whole speedster debacle play out, then calmly approaches Namor/Northstar/Quicksilver with a raised eyebrow and rhetorical questment: "why was any of this even necessary? I'm faster than both of them combined"
    ^^^Damn, he is, isn’t he?

on another note, I think you also ended up with a Marvel team that could wipe the floor with the Justice League without just copying the Squadron Supreme
    ^^^Oh, that’s gonna get us on a watch list!

A kind of a different spin on The Defenders…:

• Top tier powerhouse w. a complicated past, THE SENTRY.

• A powerhouse in her own right, AMERICA CHAVEZ.

• The Man of Steel, COLOSSUS.

• The fastest man alive, QUICKSILVER.

• Two old pros, CAPTAIN AMERICA and THIN MAN.

• Mistress of the mystic arts, NICO MINORU.

• Size changing little big man, MICROMAX.

Just a small Avengers line up I’d like to see, w. Janet as leader, Jen bringing the banter and the muscle, Monica providing the most versatile powerset, Steve proving a good Soldier can take orders as well as give them, and Tony for all things tech and being all snarky cool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Just a small Avengers line up I’d like to see, w. Janet as leader, Jen bringing the banter and the muscle, Monica providing the most versatile powerset, Steve proving a good Soldier can take orders as well as give them, and Tony for all things tech and being all snarky cool.
    That would be a pretty cool lineup.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

nice, this one reminds me of when Monica led the team in the 80s, but before it devolved with all that Dr. Druid crap

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be a pretty cool lineup.
    ^^^Oh cool, glad you liked this one!

nice, this one reminds me of when Monica led the team in the 80s, but before it devolved with all that Dr. Druid crap
    ^^^Damn, I don’t even remember that era!
    I need to do a deep dive of some kind.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah . . . as much good work as Mark Gruenwald did with Captain America in his solo, that was still a low moment.

^^^Oh cool, glad you liked this one!

^^^Damn, I don’t even remember that era!
    I need to do a deep dive of some kind.
    You're very welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.