Page 12 of 131 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm expecting it to happen at some point. but there really should be a team of mutants who are not krakoans (either by choice or because they aren't welcome). I could see characters like Gypsy Moth, Whirlwind, Solaar (he'd have to be resurrected 1st of course), etc forming a team simply for strength in numbers. there are just some mutants who have never felt all that connected to the x-verse. i don't see the emergence of Krakoa changing that. i don't have a concrete idea for a lineup. so it's whoever you'd like to see basically...

who's your 'Emissaries of Evil?'

Whirlwind (Dave Cannon)
    Gypsy Moth (Sybil Dvorak)
    Mandrill (Jerome Beechman)
    Solaar (Silas King)
    Typhoid Mary (Mary Walker)
    etc...
    I’ve done a couple of builds that dealt w. the same idea, but not one w. straight up villains.

A suggestion for your team though, are two characters i did use, Armageddon Man (currently being held by the Govt. in suspended animation) and Humus Sapien (out in space somewhere, but easy enough to bring back). Both are pretty powerful and would add to any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’ve done a couple of builds that dealt w. the same idea, but not one w. straight up villains.

A suggestion for your team though, are two characters i did use, Armageddon Man (currently being held by the Govt. in suspended animation) and Humus Sapien (out in space somewhere, but easy enough to bring back). Both are pretty powerful and would add to any team.
    if you use Humus, does that mean Ogre is coming with?

Not in my build(s), but go for it!

I did a build where Justice takes the name X-Men as an eff-u to Krakoa and grabs up some unaffiliated characters, too.

The whole Krakoa thing’s rubbed me the wrong way, and these various builds were my way to vent.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-08-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Not in my build(s), but go for it!

I did a build where Justice takes the name X-Men as an eff-u to Krakoa and grabs up some unaffiliated characters, too.

The whole Krakoa thing’s rubbed me the wrong way, and these various builds were my way to vent.
    Vance is too nice. I’m sure that they invited he and Angel though.

In response to Krakoa’s shenanigans, ROXXON fills the void left by Shield and Hammer as America’s intel & defense organization. I submit to you D.A.G.G.E.R and the new Dark Avengers!

Iron American (Ezekiel Stane)
    Liberator (ionic powered shield-wielding Superia wearing a custom US Agent costume)
    Minotaur (Dario Agger)
    Star (Ripley Ryan)
    Yellowjacket (Darren Cross)
    Wolverine (disguised Victor Creed or Lady Deathstrike)
    Power Man (amped up Moses Magnum)
    Spider-man (Gabriel Stacy now permanently bonded with a roxxon-grown symbiote)

There are 3 versions of DAGGER agents; low grade gamma irradiated, bootleg super soldiers, & stealth armored.

Vance is too nice. I’m sure that they invited he and Angel though.
    He can be quite serious when he needs to be. You don’t kill your abusive father and do jail time without having a thick skin.
    Also, Firestar IS on Krakoa, so that can’t be making him too happy.

But, it was my build, so it worked for me.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Dr.Strangefate
    Blink
    Warpath
    Captain America (Winter Soldier)
    Archangel
    Spider woman( Jessica Drew)
    Black Widow
    I would go with the name the Authority or Stormwatch since nobody is using them
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In response to Krakoa’s shenanigans, ROXXON fills the void left by Shield and Hammer as America’s intel & defense organization. I submit to you D.A.G.G.E.R and the new Dark Avengers!

Iron American (Ezekiel Stane)
    Liberator (ionic powered shield-wielding Superia wearing a custom US Agent costume)
    Minotaur (Dario Agger)
    Star (Ripley Ryan)
    Yellowjacket (Darren Cross)
    Wolverine (disguised Victor Creed or Lady Deathstrike)
    Power Man (amped up Moses Magnum)
    Spider-man (Gabriel Stacy now permanently bonded with a roxxon-grown symbiote)

There are 3 versions of DAGGER agents; low grade gamma irradiated, bootleg super soldiers, & stealth armored.
    Hmm, I like your roster, and yeah, Roxxon taking advantage of the vacuum left by S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. alike would be an interesting plot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thanks. But I’m actually revising the roster to be more ambiguously “evil.” These folks are about acquisition, expansion, and the enforcement of order. They are DAGGER’s varsity team.

Iron Man (Arno Stark is their figurehead & is angling for a defense dept position before a presidential run)

Ms America (The villainess Zarda from the last SS book gets a media friendly makeover)

Minotaur (Dario, whom DAGGER is named for, is their ‘Thor/Hercules’ & is courting Zarda)

Star (Ripley Ryan is fame obsessed & owes Arno her life)

Yellowjacket (William Cross aka Crossfire is borrowing the suit while his cousin Darren rebuilds CTE with some significant weapons contracts signaling that this Dark Reign is more about a rising tide for the evil corporate types)

Power Man (Moses Magnum’s AIM connections earned him a seat at the table- his seismic enhanced strength earned him a spot in the ROXXON sponsored Avengers)

Spider-man (either the aforementioned Gabe Stacy or a Ben Reilly desperate to be seen as a hero - either way they would have Alchemax as a benefactor- this team is heavily branded)

I’ll leave it there. i haven't quite decided on my "Wolverine" yet. it could be anyone from Sabretooth to Mister X to Lady Deathstrike. But there’s also a reservist group waiting for their spotlight. Kashmir Venemma would be a very different kind of Wasp (flocked by a swarm of mechanical wasp drones). And i’m considering Nightshade for a Black Panther/Tigra mix; using biochemistry to upgrade her own senses, physical abilities, and maybe some poison laced claws but a panther habit in lieu of fur. Oh and Living Laser is going to be the craziest gender swapped Spectrum you could imagine. Turns out that Arthur is woke as **** and surprisingly good at working the press despite being utterly insane. And Imus Champion is their ultra competitive archer/weapon master/costumed athlete.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-14-2020 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks. But I’m actually revising the roster to be more ambiguously “evil.” These folks are about acquisition, expansion, and the enforcement of order. They are DAGGER’s varsity team.

Iron Man (Arno Stark is their figurehead & is angling for a defense dept position before a presidential run)

Ms America (The villainess Zarda from the last SS book gets a media friendly makeover)

Minotaur (Dario, whom DAGGER is named for, is their ‘Thor/Hercules’ & is courting Zarda)

Star (Ripley Ryan is fame obsessed & owes Arno her life)

Yellowjacket (William Cross aka Crossfire is borrowing the suit while his cousin Darren rebuilds CTE with some significant weapons contracts signaling that this Dark Reign is more about a rising tide for the evil corporate types)

Power Man (Moses Magnum’s AIM connections earned him a seat at the table- his seismic enhanced strength earned him a spot in the ROXXON sponsored Avengers)

Spider-man (either the aforementioned Gabe Stacy or a Ben Reilly desperate to be seen as a hero - either way they would have Alchemax as a benefactor- this team is heavily branded)

I’ll leave it there. But there’s also a reservist group waiting for their spotlight. Kashmir Venemma would be a very different kind of Wasp (flocked by a swarm of mechanical wasp drones). And i’m considering Nightshade for a Black Panther/Tigra mix; using biochemistry to upgrade her own senses, physical abilities, and maybe some poison laced claws but a panther habit in lieu of fur. Oh and Living Laser is going to be the craziest gender swapped Spectrum you could imagine. Turns out that Arthur is woke as **** and surprisingly good at working the press despite being utterly insane. And Imus Champion is their ultra competitive archer/weapon master/costumed athlete.
    That's a pretty good roster, and I like your ideas for them. If the Spider-Man here is Ben Reilly trying to rehabilitate himself after the debacle that was The Clone Conspiracy and his recent solo, would he resume wearing his Sensational Spider-Man suit, take up Otto Octavius's now-abandoned Superior Spider-Man suit (since they do have some similarities in design), or even hybridize the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a pretty good roster, and I like your ideas for them. If the Spider-Man here is Ben Reilly trying to rehabilitate himself after the debacle that was The Clone Conspiracy and his recent solo, would he resume wearing his Sensational Spider-Man suit, take up Otto Octavius's now-abandoned Superior Spider-Man suit (since they do have some similarities in design), or even hybridize the two?
    Wanting a new start, it would be a blend of his old looks with new features. I do like the superior look though.

Wanting a new start, it would be a blend of his old looks with new features. I do like the superior look though.
    That works out pretty well. What new features would be included, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That works out pretty well. What new features would be included, if I may ask?
    mechanized tracking spiders that also double as explosives (not enough to blow off limbs or anything). the lenses on the mask have the infra-red option. and i was thinking of a "play dead" feature to mimic the brown recluse. in this case, the suit can mask his heart beat and respiration while also presenting a minor illusion of his body being mangled. even though he'd be played as wanting to do right by the community he'd be outwardly a little creepier than a friendly neighborhood spider-man. he certainly wouldn't be as arrogant as Otto, though.

mechanized tracking spiders that also double as explosives (not enough to blow off limbs or anything). the lenses on the mask have the infra-red option. and i was thinking of a "play dead" feature to mimic the brown recluse. in this case, the suit can mask his heart beat and respiration while also presenting a minor illusion of his body being mangled. even though he'd be played as wanting to do right by the community he'd be outwardly a little creepier than a friendly neighborhood spider-man. he certainly wouldn't be as arrogant as Otto, though.
    Those sound pretty awesome, and I wouldn't mind dialing up the creepiness a bit. He's come back from the dead 27+ times, that's enough to f*** up anybody, and I'd add that despite Peter's friendly neighborhood persona, a lot of people in-universe find Spider-Man, particularly his movements, creepy and unsettling, much like people in real life feel about spiders. It'd be interesting to play that up a bit more with Ben to reflect his psychological/spiritual scarring and compare/contrast him with his "brothers" Peter and Kaine, as the latter aims for flat-out terrifying more often than not.

Silver Sable's New Wild Pack

Cloak & Dagger

Rocket Racer

Silk

Prowler

Wraith

Sandman