Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Druid aka Sebastian Druid is another Hawaiian native. Kid Kaiju lived there for awhile.
    I didn’t know that...!
    Marvel should really do a book based in Hawaii. It’s an untapped market. Unless i’m mistaken, only DC’s (90s) Superboy ever had an extended run in that locale.

Yes! Superboy in Hawaii was great!

I'd be all in on a Stingray series based in Hawaii. Maybe Dr. Newell could even let a native Hawaiian don the mantle actively, while the good doctor did the 'lab work'.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    THE ZODIAC

Aries (Shingen Harada)
    Taurus (Dario Agger)
    Gemini (The Strucker twins)
    Cancer (Ezekiel Stane)
    Leo (Imus Champion)
    Virgo (Dr. Deidra Wentworth)
    Libra (Janice Lincoln)
    Scorpio (redacted)
    Sagittarius (Darren Cross)
    Capricorn (Kashmir Vennema)
    Aquarius (Sinclair Abbott)
    Pisces (Sunset Bain)
    that's an amazing line up. i'd sure love to read that

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

I concur with everyone here so far who's said this is a great idea for a team. Only question is . . . didn't Rumiko Fujikawa die?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    there are definitely similarities in how they operate. they are basically trying to be the behind the curtains rulers of the world. because it's a marvel team, they are of course looking to control the superhuman community as well. they might stage a political uprising to provide cover for other villainous operation. with this large a group, they can easily keep the self-described heroes from operating effectively simply by overwhelming them with threats. but there's also more mundane stuff like buying off politicians. if the SHRA returns in some form, it will be because of their influence. it's what is already in place (there's already a cabal of business villains; Agger, Fisk, Stane, Cross, Harada, etc) but on a larger scale. that's why i added Sinclair Abbott aka Spymaster. and i'm undecided on who Scorpio would be. i guess it could be Jacob Fury again. i was looking for someone who was knowledgeable about spycraft and as ambitious as old Nick Fury.
    If I recall right, that cabal of corporate villains also had Tiberius Stone on it (originally from Iron Man back in the early 2000s, later plucked from obscurity by Dan Slott for his Spider-Man run starting in Big Time), representing the newly formed Alchemax from the ashes of Oscorp and Horizon Labs.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post

I'd be all in on a Stingray series based in Hawaii. Maybe Dr. Newell could even let a native Hawaiian don the mantle actively, while the good doctor did the 'lab work'.
    I can dig that!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I concur with everyone here so far who's said this is a great idea for a team. Only question is . . . didn't Rumiko Fujikawa die?
    Thank you!
    And yes, she did die, but, the great thing about these teams is, we don’t have to abide by the bad decisions the Companies make.
    In Rumiko’s case, i ignored it, in Mettle’ i incorporated it into the narrative.
    In Charcoal’s, I also ignored it, plus the fact that he’s a character that’s in legal limbo because of being created to win a contest and Marvel doesn’t have exclusive rights.
    Charcoal was a really good character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can dig that!

Thank you!
    And yes, she did die, but, the great thing about these teams is, we don’t have to abide by the bad decisions the Companies make.
    In Rumiko’s case, i ignored it, in Mettle’ i incorporated it into the narrative.
    In Charcoal’s, I also ignored it, plus the fact that he’s a character that’s in legal limbo because of being created to win a contest and Marvel doesn’t have exclusive rights.
    Good point. In the words of Nick Fury from The Avengers (movie), albeit paraphrased, "I recognize the Company has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid-@$$ decision, I have elected to ignore it."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can dig that!

Thank you!
    Marvel's court case proved they had exclusive rights to Charcoal but due to the creator they just refuse to use the character. If they wanted to him there is nothing stopping them legally.

^^^i thought they’d have to give him royalties or something, which is why they won’t use him?
    Either way, the poor guy’s in limbo. What waste.
    Good point. In the words of Nick Fury from The Avengers (movie), albeit paraphrased, "I recognize the Company has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid-@$$ decision, I have elected to ignore it."
    Hahaha! You nailed it!

^^^i thought they’d have to give him royalties or something, which is why they won’t use him?
    Either way, the poor guy’s in limbo. What waste.

Hahaha! You nailed it!
    No they don't have to pay royalties the terms of the contest was that he was Marvel's property like the mutant Alchemy who was created similarly. Your right he is a good character to be relegated to limbo. Volcana would be a good character to use for a Hawaiian team with her lava/rock/ash forms.

^^^thats not a bad choice! She and Hydro Man would have something in common. They’d either bond, or really not like each other, being from similar criminal backgrounds.

Very interesting team, Riv86672. I really like the addition of Varua, and I'm still hoping something can be done with the Young Gods pretty soon.

^^^ooh I love it when there’s backstory...!
    You made my day
    Agreed. I love a good mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Very interesting team, Riv86672. I really like the addition of Varua, and I'm still hoping something can be done with the Young Gods pretty soon.

Agreed. I love a good mystery.
    I’m not even sure the last time the YGs appeared in continuity. That’s a mystery in itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post

that could be cool. it's a good-looking armor.

If I recall right, that cabal of corporate villains also had Tiberius Stone on it (originally from Iron Man back in the early 2000s, later plucked from obscurity by Dan Slott for his Spider-Man run starting in Big Time), representing the newly formed Alchemax from the ashes of Oscorp and Horizon Labs.
    it did. i had a hard time recalling it from memory. Tiberius has been known to change his appearance every once in a while. but i remember the glasses now. i wasn't sure if it would be he or Liz Allan who made it into the Zodiac.