Page 30 of 131 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Yet another take on the Squadron Supreme comprised of both JLA (Superman, Batman, Firestorm and Green Lantern) and Earth 2 JSA (Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Huntress, and Dr. Fate) from the now classic Justice League of America #183-185. Pretty simple formula: All women, and I didn't want to use analogues or female versions of existing male characters. It's unlikely that Marvel would go for a Squadron Supreme cast like this, but that doesn't stop us from having a little fun.

JLA, Earth I
    Superman - Miss America Chavez. Both are aliens that have been protecting their respective multiverses for ages.

Batman - Black Widow. Natasha as Bruce Wayne works for me. She already has the smarts and fighting skills, we just need to make her a kajillionaire.

Firestorm - Sersi. I was tempted to use Her in this spot, but molecular manipulation is more of a fallback for her, as where with Sersi it's her unmatched specialty amongst Eternals.

Green Lantern - Darkstar. Always liked this character. I can't explain why she isn't more popular than she is.

JSA, Earth II
    Wonder Woman - Angela. I wanted someone that was a fierce warrior here and she fills the bill. No lasso, but ribbons galore.

Power Girl - M. Like Kryptonians, we never really know how high Monet's potential reaches and it almost feels like she's just a crisis away from revealing a new power that we didn't know she had.

Dr. Fate - Enchantress. Bad girls deciding to side with the angels for a change is always an entertaining read. Plus, with a team full of women, it makes you wonder who does she have her eye on this time.

Huntress - Psylocke. It can be the merged Betsy and Kwannon version, or even the Crimson Dawn empowered version, but I need a ninja with psionic blades on this squad badly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yet another take on the Squadron Supreme comprised of both JLA (Superman, Batman, Firestorm and Green Lantern) and Earth 2 JSA (Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Huntress, and Dr. Fate) from the now classic Justice League of America #183-185. Pretty simple formula: All women, and I didn't want to use analogues or female versions of existing male characters. It's unlikely that Marvel would go for a Squadron Supreme cast like this, but that doesn't stop us from having a little fun.

JLA, Earth I
    Superman - Miss America Chavez. Both are aliens that have been protecting their respective multiverses for ages.

Batman - Black Widow. Natasha as Bruce Wayne works for me. She already has the smarts and fighting skills, we just need to make her a kajillionaire.

Firestorm - Sersi. I was tempted to use Her in this spot, but molecular manipulation is more of a fallback for her, as where with Sersi it's her unmatched specialty amongst Eternals.

Green Lantern - Darkstar. Always liked this character. I can't explain why she isn't more popular than she is.

JSA, Earth II
    Wonder Woman - Angela. I wanted someone that was a fierce warrior here and she fills the bill. No lasso, but ribbons galore.

Power Girl - M. Like Kryptonians, we never really know how high Monet's potential reaches and it almost feels like she's just a crisis away from revealing a new power that we didn't know she had.

Dr. Fate - Enchantress. Bad girls deciding to side with the angels for a change is always an entertaining read. Plus, with a team full of women, it makes you wonder who does she have her eye on this time.

Huntress - Psylocke. It can be the merged Betsy and Kwannon version, or even the Crimson Dawn empowered version, but I need a ninja with psionic blades on this squad badly.
    By the way, here is the original inspiration...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That’s sharp! A terrific line up and deep dive!

BANTAM (Chicken Little)
    No one’s going to believe a guy dressed like a chicken about an alien invasion.

BLACK SWAN (Ugly Duckling)
    Has her own prob. devious reasons for helping out.

TRITON (Fish out of Water)
    The Inhumans are caught up in this, so Triton’s along for the ride.

RAZORBACK (Runt of the Litter)
    The space trucker is out to save his home planet.

SILVER FOX (Foxy Loxy)
    She trades in lies and secret intel so yeah, she’s hard to trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

BANTAM (Chicken Little)
    No one’s going to believe a guy dressed like a chicken about an alien invasion.

BLACK SWAN (Ugly Duckling)
    Has her own prob. devious reasons for helping out.

TRITON (Fish out of Water)
    The Inhumans are caught up in this, so Triton’s along for the ride.

RAZORBACK (Runt of the Litter)
    The space trucker is out to save his home planet.

SILVER FOX (Foxy Loxy)
    She trades in lies and secret intel so yeah, she’s hard to trust.
    Now imagine Silver Fox and Razorback singing don't go breakin' my heart.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Now imagine Silver Fox and Razorback singing don't go breakin' my heart.
    I couldn’t if I tried!

A throwback build, inspired by DC’s The Terrifics.
    Well, that and watching The Incredibles this weekend and thinking that’d be a cool name for a Hulk led team.

PROFESSOR HULK
    The Prof. manages to fall ass backwards into leading his own team as an adventure takes some weird turns, and he winds up having to work w. the others. As a unit, they’ll go and explore outer space, the Microverse, and any number of parallel worlds (like Future Imperfect and The End).

CAPTAIN MARVEL
    An ex-Avenger, Monica Rambeau has a lot of experience, and a wide range of powers that haven’t really been explored yet. I can see her not backing down if she thinks the Prof. is getting a little too…smashy.

SPEEDBALL
    This is the team Robbie Baldwin joins instead of The New Warriors. He’ll quickly be established as the class clown w. a heart of gold, and along w. The Incredibles, learn more about the kinetic energy dimension his powers come from.

SANDMAN
    Flint Marko’s been played heroically before so this works. He and the more Savage version of The Hulk have traded blows, but The Prof. says he doesn’t hold a grudge. I figure Robbie will annoy Marko, but the two will end up having some good back and forth banter.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-06-2021 at 07:45 PM.

A gender flipped Challengers of The Unknown, made up of fun female characters Marvel has hidden away here and there. And one guy.

TONI HO (Prof. Haley)
    A genius of the super duper variety, the team is Toni’s new project. She’s going to explore the the fringes of the MU, from today, on back to when things were Timely. She’s not going to be armored up for this, instead relying on brains and cool gadgets.

X-RAY ( Rocky Davis)
    A little older, and a lot bigger, than the others, the Symkarian merc’s been hired by someone very protective of Toni, to keep her safe during these new adventures. Joining the team is a cover, but you gotta figure all the shared adventures will lead to some actual bonding on her part.

SARAH STACY (Red Ryan)
    With her greater than human physical stats and agility, plus a love of action, Sarah’s the team daredevil; if there’s a death defying stunt needs doing, she’s the first to jump into danger.

DAISY DUGAN (Ace Morgan)
    The team’s pilot. Thanks to her extensive S.H.I.E.L.D. training, Daisy is rated on everything from gigantic Heli-Carriers to tiny ass spy drones. She’s also overall good in a fight and never backs down from one.

GRADY SCRAPS (June Robbins)
    June was the “honorary” Challenger. When she showed up, she was portrayed as just smart enough to assist the Prof., when she wasn’t being captured. Grady’s smart enough to mostly keep up w. Toni, and he’s def. not big on action, more than willing to let the others take lead.

The Teen Titans

Miles Morales - Robin
    Speed - Kid Flash
    Ms. Marvel - Donna Troy
    Witchfire - Raven
    Death Locket - Cyborg
    Ultragirl - Starfire
    Reptil - Beast Boy
    Last edited by Celtic1967; 07-08-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

^^^pretty cool!

Just a team of kids i thought would be fun to see team up for an adventure.
    Reptil, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, Gertrude & Old Lace, Komodo, Fredzilla, and Kid Kaiju.

They'd face off against Godzilla's old foe Dr. Demonicus, and prob. Sauron, Stegron. And The Mole Man would be involved as both an antagonist and ally.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-09-2021 at 06:56 PM.

A group of tigers is called a Streak, but that doesn’t make for a great team name

BENGAL
    Skilled Martia Artist w. enhanced senses. Weapon(s) of choice are a matched pair of Sai.

FLYING TIGER
    Lightweight powered armor allows for high speed flight capability, enhanced strength, and invulnerability.

TIGER SHARK
    Human/Atlantean hybrid physiology grants him the ability to survive underwater. His strength, speed, and invulnerability are comparable to Namor. Has sharpened fangs and claws.

WHITE TIGER
    A Tiger mutated by The High Evolutionary. Has high level Martial arts skills, cat-like speed, agility, and reflexes, ability to become a tiger or a weretiger.

SMILING TIGER
    A feral entity w. razor sharp claws on his fingers and toes. He is an adept fighter, and has an advanced leaping ability and is mute.

TIGER CLAW
    A brutal, incredibly strong Martial Arts master and ex-minion of Fu Manchu. Uses clawed, armored gauntlets.

An imaginary Avengers line up set 20 plus years in the future, in the style of the Justice League team featured in Batman Beyond.

CAPTAIN AMERICA (Superman)
    Like Superman, Cap has held up pretty well over the years, give or take a few scars. Also like Cap, he’s changed out his traditional outfit for something new.

SHE-HULK (Big Barda)
    Seeing She-Hulk’s outfit while re-reading the latest Avengers run reminded me of Barda’s look in Batman Beyond which kicked off this build.

BRANDY SELBY (Kai-Ro)
    Switching out a tiny Green Lantern w. a tiny Starbrand. How is Brandy still a kid after over two decades? She basically doesn’t want to grow up yet, so the Statbrand doesn’t let her.

VALERIA RICHARDS (Aquagirl)
    The team’s resident super genius. She opted to pursue her heroic legacy but as an Avenger, not as a next gen member of the FF. It’s a stretch (no pun intended) but while she’s not an Atlantean, Valeria’s mom had a lot of UST w. Namor back in the day.

WARBIRD (Warhawk)
    James Rhodes Jr. is the son of War Machine James Rhodes and Captain Marvel Carol Danvers. Though he has enhanced physical stats from his mom’s Kree DNA, he wears a winged, high tech armored suit in homage to his dad, and calls himself Warbird, a name his mom used in her time.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-16-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is just called My Favorite Characters for No Reason
    Captain America Steve Rogers
    Peter Parker Spider-Man
    Storm
    Wiccan
    Magneto
    Doctor Doom
    Loki Agent of Asgard

Journey Into New Mysteries

Thor
    Incredible Hulk