Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Renegades

A team of Russian legacy heroes.

Yelena Belova (Black Widow)

Galina Nemirovsky (Ultra-Dynamo)

Reena Stanciof (Darkstar now renamed Eclipse)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that could be cool. it's a good-looking armor.
    It really is.
    A lot of early artists (when he made the bulk of his appearances) didn’t do it justice. Guys like George Perez though, would give us early looks at how cool it could be.

I like the corner box, too. That’s tight.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 11-13-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Anyone want to take a stab at building Marvel’s Council of Eternity?
    Here’s mine...:

^^^No takers?

Okay how about...cast Marvel characters in your own Watchmen story?

Premise:
    Fifteen years ago some event of your choosing wipes out/depowers all super humans in the MU except one.
    That one’ll be your Dr. Manhattan stand in. He’ll have gotten all distant from humanity and what not.

You’ll also need...
    A female character trying to keep your Dr. Manhattan connected to his humanity, Silk Spectre style (you can have two females if you wanna do Silk Spectres I And II).

One character who’s still basically a good person trying to help, like Nite Owl (again, you can do an older legacy/mentor version for two Nite Owls, your choice).

A character who’s dealt w. the event by going all hardcore, working w. the Govt. to violently bring order to a now chaotic country/world. He ends up dead, because he knew too much. Comedian, obviously.

Your hero who’s come unhinged and been living on the fringes, basically a hobo like Rorschach, and stumbles onto a mystery that could change the world.

And a character who’s the bad guy, someone who’s actually done pretty well for himself in the last 15 years, and everybody trusts. He plans to unite the world at great cost of life like that jerk Ozymandias.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

I really like the addition of Dragon Man!

Very cool. I could see this being a real series. Hope the marvel writers don't swipe your idea.

^^^No takers?

Okay how about...cast Marvel characters in your own Watchmen story?

Premise:
    Fifteen years ago some event of your choosing wipes out/depowers all super humans in the MU except one.
    That one’ll be your Dr. Manhattan stand in. He’ll have gotten all distant from humanity and what not.

You’ll also need...
    A female character trying to keep your Dr. Manhattan connected to his humanity, Silk Spectre style (you can have two females if you wanna do Silk Spectres I And II).

One character who’s still basically a good person trying to help, like Nite Owl (again, you can do an older legacy/mentor version for two Nite Owls, your choice).

A character who’s dealt w. the event by going all hardcore, working w. the Govt. to violently bring order to a now chaotic country/world. He ends up dead, because he knew too much. Comedian, obviously.

Your hero who’s come unhinged and been living on the fringes, basically a hobo like Rorschach, and stumbles onto a mystery that could change the world.

And a character who’s the bad guy, someone who’s actually done pretty well for himself in the last 15 years, and everybody trusts. He plans to unite the world at great cost of life like that jerk Ozymandias.
    Moon Knight (Rorschach)
    Punisher (Comedian)
    Nighthawk (Nite Owl)
    Hellcat (silk specter)
    The Sentry (Doc Manhattan)
    Ultimate Nick Fury (Ozymandias)

mine wasn't too different from your own.

Extraordinary Member

How about a non-team.

Captain America's hotline is back in effect...run by an operations team consisting or Ram Ridley, Fabian Stankowicz and Drake Harrison. They manage a rip off of the Arrowcave from Arrow and work the tech side while using agents like Diamondback, Free Spirit, Trickshot (Barney Barton) and others to run missions based on things coming in thru the hotline, news reports or social media. All done with Cap's support.

^^^That’d be cool...!

I really like the addition of Dragon Man!
    He’s a favorite from when I was a kid. It blew my mind when I heard he’d become a super genius!
    Very cool. I could see this being a real series. Hope the marvel writers don't swipe your idea.
    I wouldn’t mind!
    Moon Knight (Rorschach)
    Punisher (Comedian)
    Nighthawk (Nite Owl)
    Hellcat (silk specter)
    The Sentry (Doc Manhattan)
    Ultimate Nick Fury (Ozymandias)

mine wasn't too different from your own.
    I smacked myself when I saw your Nighthawk pick. So good!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    How about a non-team.

Captain America's hotline is back in effect...run by an operations team consisting or Ram Ridley, Fabian Stankowicz and Drake Harrison. They manage a rip off of the Arrowcave from Arrow and work the tech side while using agents like Diamondback, Free Spirit, Trickshot (Barney Barton) and others to run missions based on things coming in thru the hotline, news reports or social media. All done with Cap's support.
    Hmm, that could work. Kind of reminds me of Heroes for Hire when Misty Knight was in charge and the book was written by Dan Abnett.

My idea for a Marvel team, though?

The Walking Doubles --- a.k.a. the Clone Solidarity Movement, also a pun on the English translation of "doppelganger" that refers to the common nickname for zombies being "the walking dead," which in this case is a nod to clones being seen as subhuman as reanimated corpses.

Clones in the Marvel Universe have a very, very crappy lot, since all they are in the minds of most is hollow facsimiles of someone else, brought into existence chiefly by madmen (and the occasional madwoman) trying to play God and often used as disposable pawns, tools, or weapons against their genetic source material . . . or even by their genetic source material. One lonely clone aims to change that, by starting a support group for clones that turns into a kind of found family-slash-solidarity movement that demands clones be treated with respect as individual beings and persons with minds, hearts, and even souls of their own. As part of that mission statement, they end up going after the very madmen/madwomen that create and abuse clones in the first place --- with sights set hard on none other than Mister Sinister himself, but will they have to go through Krakoa to get him?

Roster includes the Scarlet Spiders (Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, and Pat, the sole survivor of the Initiative's Red Team, which was nicknamed Scarlet Spiders), Gwen Stacy (from The Clone Conspiracy), Namorita Prentiss (from the classic New Warriors), Faira Sar Namora (who according to Chris Yost's plans for the character in his New Warriors run would have been a clone of Namorita), Ragnarok (the cyborg Thor clone from Civil War) . . . and Madelyne Pryor (the infamous clone of Jean Grey), who might have brought The Walking Doubles together in the first place. If so, what's her endgame . . . or is even she getting her strings pulled by someone else (Claudine Renko/Miss Sinister)?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

^^^^Duuude, I love it!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

^^^^Duuude, I love it!!!
    Thanks, I'm glad you love it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I never realized how many clones were running around Marvel.