Page 40 of 128 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCroatia View Post
    THE AVENGERS

Steve Rogers is wrapped up in running the new, UN-sponsored Invaders team. Thor and T'Challa both have kingdoms to run. Carol's the worst. Tony's in a temporary, self-enforced retirement after his latest, Korvac-fueled delusions of grandeur. With the Avengers set to break up once again, Tony passes down the mantle of leadership to one of his oldest friends.

"Hey, Jan. You mind doing me a favor?"

The Wasp, in building her new team, picks a few old confidants. Jennifer Walters, the Sensational She-Hulk, and Clint Barton, longtime Avenger Hawkeye, are her first recruits. Sam Wilson is brought onto the team, as it never hurts to have a Captain America around. Her final addition is Melissa Gold, the former Master of Evil-turned-superheroine Songbird, as the Avengers have always stood for giving people a second chance. Just ask Clint!

The new team is on standby, waiting for the next crisis, when an old hero comes in, tattered and injured: Robert Grayson, the Uranian (once known as Marvel Boy) walks in looking like he just stared death in the face. The thing is, he did. Someone's going around and killing off veteran superheroes. It started with the old Agents of Atlas. 3D-Man, Jimmy Woo, and Venus have all been found dead. Uranian barely escaped with his life.

As the team goes to figure out who's setting their sights on Marvel's forefathers, Janet and Bob pay a visit to an old friend who's masterful understanding of physics and chemistry may help put them on the right path- Dane Whitman, the Black Knight (and besides, it's not like he's doing anything rn).

That's our initial lineup and our first story arc.

Wasp / Janet Van Dyne
    Captain America / Sam Wilson
    She-Hulk / Jennifer Walters
    Black Knight / Dane Whitman
    Uranian / Bob Grayson
    Songbird / Melissa Gold
    Hawkeye / Clint Barton

Mach-X is brought on as the team's armorer at some point. The second big arc would be the return of Hank Pym, with the influence of Ultron (but not the technomancy powers) purged from him. Jan, ever the forgiving type, allows him to join the team as a sort of rehabilitation. This stokes a bit of a love triangle and/or jealousy between Dane and Hank, as the former sees the Scientist Supreme's admission onto the team as detracting from his status in the group.
    The Champions!

When the Masters of Evil realize that most of Earth's heroes are concentrated in New York, the band of rogues makes a play to hold the city of Chicago hostage! However, the city's superpowered residents aren't going to take this lying down, and so they form the ad hoc team known as THE CHAMPIONS!

Prodigy / David Alleyne
    -Having moved back to Chicago, David is there when **** hits the fan. He sends out a message to any and all heroes in Chicagoland, and as such, serves as the leader for our band of misfits.

Nighthawk / Tilda Johnson
    -As part of her new start, she's moved to Chicago and put her scientific expertise into building her own company. However, her old evil compatriots remember her from her days on the other side of the tracks. Despite their offer, Tilda turns up her nose at them. She initially refuses to get involved, but it's only when she sees how this reign of evil is affecting normal people and the downtrodden that she takes action

Blizzard / Donnie Gill
    -Donnie Gill is also trying to make good, and moved out to the Midwest for a fresh start of his own. Like Nighthawk, he's also offered to join the band of marauders ransacking the city, but he's more enthusiastic about turning them down and fighting evil.

Tigra / Greer Nelson
    -Tigra's decided to move back home to Chicago, as being near her family would make raising her (half-Skrull) child much easier. When evil attacks, Tigra joins the Champions to make the city a safe place for her and her family.

Moon Knight / Mark Spector
    -The Fist of Khonshu is also a Chicagoan! He's the only person in the city that's stranger than Mayor Lightfoot, and since his travels have brought him back home, he joins the Windy City's last line of defense.

Doorman / DeMarr Davis
    -Sure, the former Great Lakes Avengers is a Detroiter and former Wisconsinite, but he's in the area, not doing much, and aware that this sort of situation demands a teleporter.
    Those sound like good team setups. Especially liking Wasp leading the Avengers and Tilda Johnson as Nighthawk on the Chicago Champions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those sound like good team setups. Especially liking Wasp leading the Avengers and Tilda Johnson as Nighthawk on the Chicago Champions.
    ^^^QFT.
    These are really good rosters and set ups for story arcs; damn fun to read!
    CaptainCroatia knocked it out of the park.

Daughters of Midnight

Jennifer Kale (Leader)

Madame Web (Julia Carpenter)

Topaz

Sepulchre

Tigra

White Fox
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-07-2022 at 05:11 AM.

Defenders

American Eagle

Tarantula (Maria Vasquez)

Silver Sable

Prowler (Hobie Brown)

Sandman

Agents of Asgard

Valkyrie (Bruunhilda)

Amora

Skurge

Balder

Kelda

Ultimate Member

THE AVENGERS
    That's our initial lineup and our first story arc.

Wasp / Janet Van Dyne
    Captain America / Sam Wilson
    She-Hulk / Jennifer Walters
    Black Knight / Dane Whitman
    Uranian / Bob Grayson
    Songbird / Melissa Gold
    Hawkeye / Clint Barton
    I like this team a lot. The addition of Mach-X and Hank Pym just enhances it, IMO. The only change I'd make is to later reveal that Jimmy Woo survived his assassination attack, 'cause Jimmy Woo is awesome.

Amazing Member

I could see that. Jimmy Woo returning could be a nice twist for a later arc.

And I appreciate all the love for the Avengers lineup! I used the Magnificent Seven format of team-building.

Wasp is The Hero
    Captain America is The Lancer
    She-Hulk is The Muscle
    Black Knight is The Brains
    Uranian is The Veteran
    Songbird is The Newcomer
    Hawkeye is The Comic Relief

I always enjoy adding a few supporting, non-active team members, too. It makes the team feel more like a family, and it (and the lineup itself) is an homage of sorts to the 1980s Roger Stern era of the team.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Defenders

American Eagle

Tarantula (Maria Vasquez)

Silver Sable

Prowler (Hobie Brown)

Sandman
    Always love some American Eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like this team a lot. The addition of Mach-X and Hank Pym just enhances it, IMO. The only change I'd make is to later reveal that Jimmy Woo survived his assassination attack, 'cause Jimmy Woo is awesome.
    I could see that. Jimmy Woo returning could be a nice twist for a later arc.

And I appreciate all the love for the Avengers lineup! I used the Magnificent Seven format of team-building.

Wasp is The Hero
    Captain America is The Lancer
    She-Hulk is The Muscle
    Black Knight is The Brains
    Uranian is The Veteran
    Songbird is The Newcomer
    Hawkeye is The Comic Relief

I always enjoy adding a few supporting, non-active team members, too. It makes the team feel more like a family, and it (and the lineup itself) is an homage of sorts to the 1980s Roger Stern era of the team.
    I miss the days of supporting casts and characters popping in and out for various reasons.

I’ve always liked the Defenders Big Four archetypes of a magic guy, two powerhouses, and a space guy who manage to get the job done despite their infighting.

MEDICO MISTICO
    Quite possibly Mexico’s most powerful magic user. When he discovers a conspiracy that threatens to wipe the entire Country off the map, he sets out to stop it. He’s going to need a little help, though; he recruits two very dangerous men to run interference for him while he goes about casting the necessary spells to save the day.

MAXIMUS GARGAN
    A career criminal wanted on both sides of the border, Gargan is strong enough to rip grown men limb from limb. While not actually invulnerable, his healing factor is on a level that blades, blunt force trauma, and even bullets usually only serve to piss him off. He blew Mistico off at first but common sense prevailed. Mexico being destroyed is not a good thing.

SALAMANDER
    Wether he is or not, the pyrokinetic Salamander believes his powers come from the Serpent God Xiuhcoatl, who’s chosen him to be its Champion. While not as strong or durable Gargan, Salamander does have beyond human stats. Speaking of Gargan, the two have no love for each other, having worked for various rival Cartels over the years. Salamander flat out refuses to help the magician until Mistico wisely points out Xiuhcoatl would be none too pleased to have its Earthly dominion destroyed, while its Champion stood by doing nothing.

NOVA
    In true origin story fashion, Sam Alexander gets involved in this situation from a completely different angle, joining Mistico once the magician fills in all the details on how bad things might potentially get. Though only a teenager, Sam is already a veteran of several super teams, and adventured all over the world and even space. He has zero problem getting inbetween Gargan and Salamander, and more than enough power, to stop them from fighting each other and keep them focused on the mission. The two certified badasses are suitably impressed by him, but won’t admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’ve always liked the Defenders Big Four archetypes of a magic guy, two powerhouses, and a space guy who manage to get the job done despite their infighting.

cool idea! I once did a similarly-themed "Black" Defenders line-up around the same archetypes, using the following:

-Doctor Voodoo
    -Luke Cage
    -Black Panther
    (using the "monarch" archetype usually filled by Namor here)
    -Blue Marvel (or Monica Rambeau, if we don't want a sausage-party)

I'd read the **** out of both of our ideas lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    cool idea! I once did a similarly-themed "Black" Defenders line-up around the same archetypes, using the following:

-Doctor Voodoo
    -Luke Cage
    -Black Panther
    (using the "monarch" archetype usually filled by Namor here)
    -Blue Marvel (or Monica Rambeau, if we don't want a sausage-party)

I'd read the **** out of both of our ideas lol
    ^^^TY, and i dig your Big Four!

My favorite Defenders line up is the Big Four and what i call the C-list Three, Nighthawk/Valkyrie/Hellcat.
    So, add the MCU version of Val from The Exiles, The Falcon, and...no idea for Hellcat.

Marvel's Jungle Flight

Jungle Lord builds a base in Savage Land with the intent to learn all he can about the inhabitants. Necessary for his work, he swears to protect the land from anyone who might mean to do it harm.

Ursa Major acts as his bodyguard. They met during Jungle Lord's work with Gorilla Man.

Captain America and The Winter Soldier. Cap drags Winter Soldier along on a peacekeeping mission.

The Torch. In this reality, the android is created more or less as a plant by Horton to infiltrate this team.

The Sub Mariner. He has similar interests here as Cap does, only for Atlantis.

Leviathan. In this reality, she took the form of the inhabitants of Savage Land, but, not truly being one of them, she joins the team hoping for a place to truly belong.

Green Goblin, Hobgoblin and Guardian. Since his time with the Dark Avengers, Goblin feels it's his place to be on any new endeavors moving forward and he gets in because Guardian vouches for them.

Demolition Man is there in exchange for the favors done for him by the Power Broker.

Amazing Member

The X-Plorers! When an outpost on Arakko picks up a distress call that could have only originated from Counter-Earth, the Krakoan Science Division sends its own team into space to investigate!

Beast / Hank McCoy: The Chief Scientist
    Darwin / Armando Munoz: The Adaptational Defenses
    Manifold / Eden Fesi: The Transporter
    Cipher / Doug Ramsey: The Communicator
    Nature Girl / Lin Li: The Xenobiologist
    Box / Madison Jeffries: The Technician
    Cecilia Reyes: The Medic

As the mission continues, it appears that some members of the team know more about the true nature of the mission than they've let on- are they there to save Counter-Earth, or to claim it as their own? Light-years from their home, will these X-Men survive as they begin to turn on each other?
    Last edited by CaptainCroatia; 02-08-2022 at 03:53 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Always love some American Eagle!
    Same here, ever since he beat the living s*** out of Bullseye in the post-Civil War/Initiative-era Thunderbolts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.