Page 41 of 132 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^TY, and i dig your Big Four!

My favorite Defenders line up is the Big Four and what i call the C-list Three, Nighthawk/Valkyrie/Hellcat.
    So, add the MCU version of Val from The Exiles, The Falcon, and...no idea for Hellcat.
    yes, same here as it turns out! MCU Valkyrie and Falcon are good choices!

I'd suggest to use Misty Knight for the Hellcat spot. T'Challa has the cat-theme covered already, but past that, Misty would probably hand Patsy's ass to her, if they were ever to throw down for some reason.... having her and Luke both around would be similar to having Helstrom on the team after he and Patsy split up

there was also an alt-reality female version of Jericho Drumm named Sister Voodoo at one point - since we'd have to go multiversal to get MCU Valkyrie anyway, we could always use her instead of Jericho, for a better gender balance.
    Last edited by Aarkus; 02-08-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCroatia View Post
    The X-Plorers! When an outpost on Arakko picks up a distress call that could have only originated from Counter-Earth, the Krakoan Science Division sends its own team into space to investigate!

Beast / Hank McCoy: The Chief Scientist
    Darwin / Armando Munoz: The Adaptational Defenses
    Manifold / Eden Fesi: The Transporter
    Cipher / Doug Ramsey: The Communicator
    Nature Girl / Lin Li: The Xenobiologist
    Box / Madison Jeffries: The Technician
    Cecilia Reyes: The Medic

As the mission continues, it appears that some members of the team know more about the true nature of the mission than they've let on- are they there to save Counter-Earth, or to claim it as their own? Light-years from their home, will these X-Men survive as they begin to turn on each other?
    ^^^I may not be a fan of the Krakoa era, but I’d read the hell out of that story!

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    yes, same here as it turns out! MCU Valkyrie and Falcon are good choices!

I'd suggest to use Misty Knight for the Hellcat spot. T'Challa has the cat-theme covered already, but past that, Misty would probably hand Patsy's ass to her, if they were ever to throw down for some reason.... having her and Luke both around would be similar to having Helstrom on the team after he and Patsy split up

there was also an alt-reality female version of Jericho Drumm named Sister Voodoo at one point - since we'd have to go multiversal to get MCU Valkyrie anyway, we could always use her instead of Jericho, for a better gender balance.
    ^^^thats great reasoning for Misty Knight, damn!

Amazing Member

I don't like the Krakoa era either (I think too many mutants act OOC, and if there was a time to do it, it was after AvX), but this is how I'd salvage it for myself!

^^^thats great reasoning for Misty Knight, damn!
    thank you.

I should also mention that I'd consider using Bill Foster in the "Hulk" seat, had he not been killed during Civil War. he and Bruce are both scientists and one of Hulk's most prominent Silver Age nicknames was "The Green Goliath", so it dovetails nicely from that angle.

I don't like the Krakoa era either (I think too many mutants act OOC, and if there was a time to do it, it was after AvX), but this is how I'd salvage it for myself!
    ^^^i hear that!

thank you.

I should also mention that I'd consider using Bill Foster in the "Hulk" seat, had he not been killed during Civil War. he and Bruce are both scientists and one of Hulk's most prominent Silver Age nicknames was "The Green Goliath", so it dovetails nicely from that angle.
    ^^^That’s pretty good; I miss the goofy nickname days. Green Goliath, Jade Jaws…Giant Man was High Pockets…

I was thinking Rage in the Hulk spot. Because well, “rage”. Plus he gets stronger as he gets madder!

The X-Plorers! When an outpost on Arakko picks up a distress call that could have only originated from Counter-Earth, the Krakoan Science Division sends its own team into space to investigate!

Beast / Hank McCoy: The Chief Scientist
    Darwin / Armando Munoz: The Adaptational Defenses
    Manifold / Eden Fesi: The Transporter
    Cipher / Doug Ramsey: The Communicator
    Nature Girl / Lin Li: The Xenobiologist
    Box / Madison Jeffries: The Technician
    Cecilia Reyes: The Medic

As the mission continues, it appears that some members of the team know more about the true nature of the mission than they've let on- are they there to save Counter-Earth, or to claim it as their own? Light-years from their home, will these X-Men survive as they begin to turn on each other?
    I like this. Also not a fan of the Krakoa era (not been a fan of the X-Men ever since Schism, in fact), but this is the kind of storyline I'b be intrested in seeing. Always prefered the X-Men as a team, a squad, then as a "race".

Peace

Let's see. I like brainy characters, so:

Blue Marvel, Beast, Black Panther, Spider-Man (Parker), IronHeart, Athena (Olympians)
    Moon Girl
    (consultant, not in the field)

I'd have to come up with a new name. Not the Ultimates, Defenders, etc.
    Ah. I'll keep the name to myself for now.

^^^That’s pretty good; I miss the goofy nickname days. Green Goliath, Jade Jaws…Giant Man was High Pockets…

I was thinking Rage in the Hulk spot. Because well, “rage”. Plus he gets stronger as he gets madder!
    that's also clever. Rage's teenage "impetuousness" would be similar to Hulk's own "smash first, talk later" approach, but in a way that actually allows the others to mentor him a bit

Amazing Member

The Young Avengers! In a bid to claim profit and influence, Ezekiel Stane takes advantage of a lapse in Tony Stark's trademarks and dubs himself Iron Man. He goes around creating a team of off-brand Avengers, all young folks in their teens to mid-twenties like him, to defeat villains and acquire clout. However, as time goes on, the genuine heroic attitude of his teammates begins to rub off on Stane, and he begins to realize that this "altruism" thing might have some weight to it.

Insufferable Iron Man / Ezekiel Stane: the leader of our band of misfits.

Thor Girl / Tarene Olson: she's got her old name and her current powerset; despite being underestimated by everyone, she's not a fight you'd want to pick.

Nomad / Chase Stein: The ex-Runaway's spent his off-time using his scientific aptitude to enhance himself. Now at near-peak human strength, he picks a patriotic codename synonymous with his old team.

Rage / Elvin Haliday: The former New Warrior's looking to get back into action, and his "punch first, ask questions later" ideology is perfect for Stane's substitute Hulk.

Finesse / Jeanne Foucalt: She's always had a mischievous streak about her, and her ability to replicate any action makes her a capable martial artist (and an easy choice to be the team's Black Widow).
    Last edited by CaptainCroatia; 02-09-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The Young Avengers! In a bid to claim profit and influence, Ezekiel Stane takes advantage of a lapse in Tony Stark's trademarks and dubs himself Iron Man. He goes around creating a team of off-brand Avengers, all young folks in their teens to mid-twenties like him, to defeat villains and acquire clout. However, as time goes on, the genuine heroic attitude of his teammates begins to rub off on Stane, and he begins to realize that this "altruism" thing might have some weight to it.

Insufferable Iron Man / Ezekiel Stane: the leader of our band of misfits.

Thor Girl / Tarene Olson: she's got her old name and her current powerset; despite being underestimated by everyone, she's not a fight you'd want to pick.

Nomad / Chase Stein: The ex-Runaway's spent his off-time using his scientific aptitude to enhance himself. Now at near-peak human strength, he picks a patriotic codename synonymous with his old team.

Rage / Elvin Haliday: The former New Warrior's looking to get back into action, and his "punch first, ask questions later" ideology is perfect for Stane's substitute Hulk.

Finesse / Jeanne Foucalt: She's always had a mischievous streak about her, and her ability to replicate any action makes her a capable martial artist (and an easy choice to be the team's Black Widow).
    Oh, this would have immense potential. I like it. "Insufferable Iron Man." That's a good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Young Avengers! In a bid to claim profit and influence, Ezekiel Stane....
    oh yeah, that one could grow legs for sure.

you could even take Zeke's plans a step further: have him form this team not just for the public clout; but also because he's secretly reverse-engineering all the tech they confiscate from villains, to add his own "improvements" to Stark's armor design and claim the result as "his" invention... during the process, his plans are somewhat "deflated" by seeing how selfless the rest of the team is. this prompts him to come clean to the team, and to Stark, who ends up encouraging him to carry on (with a change to his code name, for obvious reasons)... so he ends up getting a power boost along with his redemption.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

oh yeah, that one could grow legs for sure.

you could even take Zeke's plans a step further: have him form this team not just for the public clout; but also because he's secretly reverse-engineering all the tech they confiscate from villains, to add his own "improvements" to Stark's armor design and claim the result as "his" invention... during the process, his plans are somewhat "deflated" by seeing how selfless the rest of the team is. this prompts him to come clean to the team, and to Stark, who ends up encouraging him to carry on (with a change to his code name, for obvious reasons)... so he ends up getting a power boost along with his redemption.
    I like that one as well. Zeke, realizing he's wasted his life and brilliance on selfish schemes that just ended up hurting and killing people, and having a change of heart as a result . . . that would be nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that one as well. Zeke, realizing he's wasted his life and brilliance on selfish schemes that just ended up hurting and killing people, and having a change of heart as a result . . . that would be nice.
    thanks! I feel like the trope of "villain's son follows in dad's footsteps" is a little outplayed at this point. this would put a nice spin on it, I think.

I also like the angle that Zeke could maybe challenge some of the other heroes on this subject: why do they HIDE the tech that they confiscate from villains? all that really accomplishes, is an invitation to steal it back! wouldn't it make more sense to repurpose their tech for positive uses (example: getting hold of the Makluan rings and using "Remaker" to terraform arid land for dessert residents, to help them plant crops and fight hunger. stuff like that)

thanks! I feel like the trope of "villain's son follows in dad's footsteps" is a little outplayed at this point. this would put a nice spin on it, I think.

I also like the angle that Zeke could maybe challenge some of the other heroes on this subject: why do they HIDE the tech that they confiscate from villains? all that really accomplishes, is an invitation to steal it back! wouldn't it make more sense to repurpose their tech for positive uses (example: getting hold of the Makluan rings and using "Remaker" to terraform arid land for dessert residents, to help them plant crops and fight hunger. stuff like that)
    I always wondered (well not always, as a kid I just rolled w. it) why villains don’t just patent their inventions and become millionaires. Guys like Paste Pot Pete and The Wizard would rolling in dough.

I always wondered (well not always, as a kid I just rolled w. it) why villains don’t just patent their inventions and become millionaires. Guys like Paste Pot Pete and The Wizard would rolling in dough.
    I guess that's where the narcissist/megalomaniac and/or "wronged"-colleague-wants-revenge tropes come in handy lol.