Page 42 of 132 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    thanks! I feel like the trope of "villain's son follows in dad's footsteps" is a little outplayed at this point. this would put a nice spin on it, I think.

I also like the angle that Zeke could maybe challenge some of the other heroes on this subject: why do they HIDE the tech that they confiscate from villains? all that really accomplishes, is an invitation to steal it back! wouldn't it make more sense to repurpose their tech for positive uses (example: getting hold of the Makluan rings and using "Remaker" to terraform arid land for dessert residents, to help them plant crops and fight hunger. stuff like that)
    You're welcome, and that would be a very good angle to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I always wondered (well not always, as a kid I just rolled w. it) why villains don’t just patent their inventions and become millionaires. Guys like Paste Pot Pete and The Wizard would rolling in dough.
    I guess that's where the narcissist/megalomaniac and/or "wronged"-colleague-wants-revenge tropes come in handy lol.
    I believe Spider-Man put it well in Part 2 of the X-Men/Spider-Man novel trilogy Time's Arrow when recounting his origin to Bishop, that it wasn't just about getting money and fame anymore, at least not as much as showing up anyone and everyone who'd ever laughed at, mocked, or dismissed him, something he realized could have led him down the same path as a lot of "gifted" villains if not for what happened to his Uncle Ben as a result of his callous carelessness.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I guess that's where the narcissist/megalomaniac and/or "wronged"-colleague-wants-revenge tropes come in handy lol.
    ^^^So true. Ego. It’s not just a living planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I believe Spider-Man put it well in Part 2 of the X-Men/Spider-Man novel trilogy Time's Arrow when recounting his origin to Bishop, that it wasn't just about getting money and fame anymore, at least not as much as showing up anyone and everyone who'd ever laughed at, mocked, or dismissed him, something he realized could have led him down the same path as a lot of "gifted" villains if not for what happened to his Uncle Ben as a result of his callous carelessness.
    ^^^Dammit now you got me all teary eyed…

^^^So true. Ego. It’s not just a living planet!

^^^Dammit now you got me all teary eyed…
    My apologies.

My apologies.
    ^^^nah, a good cry clears the sinuses!

^^^nah, a good cry clears the sinuses!
    That it does.

Was noodling around w. DC’s Zoo Crew line up, and it turned into something I wasn’t planning at first.. :

SENTRY (Captain Carrot)
    Both CC and Sentry wear bright yellow outfits. Once that got stuck in my head everything kinda fell into place. Sentry was seriously abused during King in Black, to the point that I felt sorry for him (and I dislike Sentry a LOT). Anyway he ends up alive again, but he’s not at full power (yet), so he scrounges up a team of ne’er do wells, takes the T-Bolt name and goes after the characters that used him/got him killed/desecrated his corpse.

IRONCLAD (Pig Iron)
    Pretty easy switch here. Both characters are metallic skinned powerhouses. I believe this’d be the first time one of the U-Foes operated w. a different team.

SHORTPACK (Little Cheese)
    A psychic, Shortpack can keep the team mentally connected during missions. At eight inches tall he’s great at espionage/infiltration. Like an action figure he even comes w. his own teeny tiny weapons, vehicles, and accessories.

WITCHFIRE (Alley Kat-Abra)
    She's the daughter of the Demon Lord Belasco, and briefly ruled Limbo. A powerful magician who’s tried the hero thing w. mixed results.

AMERICAN SON (American Eagle)
    Okay well I’m pretty sure it’s not Harry Osborn wearing the armor, or Gabriel Stacy but, seeing as armor will only work for an Osborn, exactly who Sentry found to wear it will be a big reveal.

BRIGHT STAR (Yankee Poodle)
    Caught up in one of those “villain alters reality for their own purposes” deals, Bright Star wound up getting a flying brick type powerset as well as intangibility and energy aura. Things didn’t go as planned though, and she’s got some anger issues to work out.

BLUR (Fastback)
    Blur’s not so much a bad guy as he is a refugee from a dead Earth. That’s really messed w. his head. I wanted someone on the team to act as Sentry’s conscience. This prob. won’t end well for the speedster though.

MR. ABNORMAL (Rubber Duck)
    This is the first 616 appearance of a bad guy that debuted in the MC2 (Earth-982) as an enemy of Spider-Girl. He has stretching powers on a Plastic Man level, able to disguise himself as inanimate objects, form weapons w. his body. He’s got a happy go lucky psychotic personality, and really enjoys his work.

Was noodling around w. DC’s Zoo Crew line up, and it turned into something I wasn’t planning at first.. :

SENTRY (Captain Carrot)
    Both CC and Sentry wear bright yellow outfits. Once that got stuck in my head everything kinda fell into place. Sentry was seriously abused during King in Black, to the point that I felt sorry for him (and I dislike Sentry a LOT). Anyway he ends up alive again, but he’s not at full power (yet), so he scrounges up a team of ne’er do wells, takes the T-Bolt name and goes after the characters that used him/got him killed/desecrated his corpse.

IRONCLAD (Pig Iron)
    Pretty easy switch here. Both characters are metallic skinned powerhouses. I believe this’d be the first time one of the U-Foes operated w. a different team.

SHORTPACK (Little Cheese)
    A psychic, Shortpack can keep the team mentally connected during missions. At eight inches tall he’s great at espionage/infiltration. Like an action figure he even comes w. his own teeny tiny weapons, vehicles, and accessories.

WITCHFIRE (Alley Kat-Abra)
    She's the daughter of the Demon Lord Belasco, and briefly ruled Limbo. A powerful magician who’s tried the hero thing w. mixed results.

AMERICAN SON (American Eagle)
    Okay well I’m pretty sure it’s not Harry Osborn wearing the armor, or Gabriel Stacy but, seeing as armor will only work for an Osborn, exactly who Sentry found to wear it will be a big reveal.

BRIGHT STAR (Yankee Poodle)
    Caught up in one of those “villain alters reality for their own purposes” deals, Bright Star wound up getting a flying brick type powerset as well as intangibility and energy aura. Things didn’t go as planned though, and she’s got some anger issues to work out.

BLUR (Fastback)
    Blur’s not so much a bad guy as he is a refugee from a dead Earth. That’s really messed w. his head. I wanted someone on the team to act as Sentry’s conscience. This prob. won’t end well for the speedster though.

MR. ABNORMAL (Rubber Duck)
    This is the first 616 appearance of a bad guy that debuted in the MC2 (Earth-982) as an enemy of Spider-Girl. He has stretching powers on a Plastic Man level, able to disguise himself as inanimate objects, form weapons w. his body. He’s got a happy go lucky psychotic personality, and really enjoys his work.
    Sounds like a solid lineup and premise.

Sounds like a solid lineup and premise.
    ^^^Thank you, appreciate the feedback!

^^^Thank you, appreciate the feedback!
    You're very welcome.

An Avengers Forever/Exiles-ish type team of alt reality characters modeled on the OG Avengers and their first line up changes.

• There’s an IRON MAN in the year 3030 who’s actually Tony Stark’s granddaughter Rhodey Stark.

• The daughter of The Hulk and Thundra, LYRA has her dad’s skin tone and her mom’s fashion sense.

• Her name is BRIGID THORSDOTTER and she’s, well, Thor’s daughter, a blacksmith by trade.

• A legacy hero, STINGER has an outfit that honors her dad Scott Lang, the second Ant-Man.

• Henry Pym Jr. goes by THE WASP, and he’s the high flying son of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne.

• After their first adventure, Lyra will leave the team (under good terms). It won’t be long before they run across CAPTAIN AMERICA Dani Cage the daughter of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. She joins the team and it’s not long before she’s acknowledged as the natural leader.

All good things must come to an end, and after several adventures Rhodey, Brigid, Cassie and Henry all head back to their respective realities. Not one to let a good thing go, Dani puts together a kooky new team.

• CAPTAIN AMERICA is the leader of course.

• HAWKEYE is Kate Bishop all grown up and even more like her mentor than ever in wildcard behavior and snark.

• BLUE STREAK is a mutant super speedster. She’s modeled herself after her idol, Pietro Maximoff, Quicksilver.

• WICCAN comes from a reality where his twin brother and mother are dead. He def. need a good support system.

^^^ both of those ideas are pretty cool. anything spotlighting the Dani Cage version of Cap gets instant approval on my end ^^^

^^^ both of those ideas are pretty cool. anything spotlighting the Dani Cage version of Cap gets instant approval on my end ^^^
    Very much cosigned there.

Ultimate Member

All good things must come to an end, and after several adventures Rhodey, Brigid, Cassie and Henry all head back to their respective realities. Not one to let a good thing go, Dani puts together a kooky new team.

• CAPTAIN AMERICA is the leader of course.

• HAWKEYE is Kate Bishop all grown up and even more like her mentor than ever in wildcard behavior and snark.

• BLUE STREAK is a mutant super speedster. She’s modeled herself after her idol, Pietro Maximoff, Quicksilver.

• WICCAN comes from a reality where his twin brother and mother are dead. He def. need a good support system.
    I like both of these teams, in all their rule 63 glory, and particularly for the use of Danielle 'I am the shield!' Cage/Captain America.

Although, I'd forgotten that Hank was Ant-Man still, at the beginning, and had not yet become Giant-Man, so I was wondering why you had Cassie in her Stinger identity and not her Stature role. Turns out you knew what you were doing! To be on-theme, she'd be mirroring the Ant-Man role first.

Very much cosigned there.
    ^^^She seems like such a great character!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like both of these teams, in all their rule 63 glory, and particularly for the use of Danielle 'I am the shield!' Cage/Captain America.

Although, I'd forgotten that Hank was Ant-Man still, at the beginning, and had not yet become Giant-Man, so I was wondering why you had Cassie in her Stinger identity and not her Stature role. Turns out you knew what you were doing! To be on-theme, she'd be mirroring the Ant-Man role first.
    ^^^Yeah, i guess by the time the team splits up she'd be in her Stature identity. Great catch.