Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    well, Mantis is in space with GoTG these days and I wasn't sure if her telepathy upgrade was still intact as I haven't been reading that book. I'm a big Sersi fan but I like the Eternals in their own corner for the most part... I also figure Druig would make more sense than the others if I was going to include an Eternal as the team telepath
    Last I knew, Druig was supposed to be a bad guy. Has that pesky synergy with the MCU already kicked in? Is Ikaris also the bad guy now?

Peace

PS: The questions are legitmate. I really haven't been following the Eternals in comics (and I found the movie a real bore).

the Eternals comic have been really good i think. but druig is still a bad guy and the Eternals are still good(well, "good" is kinda subjective since they treat the Deviants worse in the comics). the only thing that they took from the mcu is having Makkari look like the mcu actress.

Quote Originally Posted by classyjazzy View Post
    the Eternals comic have been really good i think. but druig is still a bad guy and the Eternals are still good(well, "good" is kinda subjective since they treat the Deviants worse in the comics). the only thing that they took from the mcu is having Makkari look like the mcu actress.
    Quasar must be real sad for losing his bro/pal, Makkari. Did he/she go deaf, also? What was the explanation? Was there one?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Quasar must be real sad for losing his bro/pal, Makkari. Did he/she go deaf, also? What was the explanation? Was there one?

Peace
    as far as I know, it's just that they were "reborn" yet again, via "The Machine", and can come back as a different gender with each resurrection, if they wish. someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also switch up Ajak in the comics recently?

I just thought of this... but, with the recent revelation that a human dies each time an Eternal is reincarnated, they could use this to explain the gender swaps, by saying each time they resurrect, it's with the traits of the human who died for it... so like, Makkari's "sacrificial human" was a deaf woman, so that's the new "body", until the next resurrection cycle or whatever
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-20-2022 at 10:13 AM.

China’s never had any luck fielding it’s own superteam at Marvel.
    China Force, People’s Defense Force, The Dynasty, The Ascendants…they're all really generic, used as fodder to prove how dangerous the bad guy is before he gets beaten by The Avengers/FF/X-team, or both.

Putting together a few characters I like into a team. It can’t be any worse than the actual teams that have been done.

STAR
    Okay first off, gotta work on a better name. This guy was set up as China’s Captain America. He wears (what seems to be) powered armor, carries a Shield (of course), and dual wields handguns (probably QSZ-92’s) like a boss. A blank slate, I’d make it a point to flesh out his backstory/personality, and find out how he wound up w. this high profile gig.

COLLECTIVE MAN
    Along w. Radioactive Man (see below) Collective Man is one of China’s two biggest guns. When the five Tao-Yu bros. merge they can draw on the the lifeforce of the Chinese population, gaining the strength of up to 1 billion ppl. They can transform other ppl into Collective Man duplicates, and absorb their bodies and mass to grow to enormous size.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
    A brilliant Nuclear Physicist exposed to high radiation levels, Chen Lu gained Thor level strength, invulnerability, and the ability to generate/absorb/manipulate radiation across the microwave spectrum. Concussive blasts, force fields, and EMPs are just a few of the things he can do. Considered a villain in the U.S. he’s a national hero in China.

BAN-LUCK
    For a spy, Ban-Luck isn’t very subtle. She’s more like a celebrity, really. Still, she’s very good at catching bad guys, and even better at dealing w. foreign operatives and heroes while protecting China’s interests. An accomplished gymnast and martial artist, her high tech tri-noculars can gauge energy as well allowing for threat determination.

RED LOTUS
    Well educated, street smart, and ruthless, w. solid MA skills and mutant strength/speed, Red Lotus was set to take over his grandfather’s Australian branch of The Triad before meeting The X-Men and considering a different path. Having committed no crimes in China, his place on the team is legit. His past however, will surely come back and bite him.

ALICE GULLIVER
    A cop like her dad, Gulliver became Hong Kong’s magical Guardian after her mom passed away. She rarely uses magic directly, instead imbuing her weapons/equipment w. hexes and spells. Ordered by her superiors (who were ordered by the Govt.) to join the team as a member/liaison, Gulliver will follow orders. She’s not wearing a costume though. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    is China a communist nation in Marvel canon? I feel like that would play a pretty big determining factor in who their supers would be and what their M.O. would look like. Collective Man sure seems like an ideal candidate, if that is the case. I'm not familiar with these characters aside from Radioactive Man, but it sounds like s solid idea!

Is China a communist nation in this world???
    You should add Jade Dragon on that mix, as their own Hulk.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

is China a communist nation in Marvel canon? I feel like that would play a pretty big determining factor in who their supers would be and what their M.O. would look like. Collective Man sure seems like an ideal candidate, if that is the case. I'm not familiar with these characters aside from Radioactive Man, but it sounds like s solid idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Is China a communist nation in this world???
    You should add Jade Dragon on that mix, as their own Hulk.
    Thanks for the replies, guys!
    I thought of adding Jade Dragon, but never wound up doing it. And, I’ve always liked international teams/characters, seeing what they get up to around the world.
    It blame it on John Byrne and Alpha Flight!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 03-22-2022 at 05:50 AM.

I’ve always liked international teams/characters, seeing what they get up to around the world.
    It blame it on John Byrne and Alpha Flight!
    same! Alpha Flight worked as-is because American and Canadian governments operate in somewhat similar fashion... that said, I often feel like International teams and characters are presented in comics in a fashion that assumes their governments are similar to North American/European styles of governance, which isn't always the case. It's fun to explore what super-heroes from other parts of the world would be like, no question of that - I do wish tho that sometimes their existence under a different style of government, would be reflected in ways like differing moralities, sense of "acceptable losses" and such.
    like, it might sound horrifying, but the idea of someone from the real world, like Kim Jong-un for example, having access to super-powered individuals - would those folks be blind to only his agenda? would they have internal conflicts about working for someone like that, while watching how they treat the general populace? those kinds of character explorations would make it more engaging for me than just simply "let's pretend the Avengers are from China" or whatever...
    I feel like presenting international teams as just their homeland's version of "American super team x" kind of does a disservice to those characters, by immediately treating them as a knock-off; when subtleties like this remain unexplored in their stories.

^^^good read/points!

I’m pretty much like mind. while I dont mind the similarities to American teams being played up, the differences in morality and relationships to the Govt. should def. be explored.
    It’s like, in America passing the Superhuman Registration Act led to a Civil War, while most other Countries have been shown to basically have been doing that for ages, and have gainfully employed their Superhuman populations in various manners.

^^^good read/points!

I’m pretty much like mind. while I dont mind the similarities to American teams being played up, the differences in morality and relationships to the Govt. should def. be explored.
    It’s like, in America passing the Superhuman Registration Act led to a Civil War, while most other Countries have been shown to basically have been doing that for ages, and have gainfully employed their Superhuman populations in various manners.
    yessir! you get the idea

Marvel's Superfriends:

Hyperion
    Moon Knight
    Valkyrie
    Namor
    Shaman
    (Apache Chief)
    Striker (Black Vulcan)
    Aero (Samurai)
    Cloak (El Dorado)
    Reptil (Zan)
    Wave (Jayna)

Marvel's Superfriends:

Hyperion
    Moon Knight
    Valkyrie
    Namor
    Shaman
    (Apache Chief)
    Striker (Black Vulcan)
    Aero (Samurai)
    Cloak (El Dorado)
    Reptil (Zan)
    Wave (Jayna)
    Okay now I wanna try that one!

Was scrolling through a list of Alpha Flight villains, saw Jerome Jaxon in his wheelchair and got the basic idea.
    I immediately thought of Roger Bochs’ storyline(s) in the old AF book and had a viable Robotman. More scrolling got me Michael Pointer.
    I’d forgotten Nekra was even in an AF book a few decades ago but she was on the list, too.

An evil Canadian version of The Doom Patrol…:

JEROME JAXON (Niles Caulder)
    Jaxon is a brilliant engineer, former executive of Roxxon Oil, and a nemesis of Alpha Flight’s Guardian (who Jaxon blames for costing him his job, his family, and his ability to walk after a failed suicide attempt). This isn’t the first team Jaxon’s put together, but this time he’s actually not going after Hudson. He’s got other more lucrative plans he’d like to check off his evil to-do list. Revenge is sweet, but money makes the world go round, after all.

ROGER BOCHS (Cliff Steele)
    Bochs’ time in Alpha Flight basically served to drive him insane. He was kicked to the curb by Aroura (who only liked him after he got himself a new body, which unfortunately was made out of dead ppl and started to corrode), became fused into a Cronenberg monster then rendered brain dead by his best friend Madison Jeffries, who then took Bochs’ greatest invention for himself. Jerome Jaxon’s built multiple robots based on Bochs’ original design, w. an upgrade that automatically transfers his consiousness into a different robot if his current one becomes too damaged. Now Bochs doesn’t ever have to assume human form again which suits him fine.

Michael Pointer (Larry Trainor)
    Michael Pointer started out as a mutant able to absorb the powers and personalities of other mutants and turn it all into incredibly destructive energy. His physical body has since become a kind of doorway, and that energy? It’s gained a kind of sentience that calls itself The Collective and uses him to reach our world. Always in danger of burning out his physical form, Pointer needs to wear a containment suit at all times. When he releases The Collective, he can feel just how alien this thing he’s a part of really is, and that it’d gladly get rid of him if their relationship weren’t so symbiotic.

NEKRA SINCLAIR (Kay Challis)
    Nekra’s suffered a lot of emotional trauma in her life. Her mutant nature was evident at birth. She had chalk white skin and disturbingly vampiric features. So yeah, she was ostracized by her family and community since before she could walk. She then ran away from home at 14 and fell into a life of crime. And when it comes to men? No luck at all. The Mandrill, Black Talon, The Grim Reaper…these guys all used and or abused her during their relationships. The thing is though,while all that suffering has served to unhinge her mentally, it’s also literally made Nekra stronger. Her mutant power turns her negative emotions into physical power.

Ultimate Member

China Force, People’s Defense Force, The Dynasty, The Ascendants… they're all really generic, used as fodder to prove how dangerous the bad guy is before he gets beaten by The Avengers/FF/X-team, or both.
    STAR
    COLLECTIVE MAN
    RADIOACTIVE MAN
    BAN-LUCK
    RED LOTUS
    ALICE GULLIVER
    Neat line up! I'd not heard of Star, Ban-Luck or Alice Gulliver, but Collective Man, Radioactive Man and Red Lotus are cool choices.

I'd third the suggestion of Jade Dragon, 'cause he's super-cool.

There are a surprising number of options for Chinese heroes. Just for mutants, the Xorn brothers, Sway, Auric & Silver, Jade Dragon, Jubilation Lee, Nature Girl, Sprite and Eosimias, and various non-mutants like Jimmy Woo, Shang-Chi, Sword Master, Aero, Iso, the Cat / Shen Kuei, Colleen Wing, Wong, Temujin, Push, Coldmoon & Dragonfire, Scientific Beast, Lady of Ten Suns, Ninth Immortal, Princess of Clouds, Most Perfect Hero, Nuwa and Spirit Animal.

I thought China Force had potential. A team based on the twelve creatures of the Chinese zodiac? I could work with that! Jade Dragon as 'the dragon.' Eosimias could represent 'the tiger.' Someone could don a Grasshopper armor suit and be 'the rabbit.' Etc.