Page 48 of 130 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Ran across this…

…and came up w. this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ran across this…

…and came up w. this.
    Genis! loved that character, hated how he got handled toward the end of his tenure. this looks cool. who's the winged character? looks a bit like Pixie to me, if she had the Phoenix Force

alternate/replacement Justice League lineups, in Marvel style... nice idea.... how about an Avengers line-up mirroring Joe Kelly's "Obsidian Age" storyline... ends up looking like a Thunderbolts/Defenders/Secret Avengers mash-up that I kinda dig:

Winter Soldier (Nightwing - the classic sidekicks)
    Hawkeye (Green Arrow)
    Valkyrie Hawkgirl
    Ant-Man The Atom
    Scarlett Witch Zatanna
    Nova (Rich) Firestorm (was Ronnie in this case)
    Moondragon Faith
    Isaac Christians Jason Blood
    Sandman Major Disaster (reformed villains with elemental abilities who joined the top-tier hero teams for a period)
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-26-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    Genis! loved that character, hated how he got handled toward the end of his tenure. this looks cool. who's the winged character? looks a bit like Pixie to me, if she had the Phoenix Force
    Songbird of the Thunderbolts. As a plus, she has a complicated relationship with Genis-vell.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Songbird of the Thunderbolts. As a plus, she has a complicated relationship with Genis-vell.

Peace
    sweet, thank you. I've only read T-bolts back issues in bite sized chunks so I don't know the character histories very well.

I agree this is clever... tho I must say, White Tiger and Black Panther would be welcome additions, if you're open to it. why not go all-in on the feline angle? lol
    Thanks guys. And those two would be great additions. I need Marvel to get on this LOL

Astonishing Member

Marvel Freedom Fighters

Cap
    Spectrum
    Ironfist
    Red Raven
    Ant man/ Scott
    Shadowcat
    Lockheed
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-27-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Marvel Freedom Fighters

Cap
    Spectrum
    Ironfist
    Red Raven
    Ant man/ Scott
    Shadowcat
    Lockheed
    I did a similar idea, using all-POC characters, a few pages back. I think it kinda flew under the radar but I really liked it so I'm gonna paste it here:

During some multiversal shenanigans, a reality in which the Red Skull won WWII and successfully subjugated his earth, catches the attention of none other than Captain America, aka Sam Wilson. This prompts him to assemble a group of heroes from his earth, to relocate to this reality and attempt to take down the Skull's regime. He takes on a new codename and purposefully recruits a black/Muslim team, as an extra middle finger to Mr. Schmidt, calling themselves:

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters

Sam Wilson (covers Uncle Sam symbolically while also functioning as this team's Black Condor)
    Silhouette (Phantom Lady)
    Spectrum (The Ray)
    Black Panther (Human Bomb - the kinetic energy storage in T'Challa's vibranium suit allows him to throw similarly "explosive" punches)
    Big Brother* (Doll Man)
    Ms. Marvel (Plastic Man, assuming we leave Kamala's original powers intact)

*for those unaware of who Big Brother is, here's a helpful link: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thoma...er_(Earth-616)

^^^Ty, I’m a Genis fan, too! I’m glad he’s coming back.

alternate/replacement Justice League lineups, in Marvel style... nice idea.... how about an Avengers line-up mirroring Joe Kelly's "Obsidian Age" storyline... ends up looking like a Thunderbolts/Defenders/Secret Avengers mash-up that I kinda dig:

Winter Soldier (Nightwing - the classic sidekicks)
    Hawkeye (Green Arrow)
    Valkyrie Hawkgirl
    Ant-Man The Atom
    Scarlett Witch Zatanna
    Nova (Rich) Firestorm (was Ronnie in this case)
    Moondragon Faith
    Isaac Christians Jason Blood
    Sandman Major Disaster (reformed villains with elemental abilities who joined the top-tier hero teams for a period)
    ^^^nooice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    ^^^yeah I was having trouble working backwards from Firestorm so went the other way w. Firehawk and it clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Marvel Freedom Fighters

Cap
    Spectrum
    Ironfist
    Red Raven
    Ant man/ Scott
    Shadowcat
    Lockheed
    I did a similar idea, using all-POC characters, a few pages back. I think it kinda flew under the radar but I really liked it so I'm gonna paste it here:

During some multiversal shenanigans, a reality in which the Red Skull won WWII and successfully subjugated his earth, catches the attention of none other than Captain America, aka Sam Wilson. This prompts him to assemble a group of heroes from his earth, to relocate to this reality and attempt to take down the Skull's regime. He takes on a new codename and purposefully recruits a black/Muslim team, as an extra middle finger to Mr. Schmidt, calling themselves:

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters

Sam Wilson (covers Uncle Sam symbolically while also functioning as this team's Black Condor)
    Silhouette (Phantom Lady)
    Spectrum (The Ray)
    Black Panther (Human Bomb - the kinetic energy storage in T'Challa's vibranium suit allows him to throw similarly "explosive" punches)
    Big Brother* (Doll Man)
    Ms. Marvel (Plastic Man, assuming we leave Kamala's original powers intact)

*for those unaware of who Big Brother is, here's a helpful link: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thoma...er_(Earth-616)
    ^^^Good teams!!!
    I did the FF once, went with…

…Sam Wilson as Uncle Sam, same as you, Aarkus!
    Warpath as the NA Black Condor since Wilson also has wings.
    Hazmat as The Human Bomb.
    Silver Sable as Phantom Lady.
    Sam Alexander Nova as The Ray.
    America Chavez as Miss America.
    Arcturus Rann and Marionette as Doll Man and Doll Woman.

Didn’t think of including Plastic Man though!
    Thin Man is what I’m thinking of…?

SUB-MARINER
    Despite being notoriously antisocial. Namor’s been part of pretty much every major Marvel team (Invaders, Defenders, FF, X-Men, Avengers, Illuminati…) and even started a few of his own. This is one of those.

SERSI
    Seeing Namor and Sersi interact recently got the ball rolling on this build, as I thought they’d make a cool power couple. Sersi could def. stand toe to to w. Namor in terms of having a strong personality, plus she’d get him to have some fun.

WINTER SOLDIER
    If there’s anyone Namor'd trust to watch his six, it’s Bucky Barnes. The two have a mutual respect that stretches back to WWII.

HOPE SUMMERS
    Namor and Hope had some really great chemistry and an actual platonic friendship going on at one point, when both were on the same team. It’d be nice to see that revisited.

FRANKLIN & VALERIA RICHARDS
    If there’s anyone who’s going to look out for the children of Susan Richards, it’s Namor. Noooobody’s gonna mess w. them on his watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    whoa... that would be a cool modern-day version of The Invaders, too. especially with the two "kid" members. nice one. I'll read anything with Sersi in it

whoa... that would be a cool modern-day version of The Invaders, too. especially with the two "kid" members. nice one. I'll read anything with Sersi in it
    Thanks man, and yeah more Sersi!

I tried doing a JSA based on the team from the upcoming Black Adam movie.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I tried doing a JSA based on the team from the upcoming Black Adam movie.
    ^^^Okay, okay! This is a very cool build, I dig it!
    I wanted to try a version, without double dipping any of your picks.