Page 63 of 127 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

A handful of young heroes from different realities take up the Avengers name as they band together to confront the threat of the parasitic sentient corporation called THE HEXUS, which is intent on expanding its influence across the Marvel Multiverse and has made inroads into each of their worlds.

CRUSADER (Earth-9811)
    Sarah Rogers, the daughter of Rogue and Captain America (the greatest Avengers leader ever), is picking up right where her dad left off, taking charge of the team.

SPIDER-BOY (Earth-9602)
    Peter Ross has the power to control his personal gravity, and his web-pistol has a ton of cool uses. Plus, anyone who’s even half Peter Parker is going to be smart as hell.

J2 (Earth-982)
    Zane Yama is the super strong, nigh invulnerable, and surprisingly nerdy, son of the unstoppable Juggernaut. Still a teenager, his powers haven’t fully manifested yet.

THE WASP (Earth-10943)
    Henry Jr. was born infused w. Pym particles, and the combined abilities of his parents, Henry Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Like father like son, he also has a genius I.Q. going.

GEENA DRAKE (Earth-691)
    Her ability to “see” different worlds and timelines, makes Geena invaluable against THE HEXUS. She’s also highly skilled w. her Galadorian Beamphaser and Badoon Blaster.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    A handful of young heroes from different realities take up the Avengers name as they band together to confront the threat of the parasitic sentient corporation called THE HEXUS, which is intent on expanding its influence across the Marvel Multiverse and has made inroads into each of their worlds.

CRUSADER (Earth-9811)
    Sarah Rogers, the daughter of Rogue and Captain America (the greatest Avengers leader ever), is picking up right where her dad left off, taking charge of the team.

SPIDER-BOY (Earth-9602)
    Peter Ross has the power to control his personal gravity, and his web-pistol has a ton of cool uses. Plus, anyone who’s even half Peter Parker is going to be smart as hell.

J2 (Earth-982)
    Zane Yama is the super strong, nigh invulnerable, and surprisingly nerdy, son of the unstoppable Juggernaut. Still a teenager, his powers haven’t fully manifested yet.

THE WASP (Earth-10943)
    Henry Jr. was born infused w. Pym particles, and the combined abilities of his parents, Henry Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Like father like son, he also has a genius I.Q. going.

GEENA DRAKE (Earth-691)
    Her ability to “see” different worlds and timelines, makes Geena invaluable against THE HEXUS. She’s also highly skilled w. her Galadorian Beamphaser and Badoon Blaster.
    Nice! I like the usage of Hexus, the Living Corporation as the main antagonist.

^^^A whole team I’d never heard of; a great synopsis for each of them killed it though!
    Thank you!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Newer Fantastic Four.jpg

Newer Fantastic Four: In a Mirror, Darkly
    It has been twelve years since the original Fantastic Four (Captain Universe, Spinneret, Nightbird and American Son) disappeared while on a mission into the Negative Zone. A new crop of heroes, co-lead by the daughter of Captain Universe and Spinneret, seeks to pick up where they left off and hopefully learn what really happened that fateful day. That is...if they can overcome the looming threat of Annihilus and his Annihilation Wave.

The Skull: Benjamin Beckley is the son of the Comet Man and is an immensely powerful psychic whose powers are said to surpass even those of Charles Xavier and Jean Grey. Having been kept shut off from the world for so long by his father, Ben does not know how to adequately express his own emotions and therefore comes across as arrogant, dismissive and cruel when in reality he is merely flustered. The only person he does not seem to have this problem with is Venom, whom he admires greatly.

Venom: Mayday Parker is the daughter of Captain Universe and Spinneret, the co-leaders of the original Fantastic Four. She lost her parents along with her Uncle Harry and Aunt Gwen when they ventured into The Negative Zone for a secret mission. However, the living armor that protected her Uncle Harry returned through the portal, bonding with Mayday upon making contact with her and turning her into Venom. With a modicum of her father's cosmic awareness, all of her mother's spider-like abilities and the living armor worn by her uncle, she has become a force to be reckoned with.

Iron Maiden: Orphaned as a child, Karen ended up in the care of the original Fantastic Four after she was rescued from the clutches of the madman Phillip Prometheus, who bonded her to another suit of living armor similar to the one worn by American Son. Karen has somewhat low self-esteem due to the mental and emotional trauma inflicted upon her by the cruel Professor Prometheus and has naturally retreated behind the veil of her living armor, as if using it to shield her own heart from any further pain.

Red Ronin: The Red Ronin is a giant transforming battle mech that also serves as the Newer Fantastic Four's mobile base of operations. This colossal skyscraper-sized artificially intelligent titan is equipped with powerful anti-proton weaponry and boasts an armory of highly advanced weapons collected from future eras. It's interior includes sleeping quarters, a computer lab, a recreation room and a command deck that comes complete with a conference center.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Nice! I like the usage of Hexus, the Living Corporation as the main antagonist.
    ^^^Ty!
    I was looking for a reason a group like this would actually come together.

Newer Fantastic Four.jpg

Newer Fantastic Four: In a Mirror, Darkly
    It has been twelve years since the original Fantastic Four (Captain Universe, Spinneret, Nightbird and American Son) disappeared while on a mission into the Negative Zone. A new crop of heroes, co-lead by the daughter of Captain Universe and Spinneret, seeks to pick up where they left off and hopefully learn what really happened that fateful day. That is...if they can overcome the looming threat of Annihilus and his Annihilation Wave.

The Skull: Benjamin Beckley is the son of the Comet Man and is an immensely powerful psychic whose powers are said to surpass even those of Charles Xavier and Jean Grey. Having been kept shut off from the world for so long by his father, Ben does not know how to adequately express his own emotions and therefore comes across as arrogant, dismissive and cruel when in reality he is merely flustered. The only person he does not seem to have this problem with is Venom, whom he admires greatly.

Venom: Mayday Parker is the daughter of Captain Universe and Spinneret, the co-leaders of the original Fantastic Four. She lost her parents along with her Uncle Harry and Aunt Gwen when they ventured into The Negative Zone for a secret mission. However, the living armor that protected her Uncle Harry returned through the portal, bonding with Mayday upon making contact with her and turning her into Venom. With a modicum of her father's cosmic awareness, all of her mother's spider-like abilities and the living armor worn by her uncle, she has become a force to be reckoned with.

Iron Maiden: Orphaned as a child, Karen ended up in the care of the original Fantastic Four after she was rescued from the clutches of the madman Phillip Prometheus, who bonded her to another suit of living armor similar to the one worn by American Son. Karen has somewhat low self-esteem due to the mental and emotional trauma inflicted upon her by the cruel Professor Prometheus and has naturally retreated behind the veil of her living armor, as if using it to shield her own heart from any further pain.

Red Ronin: The Red Ronin is a giant transforming battle mech that also serves as the Newer Fantastic Four's mobile base of operations. This colossal skyscraper-sized artificially intelligent titan is equipped with powerful anti-proton weaponry and boasts an armory of highly advanced weapons collected from future eras. It's interior includes sleeping quarters, a computer lab, a recreation room and a command deck that comes complete with a conference center.
    ^^^This is nice, twisted/dark line up!
    Would make for some fun adventures, IMO.

Also, I was looking for a character yesterday for a build I’m working on, and the Skull is someone I’d have def. picked. I can’t believe he didn’t come up in any of my searches!

^^^Ty!
    I was looking for a reason a group like this would actually come together.

^^^This is nice, twisted/dark line up!
    Would make for some fun adventures, IMO.

Also, I was looking for a character yesterday for a build I’m working on, and the Skull is someone I’d have def. picked. I can’t believe he didn’t come up in any of my searches!
    It's probably because The Skull is Benny Beckley's Earth X counterpart and hasn't made a proper 616 appearance since the 1999 Genis-Vell series.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-19-2022 at 08:40 AM.

It's probably because The Skull is Benny Beckley's Earth X counterpart and hasn't made a proper 616 appearance since the 1999 Genis-Vell series.
    ^^^Yeah, I just kept getting the same 10-12 characters no matter how I worded the searches!

A new (new) Thunderbolts team maybe? A Dark(er) Avengers? At any rate, this one’s based on the new Seven Soldiers of Victory team from the equally new WildC.A.T.S. comic.

SENTRY (Mr. Majestic)
    Sentry’s easily on par w. if not at a higher level than, Majestic.

SPIRAL (Andromache)
    Andromache is a Coda assassin, and Spiral is Mojo’s Dragon, highly skilled in all types of combat as well as magic.

THE PURPLE MAN (Agent Wax)
    Both these characters have the ability to bend others to their will and make them do what they want.

HELLION (Threshold)
    Like Threshold, Hellion is an Uber powerful telekinetic who can turn a human body into paste w. little to no effort.

OMEGA BLACK (Mother One)
    Omega Black’s a Carbonadium infused cyborg which makes her invulnerable, stronger, faster, and just generally better than most. The Carbonadium tentacles implanted in her chest can spread all sorts of cancerous diseases.

THE ABOMINATION (Maul)
    Unlike Maul, who starts out as a genius but loses I.Q. points as he gets bigger/stronger, Emil Blonsky is a potent combination of Hulk level power and the devious mind of a veteran espionage agent.

CROSSBONES (Pike)
    One of the most underrated and highly skilled professional killers in the Marvel Universe. Crossbones isn’t just dumb muscle, he’s a renowned tactician and an asset to any team he’s part of.

^^Nice! I can see it happening!

Now...for something a little sad, I'll even post some sad Final Fantasy music to go with it at the bottom.

The Last Ones.jpg

THE WANDERERS
    Oblivion stands victorious and Death has consumed the Universe, eradicating almost all traces of life across every world. Only a handful of survivors...primarily a Celestial, two human children, an Eternal, the last Princess of Homeworld and the last King in Black remain huddled together around the fire as the darkness encroaches upon the last safe haven for life in all of creation: The Celestial Mothership. But with food scarce and immortality no longer a certainty, how long they can last is anyone's guess.

One Above All: The former leader of The Celestials. He once oversaw the welfare of an entire race of space gods and his actions were responsible for the births of countless individuals from countless races, it is only right that at the end of all things he be there to care for the last of his precious creations.

May Parker & Danielle Cage: The two young girls are all that remains of Humanity and are a testament to Mankind's willingness to endure even at the end of all things. They were found and rescued by The One Above All nearly a month after the end of everything came, despite their initial fear of him mainly due to his height and alien nature, the two girls have managed to form a tight bond with the Last Celestial.

Captain Universe (Marionette) & Hyperion (Zhib-Ran): The sole survivors of The Microverse, with their microscopic reality in flames, the last Enigma Force wielder/Princess of Homeworld and the last Eternal had no choice but to escape to the Macroverse where they found a universe teetering on the brink of annihilation. Now they spend their days wandering the dying universe upon the Celestial Mothership, the final safe haven for all life in the universe, of which there is very little.

Meridus: The being called Meridus is the final Klytnari form of Eddie Brock, a former foe of May Parker's father, and the last King in Black that will ever exist. Though he embraces the coming end of all things, he wishes to experience life just a little longer, to be able to feel just a little longer.

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-19-2022 at 04:47 PM.

^^Nice! I can see it happening!

Now...for something a little sad, I'll even post some sad Final Fantasy music to go with it at the bottom.

The Last Ones.jpg

THE WANDERERS
    Oblivion stands victorious and Death has consumed the Universe, eradicating almost all traces of life across every world. Only a handful of survivors...primarily a Celestial, two human children, an Eternal, the last Princess of Homeworld and the last King in Black remain huddled together around the fire as the darkness encroaches upon the last safe haven for life in all of creation: The Celestial Mothership. But with food scarce and immortality no longer a certainty, how long they can last is anyone's guess.

One Above All: The former leader of The Celestials. He once oversaw the welfare of an entire race of space gods and his actions were responsible for the births of countless individuals from countless races, it is only right that at the end of all things he be there to care for the last of his precious creations.

May Parker & Danielle Cage: The two young girls are all that remains of Humanity and are a testament to Mankind's willingness to endure even at the end of all things. They were found and rescued by The One Above All nearly a month after the end of everything came, despite their initial fear of him mainly due to his height and alien nature, the two girls have managed to form a tight bond with the Last Celestial.

Captain Universe (Marionette) & Hyperion (Zhib-Ran): The sole survivors of The Microverse, with their microscopic reality in flames, the last Enigma Force wielder/Princess of Homeworld and the last Eternal had no choice but to escape to the Macroverse where they found a universe teetering on the brink of annihilation. Now they spend their days wandering the dying universe upon the Celestial Mothership, the final safe haven for all life in the universe, of which there is very little.

Meridus: The being called Meridus is the final Klytnari form of Eddie Brock, a former foe of May Parker's father, and the last King in Black that will ever exist. Though he embraces the coming end of all things, he wishes to experience life just a little longer, to be able to feel just a little longer.

^^^Damn. That IS F’ing sad.

Great work!

^^^Damn. That IS F’ing sad.

Great work!
    Thanks! Now...for something a little more JSA-y!

The New Law Enforcement Squad.jpg

THE LAW ENFORCEMENT SQUAD: ETERNITY
    It is the dawning of a new age on Earth-22519, home to Earth's Mightiest Heroes...THE LAW ENFORCEMENT SQUAD! The heroes of yesteryear are making way for the new, with some passing down their mantles to a new generation while others are new to the superhero scene. Previously, the Hyperion of Earth-1121 ended up stranded on Earth-22519 shortly after the nuclear Armageddon that killed all of his Squadron Supreme teammates hit and is, for now, hanging out with the L.E.S.: Eternity team while trying to get his bearings but can such peaceful, lazy summertime days last forever? Not if the U-FOES have anything to say about it!

Captain Universe/Prince Wayfinder (Starman/Thom Kallor): An eighteen year old time-traveler from the distant future who has come back in time to fulfill the last wishes of his mentor Delphos, he took on the mantle of Captain Universe from the now-retired Ray Coffin shortly after arriving in the 21st Century and has acclimated well to the role, despite being somewhat hot-headed.

Jackpot/Mary Jane Watson (Cyclone/Maxine Hunkle): The niece of "Aunt" Anna Watson, longtime custodian of the L.E.S. Headquarters, Mary Jane is a Mutant with the power to manipulate the forces of Luck and whose incredibly rare secondary mutation allows her control over the wind itself. Going by the name "Jackpot", she has taken her old friend Buck Barnes' place on the L.E.S. as the "new kid" despite having grown up around the original L.E.S. all her life.

Captain Avenger/Rick Jones (Damage/Grant Emerson): An up and coming music star turned superhero, Rick Jones is a superhuman who possesses the might of the Atomic Age itself! While he does take his role as a hero seriously, he is mostly doing it to win the heart of superhero fangirl Marlo Chandler, the most popular girl at New Horizons High School and his best friend.

Marvelman/Michael Joseph Moran (Shazam/Billy Batson): The son of a deceased RAF pilot, when Michael Moran was a kid, he was bonded at the sub-atomic level to an alien being who spoke only one word upon their meeting: "Kimota". By saying this word, the teenage Michael Moran turns into the adult superhero Marvelman!

Dusk/Cassie St. Commons (Jade/Jennifer Lynn-Haden): The heiress to the St. Commons fortune, after being kidnapped and murdered by the Sin Eater, Cassie was brought back from the dead by the enigmatic Black Marvel and granted a uniform from the Negative Zone capable of channeling her new Darkforce-based abilities she gained upon returning to life.

Star Brand/Brandy Selby (Stargirl/Courtney Whitmore): Chosen by The White Event to bear the Star Brand and become Earth's protector, young Brandy Selby ended up becoming the sidekick of the original Captain Universe in order to learn how to control her abilities and grow as a hero. During that time she became close friends with Mary Jane Watson and has developed a friendly rivalry with the current Captain Universe.

Hyperion/Mark Milton (Kingdom Come Superman/Kal-El): The Hyperion of Earth-1121, he ended up stranded on Earth-22519 after Humanity launched all of their nuclear warheads at him and his teammates in the Squadron Supreme, the resulting explosion tore a rift in time and dragged Hyperion in. He does not know what became of his teammates but has managed to keep the faith, regardless of whatever the outcome may be.

Black Cat/Felicia Hardy (Wildcat/Yolanda Montez): A former thief turned superhero, Felicia Hardy is the daughter of a notorious cat burglar who plagued New York City for years until he was finally caught by the original Captain Universe. Felicia began to imitate her father's criminal activities but was persuaded otherwise by Mary Jane's aunt Anna Watson and The Hulk, the leader of the original L.E.S.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-20-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It is the dawning of a new age on Earth-22519, home to Earth's Mightiest Heroes...THE LAW ENFORCEMENT SQUAD! The heroes of yesteryear are making way for the new, with some passing down their mantles to a new generation while others are new to the superhero scene. Previously, the Hyperion of Earth-1121 ended up stranded on Earth-22519 shortly after the nuclear Armageddon that killed all of his Squadron Supreme teammates hit and is, for now, hanging out with the L.E.S.: Eternity team while trying to get his bearings but can such peaceful, lazy summertime days last forever? Not if the U-FOES have anything to say about it!

Captain Universe/Prince Wayfinder (Starman/Thom Kallor): An eighteen year old time-traveler from the distant future who has come back in time to fulfill the last wishes of his mentor Delphos, he took on the mantle of Captain Universe from the now-retired Ray Coffin shortly after arriving in the 21st Century and has acclimated well to the role, despite being somewhat hot-headed.

Jackpot/Mary Jane Watson (Cyclone/Maxine Hunkle): The niece of "Aunt" Anna Watson, longtime custodian of the L.E.S. Headquarters, Mary Jane is a Mutant with the power to manipulate the forces of Luck and whose incredibly rare secondary mutation allows her control over the wind itself. Going by the name "Jackpot", she has taken her old friend Buck Barnes' place on the L.E.S. as the "new kid" despite having grown up around the original L.E.S. all her life.

Captain Avenger/Rick Jones (Damage/Grant Emerson): An up and coming music star turned superhero, Rick Jones is a superhuman who possesses the might of the Atomic Age itself! While he does take his role as a hero seriously, he is mostly doing it to win the heart of superhero fangirl Marlo Chandler, the most popular girl at New Horizons High School and his best friend.

Marvelman/Michael Joseph Moran (Shazam/Billy Batson): The son of a deceased RAF pilot, when Michael Moran was a kid, he was bonded at the sub-atomic level to an alien being who spoke only one word upon their meeting: "Kimota". By saying this word, the teenage Michael Moran turns into the adult superhero Marvelman!

Dusk/Cassie St. Commons (Jade/Jennifer Lynn-Haden): The heiress to the St. Commons fortune, after being kidnapped and murdered by the Sin Eater, Cassie was brought back from the dead by the enigmatic Black Marvel and granted a uniform from the Negative Zone capable of channeling her new Darkforce-based abilities she gained upon returning to life.

Star Brand/Brandy Selby (Stargirl/Courtney Whitmore): Chosen by The White Event to bear the Star Brand and become Earth's protector, young Brandy Selby ended up becoming the sidekick of the original Captain Universe in order to learn how to control her abilities and grow as a hero. During that time she became close friends with Mary Jane Watson and has developed a friendly rivalry with the current Captain Universe.

Hyperion/Mark Milton (Kingdom Come Superman/Kal-El): The Hyperion of Earth-1121, he ended up stranded on Earth-22519 after Humanity launched all of their nuclear warheads at him and his teammates in the Squadron Supreme, the resulting explosion tore a rift in time and dragged Hyperion in. He does not know what became of his teammates but has managed to keep the faith, regardless of whatever the outcome may be.

Black Cat/Felicia Hardy (Wildcat/Yolanda Montez): A former thief turned superhero, Felica Hardy is the daughter of a notorious cat burglar who plagued New York City for years until he was finally caught by the original Captain Universe. Felicia began to imitate her father's criminal activities but was persuaded otherwise by Mary Jane's aunt Anna Watson and The Hulk, the leader of the original L.E.S.
    Sounds like a spectacular team in the making.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds like a spectacular team in the making.
    Thanks, glad you liked it, I got the idea from Fantastic Four Annual 2001. Pretty good if you haven't read it or the rest of the Abraxas Saga.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks, glad you liked it, I got the idea from Fantastic Four Annual 2001. Pretty good if you haven't read it or the rest of the Abraxas Saga.
    You're welcome, and thanks for the recommendation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Black Cat/Felicia Hardy (Wildcat/Yolanda Montez): A former thief turned superhero, Felicia Hardy is the daughter of a notorious cat burglar who plagued New York City for years until he was finally caught by the original Captain Universe. Felicia began to imitate her father's criminal activities but was persuaded otherwise by Mary Jane's aunt Anna Watson and The Hulk, the leader of the original L.E.S.
    Excellent line up. Bonus points for having the U-FOES lurking in the background plotting to take our heroes down!

Excellent line up. Bonus points for having the U-FOES lurking in the background plotting to take our heroes down!
    And they aren't just any U-Foes, it was implied in FF Annual 2001 that Earth-22519's U-FOES are that worlds Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben! *Shock & Awe*

Although...this should be a new generation of U-Foes for L.E.S.: Eternity...maybe I will have to come up with new ones. Let me get my thinking cap on!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-21-2022 at 02:58 AM.