Page 71 of 131 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1961

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Thanks. Now...for something a little different.

Attachment 128527
    THE PARENT TRAP (SPIDER-MAN EDITION)
    Okay, so the story goes is that two people fell in love, got married and had twin daughters but the couple eventually had a rather large falling out, divorced and each took custody of one daughter. The daughters eventually come across one another at Camp and conspire to bring their parents back together with the help of the Mom's butler and the Dad's live-in nanny while also trying to expose the Dad's new fiancée as the money-grubbing gold-digger she really is. This is based on the 1998 movie. I don't know what inspired this, I guess I was just bored and thought I could accomplish it.

Peter Parker (Nick Parker)

Mary Jane Watson (Elizabeth James)

May "Mayday" Parker (Hailee Parker and Annie James)

Black Cat/Felicia Hardy (Meredith Blake)

Edwin Jarvis (Martin, the James' butler)

Aunt May (Chessy)

Theme

^^^This made me legit laugh out loud.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^This made me legit laugh out loud.
    I thought you might like it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

A-Force.jpg

A-FORCE: THE REIGNING

A new generation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes have taken the world by storm, united as one against the threat of the mad King Thor Odinson and the prophesied era known as The Reigning, in which Asgard will rule over Earth. Lead by Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy of Earth-65, the A-Force will stop at nothing to bring the former Avenger to his senses and make him worthy to wield Mjolnir once more.

Spider-Man and Spider-Woman (Miles and Gwen Stacy-Morales): The world of The Reigning is one of the precious few realities in existence that somewhat mimics the near-perfect world of Earth-8, it is a universe in which a Gwen and a Miles were able to make it work after making many sacrifices and have managed to come out on top. Together they lead the A-Force, an elite group of superheroes, against the ever-looming threat of Thor.

Captain Universe (May "Mayday" Parker): Once known as Spider-Girl, May "Mayday" Parker acquired The Enigma Force from a legendary sword fragment she found during an adventure in the Microverse and has long since adopted the Captain Universe persona as her own. She is the team's secret weapon against Thor.

Codex (Dylan Brock): Codex is Mayday's husband and the current King in Black, the two are a rather odd pairing to be frank and one that their fathers were adamantly against. Dylan, for his part, managed to prove himself to Mayday's parents however and now supports her in battle as the teams back-up against Thor.

Captain Marvel (Kamala Khan): Kamala is the A-Forces primary defensive unit and the bearer of Captain America's vibranium shield, she took over the mantle of Captain Marvel from Carol Danvers after her old mentor was killed by Thor during the first awakening of his dark Odinforce powers.

Wolverine (Laura Kinney): Laura is one of the last Mutants and one of the few who still remembers what Krakoa was like before it was turned into New Asgard following the planting of a Yggdrasil seed on the living island's fertile exterior. She hopes to one day restore Krakoa to its former glory, but...with the mighty Yggrdasil draining Krakoa of its lifeforce without replenishing what it takes, even that faint hope might not be possible anymore.

Iron Man (Arno Stark): Arno has spent the last several years consolidating all of Tony's hidden secrets and poured all of his funding into creating the perfect Iron Man armor. His great work has paid off, thankfully, allowing for the creation of both a new Exodus armor and a Godslayer suit. He is the teams logistics officer and strategist.

Spiderling (Annie-May Parker): Annie-May is Mayday's younger sister and Dylan's sister-in-law, like her father and older sister before her, Annie-May has donned her own set of webs to help bring Thor and the Asgardians to justice in the wake of all the horrific crimes they have committed in Odin's cursed name.

Theme

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

A-Force.jpg

A-FORCE: THE REIGNING

A new generation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes have taken the world by storm, united as one against the threat of the mad King Thor Odinson and the prophesied era known as The Reigning, in which Asgard will rule over Earth. Lead by Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy of Earth-65, the A-Force will stop at nothing to bring the former Avenger to his senses and make him worthy to wield Mjolnir once more.

Spider-Man and Spider-Woman (Miles and Gwen Stacy-Morales): The world of The Reigning is one of the precious few realities in existence that somewhat mimics the near-perfect world of Earth-8, it is a universe in which a Gwen and a Miles were able to make it work after making many sacrifices and have managed to come out on top. Together they lead the A-Force, an elite group of superheroes, against the ever-looming threat of Thor.

Captain Universe (May "Mayday" Parker): Once known as Spider-Girl, May "Mayday" Parker acquired The Enigma Force from a legendary sword fragment she found during an adventure in the Microverse and has long since adopted the Captain Universe persona as her own. She is the team's secret weapon against Thor.

Codex (Dylan Brock): Codex is Mayday's husband and the current King in Black, the two are a rather odd pairing to be frank and one that their fathers were adamantly against. Dylan, for his part, managed to prove himself to Mayday's parents however and now supports her in battle as the teams back-up against Thor.

Captain Marvel (Kamala Khan): Kamala is the A-Forces primary defensive unit and the bearer of Captain America's vibranium shield, she took over the mantle of Captain Marvel from Carol Danvers after her old mentor was killed by Thor during the first awakening of his dark Odinforce powers.

Wolverine (Laura Kinney): Laura is one of the last Mutants and one of the few who still remembers what Krakoa was like before it was turned into New Asgard following the planting of a Yggdrasil seed on the living island's fertile exterior. She hopes to one day restore Krakoa to its former glory, but...with the mighty Yggrdasil draining Krakoa of its lifeforce without replenishing what it takes, even that faint hope might not be possible anymore.

Iron Man (Arno Stark): Arno has spent the last several years consolidating all of Tony's hidden secrets and poured all of his funding into creating the perfect Iron Man armor. His great work has paid off, thankfully, allowing for the creation of both a new Exodus armor and a Godslayer suit. He is the teams logistics officer and strategist.

Spiderling (Annie-May Parker): Annie-May is Mayday's younger sister and Dylan's sister-in-law, like her father and older sister before her, Annie-May has donned her own set of webs to help bring Thor and the Asgardians to justice in the wake of all the horrific crimes they have committed in Odin's cursed name.

Theme

^^^Solid lineup, and super solid villain/scenario. You immediately feel worried for these guys.

A bunch of us have been debating John Proudstar at another site, so Thunderbird’s been in my mind. Below’s a throwback Native American team based on the Defenders Big Four.

SHAMAN (Dr. Strange)
    The Adversary, an agent of Chaos, is well on his way to bringing The Great Beasts to the Earthly plane, but in America instead of Canada. Shaman gets wind of the plot and heads due South to stop it from happening. He’s gonna need a little help, though.

THUNDERBIRD (The Hulk)
    Thunderbird was notoriously hot tempered, which could fit either Hulk or Namor, but I went w. Hulk, because both are strength based characters, and my Namor pick, Puma, is way more full of himself. Thunderbird would dislike how Puma’s adopted the ways of white ppl to such a large degree, and let the businessman know exactly that.

PUMA (Namor)
    The Werecat is powerful of course, as well as fast and agile. In his civilian identity Puma’s the head of Fireheart Enterprises, and rich as hell. Puma would take offense to Thunderbird’s opinion of him, as well as considering the big man an uneducated yokel, and tell him just that.

PSI-HAWK (Silver Surfer)
    The ever silent winged warrior is a composite energy Spirit from Earth-148611. He’s been pulled to Earth-616 by Adversary’s tampering w. dimensional energies. He knows stopping Adversary and The Great Beasts is his only way to get back home, so joins Shaman’s mission. Psi-Hawk reluctantly plays peacekeeper, separating Thunderbird and Puma when their exchanges get too heated.

A bunch of us have been debating John Proudstar at another site, so Thunderbird’s been in my mind. Below’s a throwback Native American team based on the Defenders Big Four.

SHAMAN (Dr. Strange)
    The Adversary, an agent of Chaos, is well on his way to bringing The Great Beasts to the Earthly plane, but in America instead of Canada. Shaman gets wind of the plot and heads due South to stop it from happening. He’s gonna need a little help, though.

THUNDERBIRD (The Hulk)
    Thunderbird was notoriously hot tempered, which could fit either Hulk or Namor, but I went w. Hulk, because both are strength based characters, and my Namor pick, Puma, is way more full of himself. Thunderbird would dislike how Puma’s adopted the ways of white ppl to such a large degree, and let the businessman know exactly that.

PUMA (Namor)
    The Werecat is powerful of course, as well as fast and agile. In his civilian identity Puma’s the head of Fireheart Enterprises, and rich as hell. Puma would take offense to Thunderbird’s opinion of him, as well as considering the big man an uneducated yokel, and tell him just that.

PSI-HAWK (Silver Surfer)
    The ever silent winged warrior is a composite energy Spirit from Earth-148611. He’s been pulled to Earth-616 by Adversary’s tampering w. dimensional energies. He knows stopping Adversary and The Great Beasts is his only way to get back home, so joins Shaman’s mission. Psi-Hawk reluctantly plays peacekeeper, separating Thunderbird and Puma when their exchanges get too heated.
    Nice line-up!

WHAT IF...THE AVENGERS HAD FORMED IN THE 90's?

The Clone Saga is raging in a world where The Avengers never formed, where Captain America was never found in that block of ice and where the coming of Onslaught has accelerated compared to the original time table of events. With this grotesque fusion of Magneto and Professor Xavier attempting to rewrite the world using Franklin Richards' powers, a group of totally tubular and x-treme modern day heroes band together to put the big guy down once and for all!

U.S. Agent (John Walker): The leader of the Avengers and the modern day Captain America, John Walker has tried to live up to the ideal that was Steve Rogers...but he is only human and he finds it easier to drown himself in drinks these days then actually do any super-heroing.

War Machine (Jim Rhodes): With Tony Stark back on the booze following a rather public breakup with Pepper Potts, his bodyguard Jim Rhodes has stepped up to play the role of Iron Man...albeit with his own spin on it. Enter...WAR MACHINE!

Thunderstrike (Kevin Masterson): Donald Blake never found Thor's hammer in this universe, instead it languished until it was happened upon by Kevin Masterson, who now has Asgardians gunning for him after Odin himself realized that Kevin wasn't Thor.

Spider-Man (Ben Reilly): Like in 2009's The Real Clone Saga, Ben became Spider-Man much earlier on after he helped Peter save Aunt May, Mary Jane and Peter's unborn child from the dark machinations of The Jackal, who had infected them with a genetic illness that tears the cellular structure of a person apart until there is nothing left but a corpse.

She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters): Jennifer has been helping out the Fantastic Four as of late when Onslaught attacks, with Reed and Sue looking for a solution to split Onslaught back into his baser forms, She-Hulk decides to take a more active role in liberating Franklin.

Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell): The son of the original Captain Mar-Vell and his girlfriend Elysius, Genis-Vell has been trying to live up to his father's memory while learning to master the Nega Bands bequeathed unto him by his mother.

Dr. Ashley Kafka: Ben's girlfriend/shrink, she is the head psychiatrist in charge of Ravencroft Asylum and provides a base of operations for her boyfriend and his new teammates while they work to stop Onslaught from within his very own Sentinel-run fortress of Manhattan.

The Parkers (Peter, Mary Jane and Aunt May): Despite the lack of Avengers in this world, the lives of Peter Parker, his wife Mary Jane and his Aunt May have progressed to roughly the same point they did in the timeline of 2009's The Real Clone Saga. With Ben now playing Spider-Man and Peter working to finally get his degree, the future is looking bright for the Parkers...but there are still many trials ahead, including Onslaught and the ever-looming threat of Harry Obsorn!

Theme

WHAT IF...THE AVENGERS HAD FORMED IN THE 90's?

The Clone Saga is raging in a world where The Avengers never formed, where Captain America was never found in that block of ice and where the coming of Onslaught has accelerated compared to the original time table of events. With this grotesque fusion of Magneto and Professor Xavier attempting to rewrite the world using Franklin Richards' powers, a group of totally tubular and x-treme modern day heroes band together to put the big guy down once and for all!

U.S. Agent (John Walker): The leader of the Avengers and the modern day Captain America, John Walker has tried to live up to the ideal that was Steve Rogers...but he is only human and he finds it easier to drown himself in drinks these days then actually do any super-heroing.

War Machine (Jim Rhodes): With Tony Stark back on the booze following a rather public breakup with Pepper Potts, his bodyguard Jim Rhodes has stepped up to play the role of Iron Man...albeit with his own spin on it. Enter...WAR MACHINE!

Thunderstrike (Kevin Masterson): Donald Blake never found Thor's hammer in this universe, instead it languished until it was happened upon by Kevin Masterson, who now has Asgardians gunning for him after Odin himself realized that Kevin wasn't Thor.

Spider-Man (Ben Reilly): Like in 2009's The Real Clone Saga, Ben became Spider-Man much earlier on after he helped Peter save Aunt May, Mary Jane and Peter's unborn child from the dark machinations of The Jackal, who had infected them with a genetic illness that tears the cellular structure of a person apart until there is nothing left but a corpse.

She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters): Jennifer has been helping out the Fantastic Four as of late when Onslaught attacks, with Reed and Sue looking for a solution to split Onslaught back into his baser forms, She-Hulk decides to take a more active role in liberating Franklin.

Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell): The son of the original Captain Mar-Vell and his girlfriend Elysius, Genis-Vell has been trying to live up to his father's memory while learning to master the Nega Bands bequeathed unto him by his mother.

Dr. Ashley Kafka: Ben's girlfriend/shrink, she is the head psychiatrist in charge of Ravencroft Asylum and provides a base of operations for her boyfriend and his new teammates while they work to stop Onslaught from within his very own Sentinel-run fortress of Manhattan.

The Parkers (Peter, Mary Jane and Aunt May): Despite the lack of Avengers in this world, the lives of Peter Parker, his wife Mary Jane and his Aunt May have progressed to roughly the same point they did in the timeline of 2009's The Real Clone Saga. With Ben now playing Spider-Man and Peter working to finally get his degree, the future is looking bright for the Parkers...but there are still many trials ahead, including Onslaught and the ever-looming threat of Harry Obsorn!

Theme

^^^Clever! Effing clever!

^^^Clever! Effing clever!
    I am actually surprised this isn't a real team from the 90's. It works so well! And looks so good. Way better than the Avengers with the flight jackets.

I am actually surprised this isn't a real team from the 90's. It works so well! And looks so good. Way better than the Avengers with the flight jackets.
    ^^^I like the flight jacket team a lot more now than I did then!
    They had some nice power/personality dynamics I’ve used for a few team builds.

^^^I like the flight jacket team a lot more now than I did then!
    They had some nice power/personality dynamics I’ve used for a few team builds.
    I was just never all that big of a fan, but looking back they are a lot better than they were at the time, I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder after all (what am I talking about...of course it does, how many of my builds have Peter and MJ still married? I think nearly all of them, lol.) Honestly, I would like to see the jackets make a comeback, some characters could use a good flight jacket added on their costume.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-17-2023 at 10:22 PM.

(what am I talking about...of course it does, how many of my builds have Peter and MJ still married? I think nearly all of them, lol.)
    ^^^How many? Not nearly enough!
    Peter and MJ should never have been split up. It’s nice to see them together even if just in this thread.

I would like to see the jackets make a comeback, some characters could use a good flight jacket added on their costume.
    ^^^I can see a few characters today looking good in the jackets! Brandy Selby comes to mind.
    And bring back Black Knight’s Light Sab- er, Photon Sword!

Oh, and I remember being less than pleased about THIS team back in the day…:

Though again, I have used it to build a DC team a long time ago!

Peter and MJ should never have been split up. It’s nice to see them together even if just in this thread.

^^^I can see a few characters today looking good in the jackets! Brandy Selby comes to mind.

1. Well, you can count on me to keep them together.

2. All this talk of jackets has given me an idea for a team...hmm...

3. Oh, that one is pretty bad, especially Gilgamesh's costume.

Did you ever used the JLI as basis to form a Marvel team?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

1. Well, you can count on me to keep them together.

2. All this talk of jackets has given me an idea for a team...hmm...

3. Oh, that one is pretty bad, especially Gilgamesh's costume.
    1. -thumbs up-

2. Intriguing…

3. God yes, he’s a walking coat rack!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Did you ever used the JLI as basis to form a Marvel team?
    ^^^Pretty sure I have.