Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1894

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Did you ever used the JLI as basis to form a Marvel team?
    I found it way back on page 9, but re-did it. Those early builds weren’t my best work!

[

DAREDEVIL (Batman)
    Wanted someone Batman-y; really competent and on the serious side, a known loner, to grudgingly play babysitter, keep everyone in line, direct traffic during battles, and balance out the shenanigans.

BETA RAY BILL (Martian Manhunter)
    A less human looking version of Thor for a less human looking Superman expy. As you can see by the pic I used BRB will make for a great straight man to the sillier team members.

MOCKINGBIRD (Black Canary)
    Like Black Canary, Mockingbird’s a bird themed butt kicking machine, and was most famously involved w. a rowdy archer.

NIGHTHAWK (Blue Beetle)
    BB and Nighthawk are tech millionaires w. gadgets and gimmicks. They hang out well outside their weight class and are considered b-listers by both their peers and readers.

NFL SUPERPRO (Booster Gold)
    A power suit wearing corporate shill for a major sports franchise just reeks of early Booster. Superpro even has his own clothing/toy lines and comic book.

NIGHTCRAWLER (Nr. Miracle)
    Not my strongest pick but, there are similarities. Both are colorful flamboyant acrobatic action junkies who laugh at danger. Both have circus/carny backgrounds and connections to dark godlike entities. NC’s teleportation means he can escape many a trap.

PRIME (Shazam)
    From the never used Ultraverse comes Prime, who like Billy Bateson is a kid in an idealized super powerful adult body.

DR. STRANGE (Dr. Fate)
    Doc for Doc here. Strange is serious to command respect, but laid back enough to crack a few jokes. His time as a Defender proves he’s adept at dealing w. all kinds of personalities.

U.S. AGENT (Guy Gardner)
    During the Reagan era these characters were both gung ho, pro Govt. America love it or leave it types who were known to pick fights w. their teammates. U.S. Agent doesn’t have a Power Ring though, just a Mighty Shield.

RED HULK (Captain Atom)
    Like Captain Atom, General Maverick’s a career Military man who participated in a Govt. experiment and is now a radiation fueled powerhouse.

NOVA (Fire)
    She’s the sexy, Fire themed heroine…

SNOWBIRD (Ice)
    …and she’s the introverted ice Queen.

CRIMSON DYNAMO (Rocket Red)
    There are multiple Rocket Reds, and there have been multiple Crimson Dynamos.

THE
    FAN-THRASH-TIC
    FOUR

The leader
    The girlfriend
    The girlfriend's brother
    The leader’s friend
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-20-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

WEB OF FANTASTIC FORCE

After Peter and MJ decide to take some time off from the whole superhero gig, Mayday forms a new team...Fantastic Force!

Codex (Dylan Brock): He's Normie's friend and the son of Venom. He has a crush on May.

Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker): Team Leader, life is still good!

Spiderling (Annie-May Parker): Still smart, still mischievous and now dating Normie.

Spider-Boy (Benjamin Richard Parker): May and Annie's hot-headed, angsty and frustrated little bro. He's your typical average teenager with spider-powers and, like his father before him, tends to put the weight of the whole world on his shoulders.

Red Goblin (Normie Osborn): He went with red because its the same color as Annie's hair, not because it makes him look like Carnage.

Theme

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

^^^Ah cool, you did it! Very nice! Very next Gen!
    Man, Red Goblin looks evil af, like a Xenomorph from Hell!

MJAvengers1.jpg

THE ENFORCERS

And lo', there came a day, a day unlike any other...when Earth's Mightiest Heroes found themselves united against a common threat--on that day, the Enforcers were born. To fight foes no single superhero could withstand! Previously...Captain Universe uncovered a plot by the Council of Red to undo the marriage of Spider-Man and Captain Marvel on a Multiversal scale, thus allowing them a victory too terrible to imagine over the denizens of Creation itself! With countless incarnations of his friends futures and other dimensional children at stake, he managed to run interference on the Council's puppet, an obscure Mayan God that no one cares about, and purge from existence the false life calling itself "Paul". With the Council's recent actions brought to light, the Enforcers have decided to take the fight directly to them and end the threats posed by the false Devil and his counterparts once and for all.

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Captain Marvel (Mary Jane Watson-Parker)

Captain Universe (Wayfinder of Ithacon)

Doctor Strange (Clea Strange)

Starbrand (Kevin Conner)

Nightmask (Adam Blackveil)

Joe Fix-It (Bruce Banner)

Daredevil (Elektra Natchios)

Agent Venom (Flash Thompson)

Theme

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    MJAvengers1.jpg

THE ENFORCERS

And lo', there came a day, a day unlike any other...when Earth's Mightiest Heroes found themselves united against a common threat--on that day, the Enforcers were born. To fight foes no single superhero could withstand! Previously...Captain Universe uncovered a plot by the Council of Red to undo the marriage of Spider-Man and Captain Marvel on a Multiversal scale, thus allowing them a victory too terrible to imagine over the denizens of Creation itself! With countless incarnations of his friends futures and other dimensional children at stake, he managed to run interference on the Council's puppet, an obscure Mayan God that no one cares about, and purge from existence the false life calling itself "Paul". With the Council's recent actions brought to light, the Enforcers have decided to take the fight directly to them and end the threats posed by the false Devil and his counterparts once and for all.

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Captain Marvel (Mary Jane Watson-Parker)

Captain Universe (Wayfinder of Ithacon)

Doctor Strange (Clea Strange)

Starbrand (Kevin Conner)

Nightmask (Adam Blackveil)

Joe Fix-It (Bruce Banner)

Daredevil (Elektra Natchios)

Agent Venom (Flash Thompson)

Theme

^^^This is a good one.
    The stakes are and the team is intense. And many of your choices are characters I really really like!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^This is a good one.
    The stakes are and the team is intense. And many of your choices are characters I really really like!
    Thanks, glad you liked it!

Girls Inc. is an Avengers Academy-based think-tank turned full-fledged superhero team that was brought together by Valeria Richards of the Fantastic Four, the school's premiere instructor and longtime cosmic adventurer. She seeks to give others the chance to explore the universe the same way she did when she was younger.

Marvel Girl (Valeria Richards): The daughter of Mister Fantastic and the Invisible Woman, she is the leader of Girls Inc. and the smartest woman on the planet. Even her father cannot compare to her natural genius, but then again he never could. Valeria is an instructor at Avengers Academy.

Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker): The daughter of Peter and Mary Jane Parker, Valeria used to watch May when she was little and helped her gain better control over her more unique abilities as she began growing into them. She is currently a Sophomore at Avengers Academy.

Crusader (Sarah Rogers): The daughter of Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers, she is a classmate of Mayday's at Avengers Academy and is the current wielder of both Mjolnir and her father's vibranium shield. While she can be rather lighthearted like her mother, she has her father's spirit and resolve in battle.

Nocturne (Talia Josephine Wagner): The daughter of Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch, she is a transfer student from the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning and a known troublemaker. She is a Chaos Magician like her mother before her and was born with her father's teleportation abilities as a secondary mutation.

Theme

Thanks, glad you liked it!

Girls Inc. is an Avengers Academy-based think-tank turned full-fledged superhero team that was brought together by Valeria Richards of the Fantastic Four, the school's premiere instructor and longtime cosmic adventurer. She seeks to give others the chance to explore the universe the same way she did when she was younger.

Marvel Girl (Valeria Richards): The daughter of Mister Fantastic and the Invisible Woman, she is the leader of Girls Inc. and the smartest woman on the planet. Even her father cannot compare to her natural genius, but then again he never could. Valeria is an instructor at Avengers Academy.

Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker): The daughter of Peter and Mary Jane Parker, Valeria used to watch May when she was little and helped her gain better control over her more unique abilities as she began growing into them. She is currently a Sophomore at Avengers Academy.

Crusader (Sarah Rogers): The daughter of Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers, she is a classmate of Mayday's at Avengers Academy and is the current wielder of both Mjolnir and her father's vibranium shield. While she can be rather lighthearted like her mother, she has her father's spirit and resolve in battle.

Nocturne (Talia Josephine Wagner): The daughter of Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch, she is a transfer student from the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning and a known troublemaker. She is a Chaos Magician like her mother before her and was born with her father's teleportation abilities as a secondary mutation.

Theme

^^^Ha, I love this all girl team!

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Here's one based on Stormwatch (Wildstorm):
    Captain Britain (Brian Braddock)
    Warpath
    Vindicator (Heather Hudson)
    Spiderwoman
    Sabra
    Nightcrawler
    Mockingbird

Just a hunch think it's a better team than DC's New 52 Stormwatch
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 01-24-2023 at 08:33 AM.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Here's one based on Stormwatch (Wildstorm):
    Captain Britain (Brian Braddock)
    Warpath
    Vindicator (Heather Hudson)
    Spiderwoman
    Sabra
    Nightcrawler
    Mockingbird

Just a hunch think it's a better team than DC's New 52 Stormwatch
    ^^^This one’s got a little bit of everything to lure me in.
    Some of my favorite characters, a nice mix of power levels, nationalities, personalities…!

Did something similar over on the DC board, so I figured I'd do the same here, except with a different twist: with Jed McKay and CF Villa announcing their new Avengers line-up, it's been pointed out there aren't any members on the team who've joined since the late 1970s. With that in mind, I've put together a similar line-up using only characters that have joined the Avengers since the early 80s. So with that in mind...

McKayVillaNewAvengers.jpg

PHOTON (Captain Marvel)
    Bombarded by strange energy that gave her powers. Also, used to be Captain Marvel.

GILGAMESH (Thor)
    Long-lived powerful warrior from a race worshipped as gods.

DOCTOR VOODOO (Scarlet Witch)
    Master of the magical arts with sinister underworld dealings.

JOCASTA (Vision)
    Artificial being coming into their own as their humanity develops.

DAREDEVIL (Black Panther)
    Highly-skilled combatant with heightened senses.

WAR MACHINE (Iron Man)
    High-tech armored powerhouse.

LIONHEART (Captain America Sam Wilson)
    High-flying hero wearing the iconography of their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Did something similar over on the DC board, so I figured I'd do the same here, except with a different twist: with Jed McKay and CF Villa announcing their new Avengers line-up, it's been pointed out there aren't any members on the team who've joined since the late 1970s. With that in mind, I've put together a similar line-up using only characters that have joined the Avengers since the early 80s. So with that in mind...

PHOTON (Captain Marvel)
    Bombarded by strange energy that gave her powers. Also, used to be Captain Marvel.

GILGAMESH (Thor)

JOCASTA (Vision)

WAR MACHINE (Iron Man)

^^^Upvote!

THE NEW ENFORCERS

Several years following the Council of Red's defeat at the hands of the original Enforcers, a new group of heroes lead by the daughter of Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and Captain Marvel (Mary Jane Parker) picks up where their predecessors left off. The stakes are higher than ever, now that Doctor Doom has begun working towards a world unified under his rule in earnest. Can these new heroes rise to the challenge or will DOOM rule over all?

Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker)

Iron Man 2020 (Arno Stark)

Warstar

Captain Atlantis

Starbrand (Brandy Selby)

Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr)

X-23 (Laura Kinney)

Major Victory (Vance Astro)

Hyperion (Mark Milton)

Theme

THE NEW ENFORCERS

Several years following the Council of Red's defeat at the hands of the original Enforcers, a new group of heroes lead by the daughter of Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and Captain Marvel (Mary Jane Parker) picks up where their predecessors left off. The stakes are higher than ever, now that Doctor Doom has begun working towards a world unified under his rule in earnest. Can these new heroes rise to the challenge or will DOOM rule over all?

Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker)

Iron Man 2020 (Arno Stark)

Warstar

Captain Atlantis

Starbrand (Brandy Selby)

Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr)

X-23 (Laura Kinney)

Major Victory (Vance Astro)

Hyperion (Mark Milton)

Theme

Not bad! You can’t go wrong w. Doom as a villain, and extra points for Vance Astro, Noh-Varr, and Brandy Selby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

PHOTON (Captain Marvel)

GILGAMESH (Thor)

JOCASTA (Vision)

WAR MACHINE (Iron Man)

I like it. I'd rather read this line-up than the one we'll get (and, don't get me wrong, I'm actually fine with the new line-up). Just don't care much for Daredevil in the Panther's place.

Peace