Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    …don't care much for Daredevil in the Panther's place.

Peace
    ^^^BP is, for me at least, a hard nut to crack in direct swaps.
    Do I go for ruler of a high tech country?
    A black guy?
    A cat motif?
    Battle suit?
    The science angle?
    Martial arts?

There’s no one that really mixes all those things just right at DC, much less at Marvel itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Did something similar over on the DC board, so I figured I'd do the same here, except with a different twist: with Jed McKay and CF Villa announcing their new Avengers line-up, it's been pointed out there aren't any members on the team who've joined since the late 1970s. With that in mind, I've put together a similar line-up using only characters that have joined the Avengers since the early 80s. So with that in mind...

PHOTON (Captain Marvel)
    Bombarded by strange energy that gave her powers. Also, used to be Captain Marvel.

GILGAMESH (Thor)
    Long-lived powerful warrior from a race worshipped as gods.

DOCTOR VOODOO (Scarlet Witch)
    Master of the magical arts with sinister underworld dealings.

JOCASTA (Vision)
    Artificial being coming into their own as their humanity develops.

DAREDEVIL (Black Panther)
    Highly-skilled combatant with heightened senses.

WAR MACHINE (Iron Man)
    High-tech armored powerhouse.

LIONHEART (Captain America Sam Wilson)
    High-flying hero wearing the iconography of their country.
    ^^^I still haven’t figured a way to tackle a DC version, but I finally found a hook for a Marvel build; going w. a retro feeling group of characters.

SUN GIRL (Captain Marvel)
    The ahead of her time blonde bombshell who battled bad guys w. a powerful Sunbeam Raygun.

BLUE EAGLE (Captain America Sam Wilson)
    The hard hitting high flying hero w. a Patriotic theme.

FLATIRON (Iron Man)
    The engineering genius and self made, up-armored adventurer.

IKARIS (Thor)
    The Godlike Eternal’s been around forever. I even used a retro Kirby pic.

WAKU (Black Panther)
    The Warrior King of the Bantu Tribe, who protected his ppl against both men and magic.

THE BLACK WIDOW (The Scarlet Witch)
    The beautiful demonically powered femme fatale trying to cleanse her corrupted soul.

FLEXO THE RUBBERMAN (The Vision)
    The unthinking automaton created to be a tool, that gained sentience.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Captain Universe (Captain Marvel)

Spider-Man (Black Panther)

Machine Man (The Vision)

Hallow's Eve (Scarlet Witch)

Nighthawk (Captain America Sam Wilson)

Marvelman (Thor)

Doom 2099 (Iron Man)
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Captain Universe (Captain Marvel)

Spider-Man (Black Panther)

Machine Man (The Vision)

Hallow's Eve (Scarlet Witch)

Nighthawk (Captain America Sam Wilson)

Marvelman (Thor)

Doom 2099 (Iron Man)
    ^^^ I was thinking of Machine Man (for a 70s era team though).
    Never have I ever heard of Hallow’s Eve. Must Google!

Mighty Member

J Force:
    Magneto, Kitty Pryde, doc Sampson, Ben Grimm, moon knight, sabra (others?)

When it comes to Marvel’s best (worst) Nazis, The Red Skull and Baron Zemo are pretty much neck and neck for the number one spot.

Poor Wolfgang Von Strucker though, def. comes in a distant third.

It’s no wonder he spitefully puts together his own bootleg team based on Zemo’s Thunderbolts.

WOLFGANG VON STRUCKER (Baron Zemo)
    He’s the sometimes disputed undisputed leader of Hydra, and weilder of the deadly Satan Claw.

SHRIEK (Songbird)
    A sonic powered psychopath, she’s quickly cozied up to Wolfgang, becoming his second in command.

TOWER (Atlas)
    Not a bad costume, but he could use an updated haircut. Oh yeah, he not only grows, he shrinks, too.

DR. SPECTRUM (Moonstone)
    A powerful energy wielding flying brick, she’s easily Wolfgang’s most powerful acquisition.

STILTMAN (Mach I)
    uses an even more ridiculous armored suit than the Beetle once did.

THE WINGLESS WIZARD (Techno)
    He’s the Rodney Dangerfield of Marvel mad scientists, and is enjoying Hydra’s resources.

AFTERSHOCK (Jolt)
    Wolfgang even got himself an electro kinetic teenager, just to round out the team.

“It's been a while since anyone's
    made the world this nervous.”

BRANDY SELBY (Jenny Sparks)
    In the wake of the last big Avengers event, Brandy Selby (the living embodiment of the Starbrand) is kinda pissed. She’s started a new proactive team ready to use the same cutthroat methods as the monsters to keep them in check.

THE MOLECULE MAN (The Doctor)
    Owen Reece’s molecular abilities can do almost anything, as long as he can conceive and believe in his abilities. He can rearrange and remix reality. All he has to do is draw a detailed mental picture and the world rebuilds itself for him.

HYPERION & NIGHTHAWK (Apollo & Midnighter)
    They’re the two finest heroes of their world. A world that no longer exists. One can move mountains, and the other can dissect an opponent (or a situation) w. surgical precision.

THE MAKER (Jack Hawksmoor)
    The smartest man alive? Quite possibly. The Maker’s immortal and completely self sufficient, able to stretch his body and even his brain. Thanks to Owen Reece, he’s a multiversal omnipresence, and exists in every universe at once, with each body sharing the same single consciousness.

WARBIRD (Swift)
    Exiled to Earth after defying the Shi’ar Empire, the avian Warrior finds Brandy’s team an ideal way to put her natural physical talents and hard won battle skills to use. Strong enough to rip ppl in half and fast enough to counter most attacks, Warbird is deadly w. blades and high tech firearms, usually carrying many examples of both on her person.

JOCASTA (The Engineer)
    The independently thinking robot brings a lot to the table, including (but not limited to) a computerized brain housing a huge cache of scientific knowledge, super strength/speed/durability, built in offensive weaponry, technoforming, computer integration, the and the ability to place her consiousness in a variety of specialized bodies.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    “It's been a while since anyone's
    made the world this nervous.”

BRANDY SELBY (Jenny Sparks)
    In the wake of the last big Avengers event, Brandy Selby (the living embodiment of the Starbrand) is kinda pissed. She’s started a new proactive team ready to use the same cutthroat methods as the monsters to keep them in check.

THE MOLECULE MAN (The Doctor)
    Owen Reece’s molecular abilities can do almost anything, as long as he can conceive and believe in his abilities. He can rearrange and remix reality. All he has to do is draw a detailed mental picture and the world rebuilds itself for him.

HYPERION & NIGHTHAWK (Apollo & Midnighter)
    They’re the two finest heroes of their world. A world that no longer exists. One can move mountains, and the other can dissect an opponent (or a situation) w. surgical precision.

THE MAKER (Jack Hawksmoor)
    The smartest man alive? Quite possibly. The Maker’s immortal and completely self sufficient, able to stretch his body and even his brain. Thanks to Owen Reece, he’s a multiversal omnipresence, and exists in every universe at once, with each body sharing the same single consciousness.

WARBIRD (Swift)
    Exiled to Earth after defying the Shi’ar Empire, the avian Warrior finds Brandy’s team an ideal way to put her natural physical talents and hard won battle skills to use. Strong enough to rip ppl in half and fast enough to counter most attacks, Warbird is deadly w. blades and high tech firearms, usually carrying many examples of both on her person.

JOCASTA (The Engineer)
    The independently thinking robot brings a lot to the table, including (but not limited to) a computerized brain housing a huge cache of scientific knowledge, super strength/speed/durability, built in offensive weaponry, technoforming, computer integration, the and the ability to place her consiousness in a variety of specialized bodies.
    The Authority, but make it Marvel. Nice. Very nice. (No sarcasm intended, by the way.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Marvel's Power Company

Inspired by DC's Power Company, a team of superheroes-for-hire.

Blue Marvel - Counterpart to Josiah Power. Both are African-American energy manipulators.

She-Thing - Counterpart to Bork. Both mutated into strong, monstrous forms.

Wild Child - Counterpart to Manhunter. Both have healing factors.

Andrea "Andi" Benton - Counterparts to Sapphire. Both bonded with alien material.

Victor Alvarez - Counterpart to Striker Z. Both are energy enhanced martial artists.

Riri Williams - Counterpart to Skyrocket. Both are black women with powered armor.

Topaz - Counterpart to Witchfire. Both are mystics.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Authority, but make it Marvel. Nice. Very nice. (No sarcasm intended, by the way.)
    ^^^Ty, glad you liked it!

^^^Ty, glad you liked it!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel's Power Company

Inspired by DC's Power Company, a team of superheroes-for-hire.

Blue Marvel - Counterpart to Josiah Power. Both are African-American energy manipulators.

She-Thing - Counterpart to Bork. Both mutated into strong, monstrous forms.

Wild Child - Counterpart to Manhunter. Both have healing factors.

Andrea "Andi" Benton - Counterparts to Sapphire. Both bonded with alien material.

Victor Alvarez - Counterpart to Striker Z. Both are energy enhanced martial artists.

Riri Williams - Counterpart to Skyrocket. Both are black women with powered armor.

Topaz - Counterpart to Witchfire. Both are mystics.
    Cool roster.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Outlaws.jpg
    THE NEW OUTLAWS

The Avengers have fallen, the Fantastic Four are lost, the X-Men are no more and the world now stands on the precipice of Annihilation as hordes of aliens pour out from a rift leading into The Negative Zone. Earth needs its heroes, but all that it has left are its Outlaws.

Captain Universe (Eddie Brock)

Bug

Hallow's Eve (Elizabeth Tyne)

The Goblin Queen (Madelyne Pryor)

Deadpool (Wade Wilson)

Silver Sable (Silver Sablinova)

Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

Moon Knight (Marc Spector)

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-05-2023 at 12:53 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Outlaws.jpg
    THE NEW OUTLAWS

The Avengers have fallen, the Fantastic Four are lost, the X-Men are no more and the world now stands on the precipice of Annihilation as hordes of aliens pour out from a rift leading into The Negative Zone. Earth needs its heroes, but all that it has left are its Outlaws.

Captain Universe (Eddie Brock)

Bug

Hallow's Eve (Elizabeth Tyne)

The Goblin Queen (Madelyne Pryor)

Deadpool (Wade Wilson)

Silver Sable (Silver Sablinova)

Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

Moon Knight (Marc Spector)

Oh, this should be very good.

It’s an X-Factor team made up of younger characters, an X-Factor Jr. i guess. I tried to make it an oddball bunch, kind of like PAD’s version.

BAILEY HOSKINS
    The kid who can only blow up once, is leader of X-Factor Jr. Through rigorous training he’s gone from a buck oh-five soaking wet to 175lbs of lean muscle. He’s been learning h2h and weapons use from any X-Man he can get his hands on; Cable, Wolverine, Forge, Nightcrawler etc. He carries high tech weapons and gadgets in the field.

MAGGOTT
    Okay yeah, when drawn a certain way Maggott sort of resembles Strong Guy, but honestly I’ve always liked this character and his powerset.

BEAK & ANGEL SALVADORE
    I first started liking Beak after reading him in Exiles. I don’t like Angel nearly as much, but they make a cute couple.

MONET ST. CROIX
    On fairly low powered team like this, M knows she’ll be doing the heavy lifting in terms of fighting bad guys, and isn’t shy about letting the others know how grateful they should be.

SPEED
    I really wanted another top tier character on the team, and a speedster reminds me of the PAD lineup.

It’s an X-Factor team made up of younger characters, an X-Factor Jr. i guess. I tried to make it an oddball bunch, kind of like PAD’s version.

BAILEY HOSKINS
    The kid who can only blow up once, is leader of X-Factor Jr. Through rigorous training he’s gone from a buck oh-five soaking wet to 175lbs of lean muscle. He’s been learning h2h and weapons use from any X-Man he can get his hands on; Cable, Wolverine, Forge, Nightcrawler etc. He carries high tech weapons and gadgets in the field.

MAGGOTT
    Okay yeah, when drawn a certain way Maggott sort of resembles Strong Guy, but honestly I’ve always liked this character and his powerset.

BEAK & ANGEL SALVADORE
    I first started liking Beak after reading him in Exiles. I don’t like Angel nearly as much, but they make a cute couple.

MONET ST. CROIX
    On fairly low powered team like this, M knows she’ll be doing the heavy lifting in terms of fighting bad guys, and isn’t shy about letting the others know how grateful they should be.

SPEED
    I really wanted another top tier character on the team, and a speedster reminds me of the PAD lineup.
    Considering Speed is basically Quicksilver's nephew, having him on what amounts to "X-Factor, Jr.," as you put it, makes a lot of sense.