Page 80 of 131 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1960

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Radius also fits quite well as a Ben Grimm analogue since his powers have the downside of not being able to properly touch things. and Windshear is a flying Mutant who does ranged attacks with an elemental theme. not FIRE, but....
    ^^^Heck yeah, I loved the parallels and contrasts to Ben and Johnny! REALLY good build.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Its like you have a Black Belt in World Building.
    Thanks for sharing this!
    LOL. Thanks.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    LOL. Thanks.

Peace
    ^^^Sho 'Nuff!

The Thunderbolts, circa WWII…:

BARON ZEMO
    Heinrich, the twelfth Baron Zemo, successfully kills costumed freedom fighter Citizen V and takes his place. He has a plan to start a fraudulent team of heroes w. which to gain the trust of the Allied forces and ferret out their secrets.

WARRIOR WOMAN
    The female fury will go by Moonstone, hailing from the darkside of the moon (nods to Iron Sky), where her ppl have been monitoring our world. She has been allowed to come to Earth and lend her might to fight the Axis.

FRITZ KRONE
    The scientist has the ability to create and mentally control robots and other mechanical devices. He will go by the name Techno; he will help create the team’s costumes, and disguise their appearances and voices.

THE BLUE BULLET
    With Fritz Krone’s help, engineer Johann Goldstein will adapt his armored suit to a new persona, the high flying hard hitting hero, B-52.

STRONGMAN
    With a few cosmetic changes, Percy Van Norton will go from Strongman to Atlas, named after the mythological Titan.

LADY LOTUS
    A bit of misdirection will allow the telepathic Japanese spy to become the nisei heroine Songbird, whose “voice” can, among other things, cloud men’s minds.

AVENGERS…

…ASSEMBLE!

How are these now
    Earth’s Mightiest Heroes?!?

Writer Patton Oswalt and
    Artist Rob ‘Ensign’ Crusoe

will explain everything!

MARCH 2023

AVENGERS…

…ASSEMBLE!

How are these now

Writer Patton Oswalt and

will explain everything!

MARCH 2023
    Hmmm. Intrigued.

Peace

AVENGERS…

…ASSEMBLE!

How are these now

Writer Patton Oswalt and

will explain everything!

MARCH 2023
    Somehow i thought the guy on the right was Paibok at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Hmmm. Intrigued.

Peace
    ^^^Ty!

Somehow i thought the guy on the right was Paibok at first glance.
    ^^^Had to look that guy up!

^^^Had to look that guy up!
    You see the resemblance in the face shot though?

You see the resemblance in the face shot though?
    ^^^lol yeah, a couple of other mother brothers!!!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Following Zdarsky's 2020 FF/X-Men mini series, I'm all for the X-Men forming a mutant counterpart to Marvel's First Family, with powers analogous or opposite their's to most effectively counter them.

Laynia Petrovna aka Darkstar. Counterpart to Sue. As I explained in Sue's 2022 appreciation thread, she is the closest to a polar opposite with her Darkforce constructs vs Sue's invisible force fields.
    Robert Drake aka Iceman: Johnny counterpart, for obvious reasons.
    Santo Vaccarro aka Rockslide: My knowledge of his is little admittedly but he's the closes I can think of to oppose Ben. Though Ben is stronger in terms of sheer physical strength.
    And… I can't find a perfect mutant counterpart to Reed that combines both a highly malleable body (Blob) and genius intellect (Beast), so I'll guess I'll have to settle for intelligence. Any suggestions?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    … I can't find a perfect mutant counterpart to Reed that combines both a highly malleable body (Blob) and genius intellect (Beast), so I'll guess I'll have to settle for intelligence. Any suggestions?
    ^^^I’d go w. Prodigy…:

He’s all about knowledge, and has a ton of it stored in his noggin.

Also great line up in general, w. Darkstar and Iceman!

If you’re iffy on Rockslide, I suggest Mettle…:

He’s got some very Ben like qualities in terms of gruff attitude/heart of gold, and dealing w. powers that have trapped him in a monstrous body.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 04-13-2023 at 08:20 PM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Following Zdarsky's 2020 FF/X-Men mini series, I'm all for the X-Men forming a mutant counterpart to Marvel's First Family, with powers analogous or opposite their's to most effectively counter them.

Laynia Petrovna aka Darkstar. Counterpart to Sue. As I explained in Sue's 2022 appreciation thread, she is the closest to a polar opposite with her Darkforce constructs vs Sue's invisible force fields.
    Santo Vaccarro aka Rockslide: My knowledge of his is little admittedly but he's the closes I can think of to oppose Ben. Though Ben is stronger in terms of sheer physical strength.
    And… I can't find a perfect mutant counterpart to Reed that combines both a highly malleable body (Blob) and genius intellect (Beast), so I'll guess I'll have to settle for intelligence. Any suggestions?
    Coincidence. I really wanted to see Nightshade w/Mr. Terrific in "The Terriffics" instead of phantom girl for that same reason. They tried to play it a little too on the nose with that one and it ended up being
    a mildly unsatisfying part of that story. Criminally under explored characters both of them.

Coincidence. I really wanted to see Nightshade w/Mr. Terrific in "The Terriffics" instead of phantom girl for that same reason. They tried to play it a little too on the nose with that one and it ended up being
    a mildly unsatisfying part of that story. Criminally under explored characters both of them.

Gorgan (Tomi Shishido) this guy. . .

The Gorgon possesses a variety of superhuman abilities as a result of genetic mutation and mystical enhancement from the Hand.

The Gorgon's primary mutant ability is the ability to transform an individual into stone by making eye contact with them. Gorgon's eyes have no visible features, glowing with a bright green energy. The Gorgon often wears a mask or pair of dark sunglasses in order to see without affecting those around him. Whether said face wear possess any sort of special properties or are composed of some special material designed to block his power was never revealed.

He was also born with, or soon achieved, an extraordinary level of intelligence, possibly at a superhuman level, and psionic abilities. He possesses advanced knowledge in multiple academic and artistic fields. This intellect makes him extremely arrogant. For some reason he equates intelligence with being a mutant. For example, Gorgon dismisses Reed Richards as simply the equivalent of a parrot that can mimic a human voice, despite the fact that Gorgon was actually impressed by Richards' ideas, simply because Richards is not a mutant.

After his resurrection, the Gorgon's strength, speed, reflexes/reactions, agility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance are all heightened to superhuman levels, the exact limits of which are unrevealed. Tomi also possesses an accelerated healing factor that enables him to repair damaged or destroyed tissue with extraordinary speed and efficiency. He is capable of healing from massive trauma inflicted by Wolverine's adamantium claws, bludgeoning, and falling from great heights while continuing to fight.

Aside from his physical advantages, Mr. Shishido possesses some level of telepathy/empathy allowing him to hear the thoughts and feel the emotions of others. His telepathy also enables him to perceive his surroundings if necessary, such as when he's blindfolded. Much like his physical capabilities, the exact limits of the Gorgon's psionic powers remain unknown.

The Gorgon is an extraordinary hand-to-hand combatant, even before his resurrection, trained in multiple forms of martial arts. He is an expert swordsman and typically prefers to use a katana during combat. Also, he typically uses his psionic abilities to read the minds of his opponents during combat situations (even highly trained minds like Wolverine's and Elektra's), enabling him to predict and counter their every move. He has used swords and a personal teleportation device. He currently wields Godkiller, a sword that has killed many kings, emperors, and had also made a god bleed.

On top of various mutant powers and his acquired skill set, the Gorgon also has high-end ties to various criminal sects and their resources; many such innovations in his possession come from underworld affiliates such as A.I.M, The Hand and Hydra. He's also adept at ninjutsu and skilled in the dark arts; able to resurrect the formerly dead who serve his bidding as well as enact rituals which enable him to raise ancient creatures from eternal slumber

He doesn't stretch but he has a comparable Physical Endurance/durabilty + superspeed. He could easily be a reed Richards expy
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 04-15-2023 at 08:48 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Shadow Eye Detective Agency

Julia Carpenter

Tigra

Sepulchre

Werewolf by Night (Jake Gomez)

Jennifer Kale

Kaine
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-15-2023 at 06:15 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

The Doom Patrol

Chief - Wizkid https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Takes...ya_(Earth-616)

Negative man - Hey Jude the entropic man. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Yagzan_(Earth-616)

Robot Man - M-11 The Human Robot. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/M-11_(Earth-616)

Crazy Jane - Legion

Elasti-girl - A skrull female from the secret invasion remnants. OR... Mecury from the X-men but I really don't want 2 mutants on a team
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 04-15-2023 at 09:57 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.