Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • She must face her crimes.

47 61.04%
  • I forgive her for her mass genocide.

30 38.96%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Additionally, while it would be entirely keeping with versions of Doom (where the author is a little less in love with him) to try and remove a long-term and growing threat to the inevitability of his rule; CC didn’t manage to convey it in any believable fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You cant work reality if you are sent into a coma first look the Emma and the Cuckoos fight against Legion. TP is a very unfair power.
    The X-Men aren't the only ones with telepaths on their side. Not to mention the numerous ways telepathy has been countered.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-07-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Franklin can easily rewrite reality so that none of that is even a possibility.

It's a fight that there is no reason a recently established mutant homeland should pick just for the sake of whatever the goal would be.
    And Legion could rewrite reality just as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The X-Men aren't the only ones with telepaths on their side. Not to mention the numerous ways telepathy has been countered.
    The only ways telepathy on a mass scale has been countered has been equal amounts of unobtanium BS.

If the X-Men really wanted to, they kill every living thing on the planet without exception. That's the upper limit of their abilities, simply because of power creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Stark made an anti-Phoenix armor...
    Stark tried to make an Anti-Phoenix armor. Scott thrashed him in it easily at less than 33% power.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The only ways telepathy on a mass scale has been countered has been equal amounts of unobtanium BS.

If the X-Men really wanted to, they kill every living thing on the planet without exception. That's the upper limit of their abilities, simply because of power creep.
    The X-Men are not the only ones who have been hit with power creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The X-Men are not the only ones who have been hit with power creep.
    True, but the X-Men are Marvel's leading example in power creep, specifically the telepaths. Xavier went from being a glorified radar device to being able to control thousands of people hundreds of miles away. Jean went from designated victim to the most powerful combo of TP and TK in the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And Legion could rewrite reality just as easily.
    Franklin isn't going to leave a piece like that on the board.

He is a walking, talking "Checkmate...", and he isn't even the only card that humanity outside of mutants could play.

If what just happened is even remotely on the level, Mutants have right around "Zero..." reasons to set foot on this path.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-08-2019 at 12:14 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Whatever happened to her promise to repower any mutant that simply asked?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Ask Bendis.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Two issues after that promise she lost the power that allowed her to repower mutants.

The issue after she repowered Rictor, the X-Men showed up demanding Wanda's head, she offered to fix what she did, and Scott said, no, forget it, you're coming into custody with us right now. A hero vs. hero fight broke out, Wanda realized she was running out of time and tried to cast a spell to repower all the mutants at once, and due to wacky shenanigans it didn't work and Doom got the House of M-level powers instead, leaving Wanda unable to fix anyone.

Yes, it was totally out of character for Scott to be so bent on revenge that he won't let Wanda save mutantkind. Out of character writing does happen sometimes. Not that Scarlet Witch fans would know anything about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if it were a one-off, sure. but Wanda has a history of being corrupted/used by others. it's like a nuclear weapon. you could blame the country that uses the nuke. or you could disarm the bomb. maybe Wanda needs to be dismantled. it's how humanity has treated mutantkind and any other threat to their safety.
    Sounds to me like you’re taking Logan’s side from decimation. Kill her before she has the opportunity to kill again. I gotta say I do appreciate Logan’s pragmatism in these scenarios.

I do feel obligated to say nukes don’t launch themselves however.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I don’t know how the trial would go about, but it’s not like she should just go scot-free for putting mutants in one of their worse predicaments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Sounds to me like you’re taking Logan’s side from decimation. Kill her before she has the opportunity to kill again. I gotta say I do appreciate Logan’s pragmatism in these scenarios.

I do feel obligated to say nukes don’t launch themselves however.
    Logan had a point and, in his place, I'd probably think the same thing. The remorse of preemptively killing someone would probably drown any possible relief for the people saved.

Even so, Wanda would likely never had done what she did if it wasn't for Pietro's manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Logan had a point and, in his place, I'd probably think the same thing. The remorse of preemptively killing someone would probably drown any possible relief for the people saved.

Even so, Wanda would likely never had done what she did if it wasn't for Pietro's manipulation.
    At the risk of getting a little OT, Wanda had just killed some Avengers prior to the discussion on what to do with her. It wouldn’t have been a preemptive action, it would’ve been a punishment for her crimes.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.