Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • She must face her crimes.

47 61.04%
  • I forgive her for her mass genocide.

30 38.96%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    At the risk of getting a little OT, Wanda had just killed some Avengers prior to the discussion on what to do with her. It wouldn’t have been a preemptive action, it would’ve been a punishment for her crimes.
    Kill some of the most powerful being on earth wasn't the most smart decision.

I don't think kill Wanda would be justice at all

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

She should have been depowered at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She should had depowered herself until she wa fine mentally, but then they would kill her.

House of M would be avoided if only the avengers dealt with it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-10-2019 at 07:36 PM.

BANNED

At the risk of getting a little OT, Wanda had just killed some Avengers prior to the discussion on what to do with her. It wouldn’t have been a preemptive action, it would’ve been a punishment for her crimes.
    It would. But I think Logan's stance was more focused on the "better do it now before it gets worse" or wasn't it? My memory is kinda foggy.

If she did the transition we see at the end of House of M, where she's just a amnesiac innocent woman in eastern Europe, before things went to hell, it would have been so much better.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I feel like it's quite late to address the problem now. I'm not sure I want the plot revived.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I thought the issue with Wanda was settled looooong time ago
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I thought the issue with Wanda was settled looooong time ago
    They'll never get over it. But they also want her in x-books and to be Mags' daughter and be a mutant again. And to also bring mutants into the MCU.

She'll be over in Doctor Strange's book where she gets new stories. Not something from a hack story line 14 years old.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They'll never get over it. But they also want her in x-books and to be Mags' daughter and be a mutant again. And to also bring mutants into the MCU.

She'll be over in Doctor Strange's book where she gets new stories. Not something from a hack story line 14 years old.
    No one wants her back in the X-books except for her to finally face consequences for killing thousands of innocent mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

I know, it’s frustrating.

I hope marvel does develop new stories for her and brother voodoo
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No one wants her back in the X-books except for her to finally face consequences for killing thousands of innocent mutants.
    Not gonna happen, they had their chance and failed. It was too long ago now.

But yeah there were four topics on this very forum at once about retconning the retcon. Topics about having her bring mutants into the MCU not only discussed here but very heavily on social media by X-fans. So while you might not want that personally, it keeps coming up and is fairly popular. I don't want her in them. She never had much to do with it. And still should not. Should not have for HoM to happen either. She's an Avenger, she needs to stay on that side.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

I can definitely see this side of the argument. I can also see the other side though...

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It would. But I think Logan's stance was more focused on the "better do it now before it gets worse" or wasn't it? My memory is kinda foggy.
    Yeah that was pretty much his argument. Sucks to be right in this case lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I can definitely see this side of the argument. I can also see the other side though...
    In this modern Age of Polarization this by itself is the rarest of superpowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Fantastic Member

They would need Mr. Chthon to agree to that, as he powers Wanda.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I guess this post kinda sums up the situation.

On one hand, in the fiction, she should face her crimes.

On the other, outside of that, what relevance she has left is bleeding out. The only times she's been useful is when using her madness as a plot device and having other characters people care about bouncing off of it. And, usually, that's past-tense--even that usefulness has waned. The set-up for DoX might be the last good thing she's a part of.

For the MCU, they made her Jean Grey with an accent, because the comic version just wouldn't cut the mustard. That should've been a pretty clear signal. And, any long-term plan for that version of the character will likely still involve having breakdowns at the great cost of others. Elizabeth Olsen talks about that aspect of her it any chance she gets, which seems like another signal.

All of that said, I might not mind her being decoupled from Quicksilver, but that's a tangent.
    Actually, her mystical lore has, to me, always been a hundred times more interesting. She has an awesome, cool arch nemesis in Chthon, with whom she has a largely unexplored relationship. Busiek's definition of her powers as Chaos Magic is much more logical than random mutant powers. There's so many amazing stories to be told there, but Marvel's writers seem to have zero imagination and/or know nothing about the mystical aspect of the character. Wanda has her own lore, writers should perhaps consider using it properly.

The MCU won't make Wanda a villain because they would be utterly crucified by feminists. It would not be a wise move, especially with so few female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Actually, her mystical lore has, to me, always been a hundred times more interesting. She has an awesome, cool arch nemesis in Chthon, with whom she has a largely unexplored relationship. Busiek's definition of her powers as Chaos Magic is much more logical than random mutant powers. There's so many amazing stories to be told there, but Marvel's writers seem to have zero imagination and/or know nothing about the mystical aspect of the character. Wanda has her own lore, writers should perhaps consider using it properly.

The MCU won't make Wanda a villain because they would be utterly crucified by feminists. It would not be a wise move, especially with so few female characters.
    Yeah, I remember when feminists threw a tantrum because Ghost was the villain of Ant-Man 2.

Of wait, that never happened.

They don't make SW a villain in the MCU because Elizabeth Olson has the acting range of a turnip.