View Poll Results: Burn the witch?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • She must face her crimes.

47 61.04%
  • I forgive her for her mass genocide.

30 38.96%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

it's time to introduce the real Wanda Maximoff. she's been a prisoner of the Toad all this time.

Taking into account that everything that has befallen mutantkind within the past 15 years was a direct result of Wanda having a temper tantrum due to "daddy issues", I would not mind if Wanda face torture and execution after being forced to publicly apologize to all of mutantkind for M Day. Also, have Pietro face justice for his role in M-Day, as well. Otherwise, I'm good with just ignoring them, as I don't keep up with most other characters in the MU outside of mutants and Hulk.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

justice sounds great on paper. but you'd really just be wasting a character with a great design and powerset who has survived several decades & multiple writers. by all means, punish the hell out of her. but death would just be counterproductive. can we kill Dazzler's sister instead? i mean wtf use is she to anyone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Make her the mutant child of Magneto that's been in suspended animation for almost a decade. Have the current Wanda be a magical creation of Chthon

Simple fix. See Jean/Phoenix Force
    All that sounds terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I want Wanda to embrace her mutant heritage and come to Krakoa. Yes there should be some type of atonement period and she ought to help with repowering mutants and apologize.

But I want her to basically do this while she's in a confused or lost state of mind regarding being an Avenger, using magic, all that stuff. So she is open to trying something else and hears of Krakoa. And feels like maybe I should go check it out and along the way she basically ends up "finding herself" again through doing good work helping other mutants, reconnecting with her family and so on. It could be a touching story.

Of course there would be hostility involved but hopefully that wouldn't dominate things completely.
    I agree entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm still not sure exactly what homo novissima is but i don't think she is fully one. The part that stands out about Homo novissima is that they are suppose to be manufactured. Wanda was born. But i could be taking it too literal maybe they meant manufactured powers and not literally manufactured being.
    It’s not impossible that if Wanda is made Erik’s daughter again, then either he or Moira killed Natalya to place the Scarlet Witchcraft under mutant control and provide another reality-warper backup to Proteus and Legion

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    We joke a lot about fucking Wanda up, but it would all be a waste of time, anyway. She doesn't bring anything good with her by being involved with the X-Men. If we're lucky, they'll never undo the retcon and keep her away from Erik and Lorna, meaning she thankfully has no business in the X-Books.

The lack of interest Marvel shows on her as a character is proof that she doesn't need further punishment. Not even the MCU could spark enough interest in her to keep her as a regular character in any comic for too long and the most she got this year was No Road Home. Before that, she was mostly a plot device, like in Secret Empire, and had a boring series by a boring writer like Robinson. And I'm, sadly, OK with that. I'd rather let Wanda be forgotten entirely, achievements and misdeeds, than having to deal with her wasting space in a comic book I like. Oblivion is a harsher punishment than death.
    I guess this post kinda sums up the situation.

On one hand, in the fiction, she should face her crimes.

On the other, outside of that, what relevance she has left is bleeding out. The only times she's been useful is when using her madness as a plot device and having other characters people care about bouncing off of it. And, usually, that's past-tense--even that usefulness has waned. The set-up for DoX might be the last good thing she's a part of.

For the MCU, they made her Jean Grey with an accent, because the comic version just wouldn't cut the mustard. That should've been a pretty clear signal. And, any long-term plan for that version of the character will likely still involve having breakdowns at the great cost of others. Elizabeth Olsen talks about that aspect of her it any chance she gets, which seems like another signal.

All of that said, I might not mind her being decoupled from Quicksilver, but that's a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    They really aren't he never raised them, there was never any real family connection between them, and Wanda and Pietro never benefited from it besides getting an event that's about Wanda suffering a mental breakdown.
    Yeah these characters doesn't benefit from being x-men.their home is Avengers

Also Wanda wasn't even guilty of M day. She could get away easily with mental illness

Man I can’t wait for Q&S to be retconned back to mutants.

Grateful to Bendis for bringing Jessica Drew out of limbo but man he really messed up Wanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    For the MCU, they made her Jean Grey with an accent,
    I'm honestly sure people don't even know differentiate characters anymore since they only seem to look at the barest minimum of comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Man I can’t wait for Q&S to be retconned back to mutants.

Grateful to Bendis for bringing Jessica Drew out of limbo but man he really messed up Wanda.
    he really messed up Jessica, imo. gave her breast implants, a shallow relationship with Hawkeye, misinterpreted her powers, etc. hell, most of the stuff people remember was actually Veranke.

BANNED

Why the sudden up-tick in anti-Wanda threads? Aren't those so three years ago (gosh, reading the old threads and seeing all the banned posters involved in them is often hilarious)?

Oh...wait...nvm. Thanks, Hickman.

Two words: Possession.

And...uh...possession.

Does that make it "four words" instead?
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 11-06-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    We joke a lot about fucking Wanda up, but it would all be a waste of time, anyway. She doesn't bring anything good with her by being involved with the X-Men. If we're lucky, they'll never undo the retcon and keep her away from Erik and Lorna, meaning she thankfully has no business in the X-Books.

The lack of interest Marvel shows on her as a character is proof that she doesn't need further punishment. Not even the MCU could spark enough interest in her to keep her as a regular character in any comic for too long and the most she got this year was No Road Home. Before that, she was mostly a plot device, like in Secret Empire, and had a boring series by a boring writer like Robinson. And I'm, sadly, OK with that. I'd rather let Wanda be forgotten entirely, achievements and misdeeds, than having to deal with her wasting space in a comic book I like. Oblivion is a harsher punishment than death.
    IA. I personally think she should have been killed off but I dont see what the purpose now would be of doing something to her. The ship has sailed and people need to move on

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

no all the mutants are being brought back to life anyway so it would be pointless.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no all the mutants are being brought back to life anyway so it would be pointless.
    Maybe Xavier and Moira knew M-Day was necessary so that Krakoa could thrive?

In that case, can you really blame Wanda? Xavier would have actively worked to ensure M-Day happened.

Maybe this suddenly explains why Wanda forgot that she had children and how they disappeared (other than, well, "BEEEEEENDIIIIIIIS!").