Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • She must face her crimes.

47 61.04%
  • I forgive her for her mass genocide.

30 38.96%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

MCU hardly feels like the kind of place for a heel turn in a hero, so I doubt her acting would be the primary cause. Also, she and Hannah John-Kamen are too beautiful and I could never fully view them as 100% evil, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    MCU hardly feels like the kind of place for a heel turn in a hero, so I doubt her acting would be the primary cause. Also, she and Hannah John-Kamen are too beautiful and I could never fully view them as 100% evil, so there's that.
    Not really a fan of her acting. To be fair, I haven't been big on Sebastian Stan either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, I remember when feminists threw a tantrum because Ghost was the villain of Ant-Man 2.

Of wait, that never happened.

They don't make SW a villain in the MCU because Elizabeth Olson has the acting range of a turnip.
    wut

Have you seen her in any movie/show that isn't a dumb blockbuster.

"Female character can't be trusted with too much power because she'll go crazy with it" is a trope that can't go away soon enough and the MCU
    should stay far away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    "Female character can't be trusted with too much power because she'll go crazy with it" is a trope that can't go away soon enough and the MCU
    should stay far away from it.
    This is one of the worst tropes. mCU should stay clear of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    In this modern Age of Polarization this by itself is the rarest of superpowers.
    OHHH true story

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Poor Wanda, Bendis really did screw her hard. She was used as a plot device for another event/AU but in the long run it only had tremendous bad consecuences for her, nothing more.

The people at Marvel should really think stories better and in the long term instead of only what they need at the moment.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Poor Wanda, Bendis really did screw her hard. She was used as a plot device for another event/AU but in the long run it only had tremendous bad consecuences for her, nothing more.

The people at Marvel should really think stories better and in the long term instead of only what they need at the moment.
    Yeah and I thought Hank Pym had it bad.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

And it all comes back to Byrne writing Avengers with Wanda having a mental breakdown

It was a bada decision by Bendis and was badly followed up by Rememder

Hold up. We all know Remender's retcon was editorial meddling.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hold up. We all know Remender's retcon was editorial meddling.
    Yes, that's not his fault, but making Wanda such a jerk in the first issue of Uncanny Avengers is on him. This was the first ongoing comic she'd been in for almost a decade and making her act so arrogant about the X-Men and mutants, even if there was justification for it in his mind, was a terrible way to bring her back and openly encouraged readers to hate her for the sake of trolling the fanbase.

There were things I liked about that first arc, especially how campy it was ("Honest John, the Living Propaganda" is a hilarious concept), but it was not what Wanda needed at that point. She needed careful handling and she needed to reconnect with her old Avengers friends and show that she wanted to make amends for what she'd done (even if it canonically was not completely her fault). None of this happened and none of it has happened to this day.

My boy killed off Wanda and Rogue for a good chunk of a story arc. oof.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And it all comes back to Byrne writing Avengers with Wanda having a mental breakdown

It was a bada decision by Bendis and was badly followed up by Rememder
    And M-day comes down to Joe Quesada. By his admission, he thought mutants needed culled back because millions of them no longer make them a minority.

Even though there are billions of people in the world. And you can still be marginalized even with high numbers...

*facepalm*
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

From what I understand from Wanda fans, her being retconned back into being Magneto’s daughter would itself be punishment for Wanda. So maybe instead of re-enacting the ending of the Wicker Man, the X-Men can just force her to attend family therapy with Magneto and Pietro on alternate Fridays.

Also, I’m intrigued by the idea of Magneto having a human daughter that reminds him of his human wife

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    From what I understand from Wanda fans, her being retconned back into being Magneto’s daughter would itself be punishment for Wanda. So maybe instead of re-enacting the ending of the Wicker Man, the X-Men can just force her to attend family therapy with Magneto and Pietro on alternate Fridays.

Also, I’m intrigued by the idea of Magneto having a human daughter that reminds him of his human wife
    I don't think Krakoa would be keen on letting her through a portal.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And M-day comes down to Joe Quesada. By his admission, he thought mutants needed culled back because millions of them no longer make them a minority.

Even though there are billions of people in the world. And you can still be marginalized even with high numbers...

*facepalm*
    Like I said sometimes there is alck of knowledge of how people can be opressed even in big numbers.

M-day broke Wanda and also X-men for a decade