Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • She must face her crimes.

47 61.04%
  • I forgive her for her mass genocide.

30 38.96%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

She's moved on with her life, guys. Be like Elsa and let it goooooo. Let it goooooo.

15 years and 100,000+ pages of art later, and some folks are like that thin pretty girl who can't get over being called fat in elementary school. So unhealthy.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I guess this post kinda sums up the situation.
    There is no situation, F.M. This thing is over and has been over for years. This is speculative fan fiction carried on in the hearts of the aggrieved less than one hundred who hang out here and on reddit and refuse to get with the times. This poll would have gotten hundreds of votes ten years ago. The lack of interest here of all places should be indicative of what the community actually wants, versus some really obsessive and vengeful people.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Also, I've always thought that if the Avengers office had given up its hold on Wanda and allowed the X-Men to do a "trial of Wanda Maximoff" story back when HoM was still a fresh wound, the character would be a lot better off today. The X-books have never treated Wanda particularly unsympathetically when she actually appears in them (even Bendis portrayed her quite sympathetically when the Uncanny Avengers team showed up in "All-New X-Men"). But instead she wasn't in comics at all and the X-books were mandated to show as much horror resulting from the Decimation as possible, so there literally were no comics where she was portrayed as her usual heroic self except in a few of the flashback comics Jeff Parker wrote like "X-Men First Class" and "Mystic Arcana."

No matter how bad the comics are treating a favorite character there's just nothing worse than not being used at all. Even becoming a villain is better.
    I don't think so. Better no use, than a bad use

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    There is no situation, F.M. This thing is over and has been over for years. This is speculative fan fiction carried on in the hearts of the aggrieved less than one hundred who hang out here and on reddit and refuse to get with the times. This poll would have gotten hundreds of votes ten years ago. The lack of interest here of all places should be indicative of what the community actually wants, versus some really obsessive and vengeful people.
    I think you're right in the sense that nobody really cares about Wanda. Her solo bombed and ever since she's relied on occasional guest appearances in Avengers book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think you're right in the sense that nobody really cares about Wanda. Her solo bombed and ever since she's relied on occasional guest appearances in Avengers book.
    I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Her solo didn't really bomb (remembering that none of these supposed "ongoings" are expected to last more than 6-12 issues, 15 is all right), but it was not produced by the Avengers office, which supposedly had no major plans for her when James Robinson pitched the idea of a Scarlet Witch solo book. When the solo was over she went back to being used sporadically by the Avengers office: a nothing role in Secret Empire, a romance with Jericho Drumm that hasn't even been on-panel since 2017, etc.

I couldn't say why she hasn't benefited more from movie synergy, though part of it was that because of her shared rights with Fox, she still fell under the unofficial embargo on Fox-owned characters that existed until recently, so she was left out of most Avengers-related games, tie-ins, and so on even as her MCU presence increased a bit. This is why the "not a mutant" retcon did the Maximoffs absolutely no favors: for the purposes of the battle with Fox they were still considered mutants. It was a pointless retcon.

Mostly though I think fans of Wanda tend to be either people who read the Avengers in the '70s, or people who read the Kurt Busiek run which is basically a five-year love letter to the '70s. James Robinson was born in 1963, Joss Whedon who got her into the MCU despite the Fox problem was born in 1964. She is basically dependent on late Baby Boomers for any continued comics presence she has.

Mind you, there are a few younger writers like Jim Zub who have said they like writing Wanda and haven't been given the chance since "No Road Home," so I suspect something more is going on with the Maximoff twins' absence from comics and it might be some kind of tug-of-war over whether to put them into the Krakoa storyline. But we'll see.

Incredible Member

Captain America said Wanda already apologized and that should be the end of it

Astonishing Member

There’s also the issue that the MCU stuff that should have won Wanda some interest (whack-a-Stark, Infinity War, kicking Thanos Ass) all occurred after the Ike-Feige split, and after it was noted that synergy does nothing for comic sales

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As the symbol of the destruction of the Old School Avengers and the dawn of incessant internecine events and constant feuding with the other franchises, I say chuck her and Pietro to the X-Men, but dibs on Billy and Tommy.

There’s plenty of good hills for the non-X/non-Spider characters to die on now that the X-Books and Marvel are reconciled, Wanda should never be one of them
    See that is exactly what I mean here.

BANNED

No.

And I don't care to read about Decimation/AvX anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Her solo didn't really bomb (remembering that none of these supposed "ongoings" are expected to last more than 6-12 issues, 15 is all right), but it was not produced by the Avengers office, which supposedly had no major plans for her when James Robinson pitched the idea of a Scarlet Witch solo book. When the solo was over she went back to being used sporadically by the Avengers office: a nothing role in Secret Empire, a romance with Jericho Drumm that hasn't even been on-panel since 2017, etc.

I couldn't say why she hasn't benefited more from movie synergy, though part of it was that because of her shared rights with Fox, she still fell under the unofficial embargo on Fox-owned characters that existed until recently, so she was left out of most Avengers-related games, tie-ins, and so on even as her MCU presence increased a bit. This is why the "not a mutant" retcon did the Maximoffs absolutely no favors: for the purposes of the battle with Fox they were still considered mutants. It was a pointless retcon.

Mostly though I think fans of Wanda tend to be either people who read the Avengers in the '70s, or people who read the Kurt Busiek run which is basically a five-year love letter to the '70s. James Robinson was born in 1963, Joss Whedon who got her into the MCU despite the Fox problem was born in 1964. She is basically dependent on late Baby Boomers for any continued comics presence she has.

Mind you, there are a few younger writers like Jim Zub who have said they like writing Wanda and haven't been given the chance since "No Road Home," so I suspect something more is going on with the Maximoff twins' absence from comics and it might be some kind of tug-of-war over whether to put them into the Krakoa storyline. But we'll see.
    The bit about Wanda being dependant upon the good will of baby boomers actually got a chuckle out of me.

Basically the world has been saying "ok Boomer" to attempts at making her bigger in comics. This is how I see our reality and nothing shall change this.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The bit about Wanda being dependant upon the good will of baby boomers actually got a chuckle out of me.

Basically the world has been saying "ok Boomer" to attempts at making her bigger in comics. This is how I see our reality and nothing shall change this.
    I don't really see where they tried to make Wanda bigger on comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Uncanny Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Uncanny Avengers
    By ick Remender? she is a avenger, this isn't big stuff

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, when we see her in more than one book at the same time (well, first she'd have to be in even one book, but you know what I mean) I'll agree that she's being pushed. As it is, the Avengers office acts like she has cooties.

I sometimes wonder if Tom Brevoort is overreacting to the fact that his first couple of years as Avengers editor were almost absurdly Wanda-centric, due to her being a pet character of both the writer and artist (who then featured her in JLA/Avengers all out of proportion to her importance, so that she actually had more to do than freakin' Wonder Woman). He's almost gone out of his way not to push her too much since then.

BANNED

By ick Remender? she is a avenger, this isn't big stuff
    UA was basically the flagship of NOW! So much so, it had the most killer row of artists per arc than we've seen in a long time. Cassaday, Coipel, Acuña and McNiven in a row is nothing to scoff at. It was also the book that was supposed to unite the X-Men and Avengers after the big event that was AvX.