Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • She must face her crimes.

47 61.04%
  • I forgive her for her mass genocide.

30 38.96%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    UA was basically the flagship of NOW! So much so, it had the most killer row of artists per arc than we've seen in a long time. Cassaday, Coipel, Acuña and McNiven in a row is nothing to scoff at. It was also the book that was supposed to unite the X-Men and Avengers after the big event that was AvX.
    I know it was big, but the Avengers book also had many good artists like epting and Opena.

But a avenger being on a avenger book is not a big push. Nothing more natural than it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I know it was big, but the Avengers book also had many good artists like epting and Opena.

But a avenger being on a avenger book is not a big push. Nothing more natural than it
    Well, wouldn't you call it a push to put a character as one of the protagonists of a big book? Particularly one that was benched from comics for nearly a decade? It's not a push like they tried to do with Havok, but it was one in a traditional sense. Particularly considering the whole "we have to go bigger" thing the Avengers line had going on, where everyone except most of the X-Men, could be recruited by Cap and Stark.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 11-06-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Don't feed the troll

UA was a big push. Down the stairs.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Not intentionally.

BANNED

At least it gave us THOR OF MURDER and Rogue being incarnate X-Boards shitposting before Avenge the Earth.

Well, wouldn't you call it a push to put a character as one of the protagonists of a big book? Particularly one that was benched from comics for nearly a decade? It's not a push like they tried to do with Havok, but it was one in a traditional sense. Particularly considering the whole "we have to go bigger" thing the Avengers line had going on, where everyone except most of the X-Men, could be recruited by Cap and Stark.
    It was about time they got some focus on Wanda after House of M. I will say she got a push

This kind of push.

whose idea get Remender write her like a self righteous ignorant?

Wanda should have been the 3rd X-Woman.

I'm sure this was mentioned already but I didn't take the time to read the whole thread, Wanda wasn't in control when that happened, and she was manipulated by Quicksilver so shouldn't we be going after him instead?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm sure this was mentioned already but I didn't take the time to read the whole thread, Wanda wasn't in control when that happened, and she was manipulated by Quicksilver so shouldn't we be going after him instead?
    HoM and the aftermath pushed it pretty hard that while the World of M was Quicksilver's idea, wiping out mutants was entirely Wanda's revenge on her father. Bendis signalled this in every possible way including having Emma look in Wanda's mind and realizing what she was about to do. Then when he revived Vision, Bendis had stark tell Vision that Wanda wiped out an entire race "just to get back at her father."

This is one of those things that make Wanda fans roll their eyes, say, "Forget it, Jake, it's BendisTown" and add that to the list of completely out-of-character things he's had characters do. However, if you take the motivations in HoM seriously, then Quicksilver just wanted to please his daddy while Wanda wanted to get back at him, because these characters apparently never think of anything else except Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He's responsible for House of M itself, no doubt. Magneto even beat him to death with a metal chunk, with how pissed he was. If you don't take the Doctor Doom retcon into consideration, the whole thing is framed as Wanda getting back at Magneto at the expense of mutantkind. It's a mess, honestly. Had Bendis shown her as clinging to her sanity or something, the Doom retcon is unnecessary. But she just depowers mutants and goes to live a peaceful happy life in Europe, so it kind of makes it look deliberate (this was also affected by Children's Crusade, since it was revealed to be a Doombot lol).

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I don't even know what Wanda's powers are any more, or what she is anymore.

I first recall her having a 'hex bolt' type power. Then it was said she was a mutant, and her mutant ability was to control probabilities with her hex bolts. Then she was a mutant with magical abilities. Then, she wasn't a mutant anymore. Then she was a mutant again, I think??

Despite it being presented as a utopia for mutants, there is going to be enough tension and drama on Krakoa without Wanda's presence. If she's not a mutant, she's not needed on Krakoa. If she is a mutant, I think she should stay where she is. Any entanglements with Scarlet Witch is going to bring the Avengers, and they're not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    HoM and the aftermath pushed it pretty hard that while the World of M was Quicksilver's idea, wiping out mutants was entirely Wanda's revenge on her father. Bendis signalled this in every possible way including having Emma look in Wanda's mind and realizing what she was about to do. Then when he revived Vision, Bendis had stark tell Vision that Wanda wiped out an entire race "just to get back at her father."

This is one of those things that make Wanda fans roll their eyes, say, "Forget it, Jake, it's BendisTown" and add that to the list of completely out-of-character things he's had characters do. However, if you take the motivations in HoM seriously, then Quicksilver just wanted to please his daddy while Wanda wanted to get back at him, because these characters apparently never think of anything else except Magneto.
    Daddie issues.

bendis oversimplified these characters.

I think Quicksilver had a bad idea that lead to a even worse idea by Wanda

Ultimate Member

Does anyone really think the Avengers wouldn't give her up to the X-Men in a heartbeat? We're talking about the same "friends" who let Magneto take her away after her breakdown and then, when that blew up in their face, acted like she was a monster best forgotten.
    Sounds on brand for that team, sadly.

Carol "I was abducted, mind-controlled, raped, made to bear the rape-baby, it grew up real fast into the exact same dude who raped me, and now he's going to take me away to be his creepy mother-wife-incest-slave-thingie."

Dude Avengers "Cool story! Have a nice time!"

Anywho, it's all a mess, best forgotten, IMO. I don't really want an X-story to have anything to do with the Avengers, frankly, including Wanda or Pietro. Just tell an X-story and keep the non-mutant side of the Marvel Universe doing it's own thing. I don't pick up an X-book hoping to see Wanda dominating the narrative and in half the panels.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-06-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sounds on brand for that team, sadly.

Carol "I was abducted, mind-controlled, raped, made to bear the rape-baby, it grew up real fast into the exact same dude who raped me, and now he's going to take me away to be his creepy mother-wife-incest-slave-thingie."

Dude Avengers "Cool story! Have a nice time!"

Anywho, it's all a mess, best forgotten, IMO. I don't really want an X-story to have anything to do with the Avengers, frankly, including Wanda or Pietro. Just tell an X-story and keep the non-mutant side of the Marvel Universe doing it's own thing. I don't pick up an X-book hoping to see Wanda dominating the narrative and in half the panels.
    On children crusade, Captain america didn't let x-men take Wanda

He's responsible for House of M itself, no doubt. Magneto even beat him to death with a metal chunk, with how pissed he was. If you don't take the Doctor Doom retcon into consideration, the whole thing is framed as Wanda getting back at Magneto at the expense of mutantkind. It's a mess, honestly. Had Bendis shown her as clinging to her sanity or something, the Doom retcon is unnecessary. But she just depowers mutants and goes to live a peaceful happy life in Europe, so it kind of makes it look deliberate (this was also affected by Children's Crusade, since it was revealed to be a Doombot lol).
    Yeah I've read all of House of M and I know Wanda said she did it to get revenge on Magneto but the way I saw it she was still crazy. She was crazy enough to make fake kids, she was crazy enough to make a fake reality but then when she screws over mutants she has total clarity? I'm not buying that. Quicksilver didn't trick her into "no more mutants" but he got the ball rolling. I can't speak to The Children's Crusade, I never got around to reading that.

Edit: I'm not even a Wanda fan, I just think some of her blame needs to be spread around lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.