Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman vs Supreme

Clark takes on his most blatant homage/ pastiche/ rip-off!

These are Composite versions of each character.

Clark gets all his best feats from Pre-Crisis and New52 and current comics (as well as GA & post-Crisis), while Ethan gets his Image and Awesome and whatever other publisher to use, including all of Alan Moore's run.

Standard Rumble settings.

Who wins?

I think it's somewhat unfair to Supreme to make it "composite Superman" since PC Superman is OPd as hell. It's interesting to note though that Alan Moore wrote probably the best "regular" Superman run (Supreme) as well as the best Captain Marvel run (Miracleman)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I think it's somewhat unfair to Supreme to make it "composite Superman" since PC Superman is OPd as hell. It's interesting to note though that Alan Moore wrote probably the best "regular" Superman run (Supreme) as well as the best Captain Marvel run (Miracleman)
    Wasn't Alan Moore Supreme basically PC Superman with all the same powers with just a different costume and personality?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't know Supreme all that well, but from what I recall, he's really not going to survive the PC Supes blitz.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Wasn't Alan Moore Supreme basically PC Superman with all the same powers with just a different costume and personality?
    Nah Moore wrote two Supremes/ Supremen- half the story was in the present (basically post crisis Superman) and the other set in the past (Pre crisis) with an explicit retcon between them (and also the more violent, less boy scout-y Supreme which had preceeded the Moore run) , a meta joke where the reboot (when Moore came on board) is explicitly acknowledged, in fact that's basically the first issue. The narrative shifts back and forth between the two eras. So while he did write a "pre crisis supreme" complete with old timey art and dialogue, the main story is set around post crisis supreme so to speak , with the PC version mainly used as flashbacks and to establish characters

Anyway so while the older version was obviously more powerful, Moore didn't write nearly enough issues to give as many feats as SA Superman, and in fact the post crisis version he wrote was arguably weaker than how some other writers wrote Supreme
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 11-06-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Nah Moore wrote two Supremes/ Supremen- half the story was in the present (basically post crisis Superman) and the others set in the past (Pre crisis) with an explicit retcon between them, a meta joke where the reboot (when Moore came on board) is explicitly acknowledged, in fact that's basically the first issue. The narrative shifts back and forth between the two eras. So while he did write a "pre crisis supreme" complete with old timey art and dialogue, the main story is set around post crisis supreme so to speak

Anyway so while the older version was obviously more powerful, Moore didn't write nearly enough issues to give as many feats as SA Superman, and in fact the post crisis version he wrote was arguably weaker than how some other writers wrote Supreme
    Ah thanks for the info.

Nah Moore wrote two Supremes/ Supremen- half the story was in the present (basically post crisis Superman) and the other set in the past (Pre crisis) with an explicit retcon between them (and also the more violent, less boy scout-y Supreme which had preceeded the Moore run) , a meta joke where the reboot (when Moore came on board) is explicitly acknowledged, in fact that's basically the first issue. The narrative shifts back and forth between the two eras. So while he did write a "pre crisis supreme" complete with old timey art and dialogue, the main story is set around post crisis supreme so to speak , with the PC version mainly used as flashbacks and to establish characters

Seconding the thanks on that one. Nice synopsis.

EDIT: That was my 4444th post since the last reboot. And at least 4 or 5 of them were cogent, on topic and generally good!
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Seconding the thanks on that one. Nice synopsis.

EDIT: That was my 4444th post since the last reboot. And at least 4 or 5 of them were cogent, on topic and generally good!
    Congrats big. We don't always see eye to eye but it's always good to take your read on a particular rumble.

So yeah. I dont recall anything from Supreme that places him in PC Supes territory.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I remember Alan Moore's Supreme having the millions times FTL travel speed ... wouldn't that put him in the ballpark of Pre-COIE Earth-1 Supes?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I remember Alan Moore's Supreme having the millions times FTL travel speed ... wouldn't that put him in the ballpark of Pre-COIE Earth-1 Supes?
    That's travel speed, not reaction speed. And honestly, "millions of times FTL" is damn slow compared to PC Supes or PC Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Congrats big. We don't always see eye to eye but it's always good to take your read on a particular rumble.
    If we always saw eye to eye, it'd be boring. And thank you, and likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's travel speed, not reaction speed. And honestly, "millions of times FTL" is damn slow compared to PC Supes or PC Flash.

Alright, I'll ask: then what exactly is Pre-COIE Earth-1 Superman's top speed?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Alright, I'll ask: then what exactly is Pre-COIE Earth-1 Superman's top speed?
    Fastest speed he ever reached was when he broke the bonds of infinity.

He had to build up a big head of steam to do it and was already going way faster than light and faster than the time barrier. He flew so fast he broke out of the conventional universe and was on the threshold of breaking into Heaven itself when the Spectre stopped him.

Not sure how to quantify that beyond "being faster than the universe itself could contain"?

PC Supes is also the guy who decides the best way to gather evidence of a crime is to race to a different planet and BUILD a giant telescope out of materials he mines with his own hands, just so he can observe the old slow sunlight impression of events in the past with his own eyes.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure