Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    should be a female Freddy. they aren't going to recapture lightning anyways.
    like this then ...

not sure where to go with the storylines at this point. other than having "inventive" new murder scenarios, what's to get into besides attacking teens (many of whom may be sexually active)? the cover-up by the parents who killed him, etc., we've seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    not sure where to go with the storylines at this point. other than having "inventive" new murder scenarios, what's to get into besides attacking teens (many of whom may be sexually active)? the cover-up by the parents who killed him, etc., we've seen that.
    Potentially, there's a whole dreamworld and maybe other denizens of Nightmares. I mean, those kids' parents burned Freddy to death so he comes back to kill their kids in their dreams.... and that just makes sense to everyone? I mean, this is just off the top of my head since you ask but perhaps there's some room to develop a mythos around how he came back, (did any of the films do this? I'm not sure I've seen them all) are there others like him haunting other people? etc... (tie it into the imaginary friends of "Drop Dead Fred" if you want to get really freaky...)

Something was pointed out on a podcast I listen to recently, and I think it's relevant here. These remakes really aren't made for us. They are made for a new generation that either doesn't like to or doesn't want to go back and watch the originals. So remaking the movies, telling the same story again and again, while annoying to us is really meant to bring in new fans that had never seen or never even heard of these characters before.

And probably also where the SFX and writing just come across as lame to the new generation. Nothing becomes dated more quickly than anything with teens.

Ultimate Member

I feel that Halloween 2018 already showed that you don't have to reinvent the wheel with the premise. You just have to update it in a way that both old and new fans can get behind.

Also his remake of Maniac was awesome. As was Mandy, which was produced through his production company.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 11-08-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    like this then ...

sure. but a lot uglier. we're talking about a burn victim here. i just think that gender isn't really a big deal when talking about a dream based killer. Freddy appeared in female form more than once. he was really about lewd sexuality and making people uncomfortable; kind of like Bugs Bunny. plus, his weapon of choice is basically long fingernails.

Ultimate Member

Also he's never been a super-big or physically imposing either, so that's not an issue either.

.. also with the joking aspect, "R-rated evil stand-up comic" Freddy, that's become something of a trope to the point of self-parody at this point. If there is a next one, maybe de-emphasize jokes, and make "krueger" more of an abstract monster/wraith, less about having a specific humanoid form..

and if the next one is to "set up" yet another movie, maybe make this an ongoing mystery with a semi-fixed group of people trying to solve it, rather than a completely new set of disposable teens who encounter this monster back-to-back with little or nothing done to educate one another on combating, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What could be campier?
    Attachment 89108
    The man killed by Freddy? Interesting.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Incredible Member

freddy with boobs , errrr no..haha

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

.. also with the joking aspect, "R-rated evil stand-up comic" Freddy, that's become something of a trope to the point of self-parody at this point. If there is a next one, maybe de-emphasize jokes, and make "krueger" more of an abstract monster/wraith, less about having a specific humanoid form..

and if the next one is to "set up" yet another movie, maybe make this an ongoing mystery with a semi-fixed group of people trying to solve it, rather than a completely new set of disposable teens who encounter this monster back-to-back with little or nothing done to educate one another on combating, etc...
    I would love a straight faced horror freddy. But the remake tried that too, and people actually complained about it being "too dark" lol.

You take away the dark humor and you have 'It.'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I would love a straight faced horror freddy. But the remake tried that too, and people actually complained about it being "too dark" lol.
    Freddy was also a lot less comedic in the original film, and what humor he did have was for more dark and unnerving. And it worked. Remake Freddy was just, boring, that was the problem.