Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nightmare on Elm Street (reboot?)

From CBR:
    https://www.cbr.com/elijah-wood-keep...#leave-comment

I loved this series when it came out. Such an original idea for a character, such a breath of fresh air in terms of storylines, SFX and villain for horror movies in a field that had been dominated by emotionless killers like Jason and Michael Meyers. On the heels of "It" being a box office hit, could this series see new life in this age? They tried rebooting it before, but it fell flat. I didn't see it, so I'm not sure why, but from the marketing it didn't really stoke my imagination -especially since the SFX these days mixed with the potential for dream imagery, and a darkly humorous villain should be able to create an exciting and fun experience. That reboot seemed like it was maybe too serious?

Can/should this franchise come back? I wonder if Elijah Wood wants to play Freddy. My one casting idea though if they want to raise some eyebrows: Johnny Depp! (full circle since he debuted in the first "Nightmare" and he's certainly no stranger to heavy makeup and creating weird, unique characters - it could be his Joker...)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-06-2019 at 01:59 PM.